ADVERTISEMENT

Well, well, well.....Sources: Governor pitched Pruett to supplant Holliday

I have a friend in Fairmont and he says the AD from Fairmont State may be JJ's guy.

I've heard the same. Fairmont State AD and former WVU basketball player Catfish McNeely. Catfish worked for Jim at the Greenbrier and managed the PGA tourneys.

How is it an embarrassment when the Governor makes a statement about the Coaching at his alma mater? Did he beat up a pregnant mother? Did he throw whiskey bottles onto the field? Did he burn furniture in a drunken riot? Did he get thrown out of a dog track for being too intoxicated? Did he get a DUI driving around Cincinnati?

NO! He didn't , he simply gave his opinion. I love WVs new Governor cause I can tell you this, the in state series you girls are afraid of playing is coming back to a stadium near you!

I feel sorry for Holliday, he's been nothing but class, really , just class. Governor Justice DID donate I think 5 million towards Marshalls self built self paid for IAF so I'd suppose he can voice his opinions.

My take at the end of this season we will see:
Doc Holliday on top of his best coaching season ever and beaming with pride.
The Crotch Holding Drunk on his way out at Beat a Preg Mom U, and cussing with jack on his breath.
The immortal Bob Pruett turn 74 ever so quietly....

Speaking of WV's new Governor I saw online today where Justice announced he vetoed the proposed balanced budget bill. To drive the point home he printed out the budget and presented it to the press with bull manure on top.

This will go a long way in changing the nation's perspective that West Virginia is nothing more than a collection of backwards, unintelligent hicks. Well done by the state's highest ranking official.

Last edited:
Novel idea - the governor pays attention to the state of the state and does any and everything possible to elevate the state in areas of education and economics. Leave the operation of the schools be that athletics or all other areas to the schools unless he has decided he wants to become the president of Marshall as well as WVU.

Time will prove Justice to be a total embarrassment ( he is well on his way at this time) to the state in many ways thus solidifying the image that WV is #1 in the nation at shooting itself in the foot without aiming.

Would I like to see a new football coach. Definitely but I would also like to have a new hoops coach as well as AD to boot. If anyone needs to question the state of Marshall athletics it needs to be the President of Marshall and not the country bumpkin sounding and acting governor. Money does not unfortunately fix everything and Justice is a perfect example of this.:eek:

Reactions: 5150
Novel idea - the governor pays attention to the state of the state and does any and everything possible to elevate the state in areas of education and economics. Leave the operation of the schools be that athletics or all other areas to the schools unless he has decided he wants to become the president of Marshall as well as WVU.

Time will prove Justice to be a total embarrassment ( he is well on his way at this time) to the state in many ways thus solidifying the image that WV is #1 in the nation at shooting itself in the foot without aiming.

Would I like to see a new football coach. Definitely but I would also like to have a new hoops coach as well as AD to boot. If anyone needs to question the state of Marshall athletics it needs to be the President of Marshall and not the country bumpkin sounding and acting governor. Money does not unfortunately fix everything and Justice is a perfect example of this.:eek:
The problem with change of coach in football is we don't have the money to buy out Doc and we really don't have the money to hire a top notch one either. Basketball! I like the direction of our hoops program! If Bennett gets his grades we have a chance to be real good. I do think the AD is getting a little to comfortable. Having Justice in Charleston Hamrick should be standing on someone's desk and not getting off until he gets help for a fix to our baseball stadium issues. Don't let anyone fool you! Hamrick has no interest in trying to solve that problem and it shows a lack of leadership. As for the new Prez! I don't know him, but the Henderson Center complex needs work bad and enrollment should be a priority(and I don't see this happening). A good kick in the butt is good but not at the expense of blowing the entire thing up and it being a national story where it says JJ wants the football coach fired

Last edited:
The problem with change of coach in football is we don't have the money to buy out Doc and we really don't have the money to hire a top notch one either. Basketball! I like the direction of our hoops program! If Bennett gets his grades we have a chance to be real good. I do think the AD is getting a little to comfortable. Having Justice in Charleston Hamrick should be standing on someone's desk and not getting off until he gets help for a fix to our baseball stadium issues. Don't let anyone fool you! Hamrick has no interest in trying to solve that problem and it shows a lack of leadership. As for the new Prez! I don't know him, but the Henderson Center complex needs work bad and enrollment should be a priority(and I don't see this happening). A good kick in the butt is good but not at the expense of blowing the entire thing up and it being a national story where it says JJ wants the football coach fired

The President has only been here for 18 months. Enrollment has increased because of his revamped recruitment campaign. Also, the HC is not the priority. Places like Jenkins Hall and Smith Hall are the priority, and it was announced earlier this year that there would be multimillion dollar renovations done to both. Please don't bash the president before knowing the facts.

Reactions: HerditAllBefore
The better question here is who the hell let the info out?? Knowing it would be bad for the program

The President has only been here for 18 months. Enrollment has increased because of his revamped recruitment campaign. Also, the HC is not the priority. Places like Jenkins Hall and Smith Hall are the priority, and it was announced earlier this year that there would be multimillion dollar renovations done to both. Please don't bash the president before knowing the facts.
Im was not bashing the President. If you read the only person I bashed was the AD. I just said a kick in the butt is not always bad

Agree 100%. The school needs to increase enrollment quickly and Gilbert gets that. Hopefully those called out by JJ will work even harder to prove him wrong and if that happens, Marshall University will come out of this a much better institution.

Although my old English professor Elinore Taylor must be enjoying every minute of this. She hated athletics and athletes.

Not quite. MU is spending about $600,000 to fix some acoustics issues in Smith Music Hall. That's it. Spending a little over $2 million on Jenkins Hall, a 1930s facility that needs 4 to 5 times that much to make it a viable 21st century facility. In reality, MU's real handicap in significantly increasing its enrollment is its abundance of outdated, outmoded and/or obsolete facilities, including classrooms and dorms. MU's biggest problem in addressing these needs is its wholly inadequate capital bonding capacity and there's not a snowball's chance in you-know-where that the state government and the WV who graduate shysters who dominate in the legislature will change that situation anytime soon!!

Not quite. MU is spending about $600,000 to fix some acoustics issues in Smith Music Hall. That's it. Spending a little over $2 million on Jenkins Hall, a 1930s facility that needs 4 to 5 times that much to make it a viable 21st century facility. In reality, MU's real handicap in significantly increasing its enrollment is its abundance of outdated, outmoded and/or obsolete facilities, including classrooms and dorms. MU's biggest problem in addressing these needs is its wholly inadequate capital bonding capacity and there's not a snowball's chance in you-know-where that the state government and the WV who graduate shysters who dominate in the legislature will change that situation anytime soon!!

I don't see anything we are in disagreement with in this statement. This only shows that Dr. Gilbert can't be blamed for the current state of the university and that he is at least doing things to ease the problem.

The only reason JJ has for wanting Gilbert gone is because Gilbert stood up for his employees and university. That is something that I know JJ doesn't do for his employees.

I have a friend in Fairmont and he says the AD from Fairmont State may be JJ's guy.

http://www.fightingfalcons.com/staff.aspx?staff=1

Catfish McNeely. Spamite. Democrat bagman. Played for Catlett. Insider downtown Charleston lawyer turned manager of JJ's taxpayer subsidized golf boondoggle. Turned AD at Fairmont. Which being the AD in Div II is making sure the unis get cleaned and there is Diesel in the bus, nothing like managing the major corporation that is a mid-major Div I program.

Makes sense. Clearly in the democrat statehouse gang.

Not only no, but Hell no.

We are going to hire a WVU ex-athlete, politician and ex-lawyer with no legitimate experience in managing Div I athletics?

Might as well give up.

Reactions: alphasig1053

We are going to hire a WVU ex-athlete, politician and ex-lawyer with no legitimate experience in managing Div I athletics?

Might as well give up.

Okay so I'm moving to Costa Rica for a few years, please send me an email when all this gets cleared up! Oh and I promise to send mi pesos to the Big Green!

IMHO,

- The only thing that Metronews (medium right John Raese) and the Gag-zete (limosine liberal far-left Betty Chilton, who, BTW, just screwed all her employees out of their pensions) agree upon is both are 100% anti-Marshall.

- Jim Justice is not really governor in the way Matt Bevin is governor of Kentucky or John Kasich is governor of Ohio. He is a puppet of the Goodwin-Rockefailure-Manchin Machine. Manchin, via his bagman Larry Puccio, tells him what to do and he does it. It is Manchin's way of being governor and senator at the same time. That means JJ has plenty of free time on his hands. Idle hands are the Devil's workshop.

- That said, it good that a governor, even a token one, cares about MU at all. The last 8 wished we would slide into the Ohio. Deep down, I think JJ is trying to do the right things and wants better for the state and for MU. He is just under the control of very evil men who like things just as they are.

- BP and DN were paid campaign workers and paid endorcers for JJ. BP has a long relationship with JJ and the hotel.

- The stuff people post above about Photo Joe and Bill Stewart is 100% accurate. How did that work out in Spamland?

- BP has regreted leaving since the day Satan's Vile Servant, KO Marcum, ran him off. He was in a situation where he had no choice but to leave, as KO Marcum lied to his face, and to the face of all of us who donated money for the IPF only to be told no such campaign ever happened. He was the worst AD ever and you people who are down on Mike need to remember the wreckage KO left behind and the clean up job Mike had to do.

- BP is 73 years old. His staff has dispersed around the nation. He could not name 20 HS senior football players. He has not been involved in a football game in an active way in 10 years. He is collecting 3 pensions and SS. Frank Solich is 73, Bill Snyder is 78, and Nick Saban is 66, yes, but all have been coaching continiously for a while. If Doc goes 0-12 and gets fired, then Coach will be 74 when hired. Take at least 3 years for him to put in his system. Write off at least the 17 recruiting season. So that is 77 before we start to contend. We really want to have the program run by a guy in his late 70s? When would coach retire? 80? 85? Once a coach gets to a certain age, even the greats, the other coaches in the recruiting wars say "well he won't be there when you are a senior anyway." Add to that a basketball coach who is also on Medicare and a fanbase that gets grayer by the hour, and you have issues.

- HOF. Coach just needs one more year as a head coach ANYWHERE to make the HOF. Let him be the HC at Concord or WV State or Fairmont. Nobody cares what they do anyway.

- Pi**ing off a billionaire alumni politician is not a good thing. If JJ wanted MU to wear pink and purple, I would at least be very polite telling him no.

- Write this down. If MU or WVU do have a vacancy during the JJ era, either in football, basketball, or president, JJ WILL demand at least a major say in the matter. In fact, I figure he even cares about our women's coaching slot, given his involvement in that sport. Of the 6, Gee is one more racist comment from the PC police taking him out, Drunkerson has a long term deal which the Spamites don't have the money to get out of, Thuggie is obviously not well, Doc's seat is getting hot and he cannot survive another year like the last, DD is 70, and Gilbert, like all university presidents at our level is always looking for a gig at the next bigger place. Smart money says at least two of those six jobs are open in the next 8 years. MH is tied at the hip to Doc and his seat is equally hot with Doc's.

- The LAST thing MU needs right now is division. Be that a BP-Doc division, an Old Main-governor division, or a Mike-fire Mike division. We all need to be on the same side.

http://www.fightingfalcons.com/staff.aspx?staff=1

Catfish McNeely. Spamite. Democrat bagman. Played for Catlett. Insider downtown Charleston lawyer turned manager of JJ's taxpayer subsidized golf boondoggle. Turned AD at Fairmont. Which being the AD in Div II is making sure the unis get cleaned and there is Diesel in the bus, nothing like managing the major corporation that is a mid-major Div I program.

Might as well give up.
Well, its who Justice wants as the next AD. So, it may be smart to start letting others know you wont vote for him or Manchin (the guy that is controlling him) in the next election.

Reactions: The Real SamC

Well, Sheeeeeet, folks we have a Winnah!! No we don't need no politically connected, lightweight EER grad named "Fishhead" doing anything at all at MU except, maybe, emptying trash cans and cleaning urinals, perhaps, at the student center.

GreenhouseEffect has nailed it!! We need Winston Wolf!! A man who gets results ASAP!! No excuses! No ifs, No ands, No buts!! GittttttRRRRRdone, Wolfman!!!

First of all Justice has never recommend getting rid of Gilbert. He would like to see Holliday and Hamrick gone and eventually a new coach who could bring the Herd back to respectability. There are not many billionaires in the state of WV and if our president of the University is too stupid to at least listen to a billionaire who just happens to be the Governor and a MU alumnus then maybe Gilbert should be fired. Ideally Justice wanted Holliday out immediately which would allow Pruett to step in for a 1 year interim coach.. facts is facts

First of all Justice has never recommend getting rid of Gilbert. He would like to see Holliday and Hamrick gone and eventually a new coach who could bring the Herd back to respectability. There are not many billionaires in the state of WV and if our president of the University is too stupid to at least listen to a billionaire who just happens to be the Governor and a MU alumnus then maybe Gilbert should be fired. Ideally Justice wanted Holliday out immediately which would allow Pruett to step in for a 1 year interim coach.. facts is facts

And where do you get these "facts"?

jrod64 posted "Trust me...reliable source." Must have been involved with the Trump campaign and the Russians!

Must have been involved with the Trump campaign and the Russians!

dTlrG7Q.jpg

We all know Bob is trying to get his last year of coaching in to have a shot at the HOF. This all started around the so called snubbing of the former players last fall.

Bob Pruett's comment....

“I love Marshall University and what’s best for this school. I have not been offered a job or asked for a coaching job,” Pruett said Friday in a prepared statement. “I’ve made it clear that I support Doc Holliday. I’ve said it in print and I’ve said it on my radio show many times. I am not a candidate for any job at Marshall or any other place.”

“I really enjoy being retired,” Pruett said Friday. “Last night I was doing nothing when I went to bed. The greatest thing about that: When I got up this morning, I did not have to start over. I just picked up doing nothing where I left off.”

“Doc has a big job,” Pruett said. “We should be putting all our energy into helping him and Marshall be great. All I want is the state of West Virginia and Marshall to be champions. I am 74 June 20, and I am a retired football coach who loves this state and this university. I will help with anything Marshall University asks me to do.”

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news...cle_b7cdd048-ea30-579d-8ed9-00aac9b94988.html

Reactions: caliherd
If Justice didn't want the President fired then why was he only meeting with BOG members the last time? Maybe because he was willing to fire a President as well because he wouldn't cut the entire athletic department just so Justice could put his buddy BP back in as coach so can get into the HOF. Trust me. This thing stinks.

Reactions: pdbailey
Bob Pruett's comment....

“I love Marshall University and what’s best for this school. I have not been offered a job or asked for a coaching job,” Pruett said Friday in a prepared statement. “I’ve made it clear that I support Doc Holliday. I’ve said it in print and I’ve said it on my radio show many times. I am not a candidate for any job at Marshall or any other place.”

“I really enjoy being retired,” Pruett said Friday. “Last night I was doing nothing when I went to bed. The greatest thing about that: When I got up this morning, I did not have to start over. I just picked up doing nothing where I left off.”

“Doc has a big job,” Pruett said. “We should be putting all our energy into helping him and Marshall be great. All I want is the state of West Virginia and Marshall to be champions. I am 74 June 20, and I am a retired football coach who loves this state and this university. I will help with anything Marshall University asks me to do.”

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news...cle_b7cdd048-ea30-579d-8ed9-00aac9b94988.html

Made no comment about the governor's statements. This tells it all. I still do not believe he isn't involved somehow in this. If he truly wasn't, he would have at least mentioned JJ's comments.

When Gilbert returned from the Greenbrier after their initial meeting in December, Bob Pruett was waiting for him in Huntington.

That guy is the absolute worst.

ADVERTISEMENT