ADVERTISEMENT

Wake up America. Headed for #2 or worse.

Army missed recruiting numbers by 25 percent.. the other branches will miss by 50 percent next year.

Woke is destroying our national defense.

10 years China will surpass us. Doubtful we could win now.

We are destroying our country.

The Arny, Navy, and Marines are reporting up to 24 percent rates of obesity.

What is going on?

• Sad
Reactions: Jartard
These adults are too busy doing their taxes to be able to have time to enlist.

Damn why would the grandkids of Vietnam vets, kids of Iraqi war vets not want to enlist.

Damn why would the grandkids of Vietnam vets, kids of Iraqi war vets not want to enlist.
You actually have a point. Actually throw in the kids of the global war on terror. The Afghanistan withdraw and the way in went down has caused a host of issues.

You guys are going to like this. I am watching and reading all kinds of stuff on China.

I am going to be hammering the China situation on this very forum.

Going forward over the next years, China is the biggest threat of our lifetimes and I include the Soviets in that conversation. You are going to get a dose of China info and my opinions.

They are gaining weight.
1)Lack of standards
2)Lack of leadership from the top
3)The youth of today coming in. Just look at them in society.
4)Military has lost focus on war fighting. The woke culture, leftist ideals, and a real sepration from the polticians and DOD officials at the top. Out of touch.

Reactions: Jartard
You guys are going to like this. I am watching and reading all kinds of stuff on China.

Going forward over the next years, China is the biggest threat of our lifetimes and I include the Soviets in that conversation. You are going to get a dose of China info and my opinions.
You mean more so than the 87 daily posts you make saying the exact same thing

I would say the difference between the Soviets and modern China is that the Soviets thought they could not only live without us, but that they’d be better off. They may well have been right, but at any rate the thing that kept them from annihilating us was we could annihilate them right back. Early on they really wanted us to “go Soviet” but once that was off the board it was a 0 sum game that they ended up losing.

China built a massive manufacturing and trade empire. But you’ve gotta have someone to trade with for that to work. China wouldn’t wipe us off the map, given the option. They’d weaken us geopolitically. They’d weaken us economically. But they aren’t an existential threat just because they have no motive to see us destroyed, just diminished (if it helps them.)

So while China is more capable than the USSR ever was, by a long shot. They’ll mess around with the dollar, oil, everything else, but at least it’s somewhat predictable because it’s not for unhinged ideological reasons.

Reactions: johns1124
I would say the difference between the Soviets and modern China is that the Soviets thought they could not only live without us, but that they’d be better off. They may well have been right, but at any rate the thing that kept them from annihilating us was we could annihilate them right back. Early on they really wanted us to “go Soviet” but once that was off the board it was a 0 sum game that they ended up losing.

China built a massive manufacturing and trade empire. But you’ve gotta have someone to trade with for that to work. China wouldn’t wipe us off the map, given the option. They’d weaken us geopolitically. They’d weaken us economically. But they aren’t an existential threat just because they have no motive to see us destroyed, just diminished (if it helps them.)

So while China is more capable than the USSR ever was, by a long shot. They’ll mess around with the dollar, oil, everything else, but at least it’s somewhat predictable because it’s not for unhinged ideological reasons.

More and more a growing thought is they are going to take Taiwan

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT