ADVERTISEMENT

Unbroken

Any tits? I may go see it with my mom. I don't want to get a hard-on while sitting next to her.

Originally posted by riflearm2:
Any tits? I may go see it with my mom. I don't want to get a hard-on while sitting next to her.
Unless you are into male prisoners of war, the boner should not come into play.
This post was edited on 1/1 1:49 PM by i am herdman

Saw this on Christmas day. It's not a bad movie, but out of 2 1/2 hours, it felt like 2 hours and 28 minutes were all about him stranded at sea or in the POW camps getting the shit kicked out of him. Not trying to take from what the man went through. I just felt there could be more to the story.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by mubaseballking:

I've got a feeling that American Sniper is going to bury Unbroken.
Different kind of movie is my guess. The story behind both are good My guess is American Sniper will be more graphic and violent and play to a younger crowd. Unbroken is a good movie that could be played as an educational movie. More of a family movie. American Sniper won't be that. Will be more along the lines of Lone Survivor. I don't think that was the intent of Unbroken. Different styles of movie. American Snipe will be more Hollywoodized.
This post was edited on 1/1 4:56 PM by i am herdman

Originally posted by mlblack16:
Saw this on Christmas day. It's not a bad movie, but out of 2 1/2 hours, it felt like 2 hours and 28 minutes were all about him stranded at sea or in the POW camps getting the shit kicked out of him. Not trying to take from what the man went through. I just felt there could be more to the story.

Well, isn't that the story? Stranded at sea for 45 days. The Japs were pretty ruthless.

It's not bad. Well shot. I thought it would go more
Into his life after the war. The dude lived to be 97. Solid movie though.

Originally posted by TwolfHerdfan:
He became a born again Christian and motivational speaker. Went to Japan and forgave his captors. The Bird wouldn't meet with him though.

I knew of this story back in 98 when he ran a leg in the Winter Olympics at Nagano, I was stationed in Okinawa and went to the games for a few days. The base paper did a story on him, glad to see it hit the big screen. I'm going to wait until it hits Netflix though.

Originally posted by i am herdman:
Originally posted by TwolfHerdfan:
He became a born again Christian and motivational speaker. Went to Japan and forgave his captors. The Bird wouldn't meet with him though.
Yep. NBC did a big story on him shortly before the movie was released. The man certainly had a full life - on many fronts.

Have not seen movie yet....heard it was not that well done.

I read the book...which was really good (although they spent about 100 pages on the sea/torture). Book written by same lady who wrote "Seabiscuit"

Originally posted by Chris884MU:
Have not seen movie yet....heard it was not that well done.

I read the book...which was really good (although they spent about 100 pages on the sea/torture). Book written by same lady who wrote "Seabiscuit"
At the end of the movie, there were people that clapped in the theatre I was in. So, I guess some people have different views. Again, if you are looking for Lone Survivor, Full Metal Jacket, or Platoon this is not going to meet your expectations.

Oh, and "Seabiscuit: The Oliver Luck Story". I bet that is an interesting read.

Fantastic movie - one of the few times Hollywood hasn't screwed up either a book or actual history. Have heard a few people complain that the movie spent too much time on his POW experience and not his relgious transformation - if that's what they took from this movie they've really shortchanged themselves.

His "religious transformation" was not ignored - spirituality was woven throughout the story, just as it is in real life; it was also addressed at the end of the movie as they were summarizing the rest of his life after the war. People complaining have too thin a religious skin.

Bottom line, see the movie - one of the best in a long time - AND read the book; however, as good as the movie is, if you have to choose between the two, read the book.

I thought Unbroken was pretty good, but I think the best movie this season was The Imitation Game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT