ADVERTISEMENT

Va. Tech board meltdown

They've resorted to talking about Marshall's academics. They learned that move from UVA when it was the only card those in Charlottesville could hold, since Tech would beat them on the football field.
This one is priceless

Marshall academics is also very different I know at least 5 kids from my area that have went there because of that reason

This post is interesting

Marshal since 2015 has had 8 or more wins 5 times, 1 10 win season, 3 9 win seasons and 1 8 win season, only 1 time since 2015 have they had less than 7 wins, a 3-9 performance. Would kill to have had the same record over that time span.
Yeah I read last night, they look down at us. Which is funny because I look down at them. VT has literally never won a National Championship in any varsity sport(that I could find). They have individual NT. Funny they think they are so superior because of money and conference affiliation but in reality they are not.

Reactions: sluggo72
Yeah I read last night, they look down at us. Which is funny because I look down at them. VT has literally never won a National Championship in any varsity sport(that I could find). They have individual NT. Funny they think they are so superior because of money and conference affiliation but in reality they are not.
Also, Virginia Tech players get involved in all these weird-ass sex crimes. Jim Druckenmiller for example. And most recently they had a football player who was so dumb he was tricked into getting some gay-head from some random gay dude posing as a bored housewife and when the player found out later it was actually a gay dude, the tech player actually killed the gay dude. I looked it up, the Va Tech players name is Isimemen Etute and he had a 3.56 gpa when he was kicked off the team for killing the gay dude whom he thought was a slutty-milf but was in fact a guy who wanted to give him gay-head.

Reactions: MUMAN3419
Please stop. Yes, their football team has been down recently, but their overall athletic department runs circles around Marshall's. And that's not a knock on Marshall - Marshall is doing more than alright and punching above their weight. But Tech is far superior.

And most recently they had a football player who was so dumb he was tricked into getting some gay-head from some random gay dude posing as a bored housewife and when the player found out later it was actually a gay dude, the tech player actually killed the gay dude. I looked it up, the Va Tech players name is Isimemen Etute and he had a 3.56 gpa when he was kicked off the team for killing the gay dude whom he thought was a slutty-milf but was in fact a guy who wanted to give him gay-head.
Your homophobia is showing. Do we need to talk about our former football player spending years in jail for molesting a toddler, our cheerleading team getting sued for the males teabagging the females while stretching, etc.?

If you're going to talk sh!t, at least do it intelligently.

Reactions: herddrummer05
Please stop. Yes, their football team has been down recently, but their overall athletic department runs circles around Marshall's. And that's not a knock on Marshall - Marshall is doing more than alright and punching above their weight. But Tech is far superior.

Your homophobia is showing. Do we need to talk about our former football player spending years in jail for molesting a toddler, our cheerleading team getting sued for the males teabagging the females while stretching, etc.?

If you're going to talk sh!t, at least do it intelligently.

You please stop. I do not care what you think.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Just trying to keep it real. But we are 9-1 with CF. Our passing offense will get exposed soon if there is a DC worth a shit

Dude, our passing game is exposed every week, or do you not notice we play against an 8 man box about 90% of the time? There wasn’t a snap against VT where they didn’t have all 11 within 7 yards of the LOS.

Why are people so offended by losing to us? They act as though we're some DII school thats barely able to put a football team together.

Dude, MU hadn't beaten VT since 1940...
While they certainly haven't been what they once were, they're still in the P5, actually played for a NC, and will always have more money and athletic prestige than MU.

Money and conference affiliation are exact reasons why they ARE superior.

Dude, MU hadn't beaten VT since 1940...
While they certainly haven't been what they once were, they're still in the P5, actually played for a NC, and will always have more money and athletic prestige than MU.

Money and conference affiliation are exact reasons why they ARE superior.
Uh oh. Now you’ve done it!

“You please stop. I do not care what you think.”

Reactions: RhinoD
Why are people so offended by losing to us? They act as though we're some DII school thats barely able to put a football team together.

Don't know. MU was favored to win too.

Regardless, we gotta hope VT goes unbeaten for the remainder of the season.

Don't know. MU was favored to win too.

Regardless, we gotta hope VT goes unbeaten for the remainder of the season.
“We gotta hope VT goes unbeaten….” Who is “we?” How about this, YOU can root for Va Tech to win all YOU want for the rest of the season. But not me. I hate Va Tech. I hope they never win another game again, this year, or any other year hereafter. I love it that they are down and out. They don’t have another game on their schedule that they will be favored to win the rest of the year. Good. 1-11 for them this year. Good.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
S
“We gotta hope VT goes unbeaten….” Who is “we?” How about this, YOU can root for Va Tech to win all YOU want for the rest of the season. But not me. I hate Va Tech. I hope they never win another game again, this year, or any other year hereafter. I love it that they are down and out. They don’t have another game on their schedule that they will be favored to win the rest of the year. Good. 1-11 for them this year. Good.
Sounds like someone who is also a WVU fan with angst against VaTech

Reactions: Rock98Dog
Ugh. Did t Byron tee off for like 400 yards and we still lost?
31 of 49, 406 yards, 3TD, 1 INT. But a lot of that was in the 4th quarter. The 3 TDS were in 4th quarter. Tech fans in those days had the arrogance of Ohio St fans. Tech was temporarily good there for awhile and they thought they were special. Now, they have received their comeuppance.

Last edited:
31 of 49, 406 yards, 3TD, 1 INT. But a lot of that was in the 4th quarter. The 3 TDS were in 4th quarter. Tech fans in those days had the arrogance of Ohio St fans. Tech was temporarily good there for awhile and they thought they were special. Now, they have received their comeuppance.

Without looking it up I know that’s not true. He threw for 200 in the first half. The difference in scoring was because we quit dropping TD and wide open passes. Without horrible drops, Byron throws for over 500 in that game easily and at least 5 TDs.

Of course our defense gave up around 6-7 yards minimum every time they ran, so no way we were winning.

Yes, you are correct, he was over 200 yards at the half. If you fast forward to 1:22:01 in the game they say it: at the half he was 15 of 28, 202 yards, 5 dropped passes, 1 interception. But the 3 TD passes were in the 4th quarter.

Amidst the petulance of your response, you do realize Virginia Tech winning out only elevates Marshall, right?
JMU who beat an ACC team, UVA, and UVA ends up going 9-3, it's going to make JMU look better than Marshall who beat a 1-11 Virginia Tech team.
It seriously may come down to that criteria and your immature self will be complaining about it, when it's such a mindset that kept MU out to begin with.
MU needs everyone they beat, to win out.

Only dorks, nerds, and losers talk about a university's academic standing. Lowest form of criticism. Couldn't be any lamer. One of the lamest things in the world, honestly. It's something that just goes in one ear and out the other.

Years ago, I attended a Marshall-Tech game played on their campus. The Tech fans were cordial and I was invited to join several of their tailgates. Wonder why they suddenly became a**holes?

Because if we do happen to win out we need our P5 wins to be quality wins for the selection committees. If VT barely wins another game or two then beating VT won't mean anything for us. It will be viewed that Marshall isn't really good. VT is just bad.

Reactions: Herdguy04
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT