ADVERTISEMENT

TV lift cabinet

extragreen

Platinum Buffalo
Jan 2, 2007
353438951_6678094038869459_3324445494168197922_n.jpg

The 10th project done for the same family.

Looks great!

Return customers are the best metric of good work.

We have one built in in our house, and the difference in quality (and cost of course) is crazy between semi custom and full custom.

Looks great!

Return customers are the best metric of good work.

We have one built in in our house, and the difference in quality (and cost of course) is crazy between semi custom and full custom.
The difference in labor time is crazy.

It probably took 10-12 hours time just to find suitable acanthus leaf corbels, acanthus leaf top perimeter trim, the vertical half round pieces at the top, and the center scroll applique. Then I had to find a suitable TV lift mechanism (those suckers are HEAVY) and figure out how to install it. That's another 4 hours. About 2 hours consultation time to iron out details with client. After it's assembled I apply a coat of primer and let it dry for an hour, finish sand it, apply a second coat of primer, allow to dry for an hour, finish sand, and apply the final pigmented finish coat and allow a couple hours to dry before handling. If I was able to build a duplicate at the same time it would save me 2 full days of labor. That's much of why custom costs what it does.

The difference in labor time is crazy.

It probably took 10-12 hours time just to find suitable acanthus leaf corbels, acanthus leaf top perimeter trim, the vertical half round pieces at the top, and the center scroll applique. Then I had to find a suitable TV lift mechanism (those suckers are HEAVY) and figure out how to install it. That's another 4 hours. About 2 hours consultation time to iron out details with client. After it's assembled I apply a coat of primer and let it dry for an hour, finish sand it, apply a second coat of primer, allow to dry for an hour, finish sand, and apply the final pigmented finish coat and allow a couple hours to dry before handling. If I was able to build a duplicate at the same time it would save me 2 full days of labor. That's much of why custom costs what it does.

I believe it.

If it's going to be in your family or in your house for years I think worth it.

What size is the TV? I had one of those in my bedroom in a suite I had in Vegas, those things are really cool!!

Nice cabinet. A shame they cover the beauty of wood with paint though. That same cabinet made of walnut and left natural would be stunning.

Reactions: extragreen
I don’t believe this is Greed posting. Calm, considerate, discusses his considerable talent in woodworking, and he hasn’t used “snotlicker” a single time. Imposter!!
Snot and Snotlicker haven't ruined the thread...yet.

You should order one to store your children's memories since you stole them to save a couple of dollars.

Well, I guess there are advantages to being so self absorbed that you don’t love anyone but yourself, you never have to worry about hurting anyone else. Good for you!

For the record, a house is just a building. If your memories are reliant on real estate you have trouble connecting to other people.

EG, you have a clean room or a paint booth where you apply your finishes? I tried to spray two doors today in the wind and they are covered with dirt, leaves, sap, bird droppings, sand, maple tree seeds . . .

I tried to spray two doors today in the wind and they are covered with dirt, leaves, sap, bird droppings, sand, maple tree seeds . . .
Should have asked the APCO guys who are going to be tearing up your yard everyday to help you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT