ADVERTISEMENT

When was....

2011 (lost to USPAM, beat USM, lost to Ohio, lost to Virginia Tech). Ended up 6-6 and then won the bowl game in the Tampa baseball stadium over then Sun Belter FIU.

The fans want as many football games as possible, especially the bowl games. Plus ESPN wants as many bowl games as they can schedule. Perhaps we should blame them?

the real question is can Doc break the home loss record in the Joan?

If it's in New Mexico, I bet MH and Doc refuse to go citing expenses and that's not our recruiting area. Lol!

Doc and this staff are an embarrassment. They belong in high school. How can the master recruiter put together this sh*t show? Book it we will lose next week at North Texas. And when we do he needs to be put on notice by Hamrick. Folks this isn't gonna get better...

We don't have the financial resources to make any drastic changes.

Texas hasn't been very kind to the Herd...

Doc and this staff are an embarrassment. They belong in high school. How can the master recruiter put together this sh*t show? Book it we will lose next week at North Texas. And when we do he needs to be put on notice by Hamrick. Folks this isn't gonna get better...
Thanks for using your 6th post to talk crap...

Some of us actually predicted that Pitt would blow us out....and we were scoffed at. MT, SMiss, and WKU will most likely thump us too.

Where is the talent everyone keeps telling us exists?

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Surbadger, is there suddenly a protocol on posting X amount of times before I can criticize this pathetic effort. For the record I am a BG Donor living in Charleston, SC with two season tickets I give away each week.

Do you want to debate this staff? Do you want to talk facts? Or do you just want to rebut my post with my inactivity. I rarely post because I think half of you people are Dbags with nothing better to do. However this is basically my only avenue to voice my frustration so here we go...

This staff sucks. If you want to argue otherwise bring it...

Reactions: WVU 91 and WV_Celt
And one more thing Dbag...I grew up in Huntington, was a former student body president, and have traveled with this team more than I'm sure you could imagine. So if you think I'm just late for the party you could not be more wrong.

Some of us actually predicted that Pitt would blow us out....and we were scoffed at. MT, SMiss, and WKU will most likely thump us too.

Where is the talent everyone keeps telling us exists?

Yep. People need to take off the glasses and get off Doc and Hamny's nuts.

You were right when you said you were frustrated, calm down. You can live in Huntington and be a Marshall student government president all you want....do you want a cookie? We might be having a bad start to the year and we may end the season bad, but comments like that from not only you, but others just makes you seem like a bandwagon fan...

So criticizing the coaching staff for an embarrassing performance makes you a bandwagon fan? Dude this isn't the land of gumball raindrops and lolly pop rainbows. Doc has been praised for 3 10 wins season vs. trash opponents. So I think the fans have every right to be upset when we don't show up, on the road, like we always do. I don't think it's right for you to judge me because I have only posted six times. Again, if you want to debate lets roll...

You are obviously a Doc supporter...Good for you. But you better be ready to defend him with more info than just the number of times someone has posted.

You were right when you said you were frustrated, calm down. You can live in Huntington and be a Marshall student government president all you want....do you want a cookie? We might be having a bad start to the year and we may end the season bad, but comments like that from not only you, but others just makes you seem like a bandwagon fan...
This team doesn't have any bandwagon fans. We are not good enough to have bandwagon fans. Having a couple of good teams over the last 15 years just isn't going to make us a bandwagon magnet. Regardless if its a positive or negative comment, everyone on here is a fan.

Reactions: The Real SamC
So criticizing the coaching staff for an embarrassing performance makes you a bandwagon fan? Dude this isn't the land of gumball raindrops and lolly pop rainbows. Doc has been praised for 3 10 wins season vs. trash opponents. So I think the fans have every right to be upset when we don't show up, on the road, like we always do. I don't think it's right for you to judge me because I have only posted six times. Again, if you want to debate lets roll...

You are obviously a Doc supporter...Good for you. But you better be ready to defend him with more info than just the number of times someone has posted.

You have the right to criticize, it's a free country, but geez man, do you believe anyone could have better than what Doc has done the past few years? I am a Doc supporter and most everybody else was too until 2 weeks ago. We will be fine, we have a very young team and it shows. You can also say that the 10 win seasons was because of an easy schedule but that is out of Doc's control and he handled them just fine. I just think it is hilarious that people lost faith in Doc after 1 loss against Akron. People need to just relax and root for Marshall either way.

Everyone has lit Pitt up throwing the ball this year yet all we want to do is throw zero to 3 yard routes. I am speechless.

Everyone has lit Pitt up throwing the ball this year yet all we want to do is throw zero to 3 yard routes. I am speechless.

through last week
Capture1.png
Capture.png

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Fair point...All I can say is I have never had respect for Doc as a coach (hard to verify but people that know me understand) and I now have begun to question his recruiting. I get the recruit visit updates and am done drinking the Kool-Aid when we get a kid who was also being recruited by Toledo and Liberty. WE SHOULD GET THOSE KIDS! It seems we have fallen into the pattern of only getting above average kids who have terrible grades. And maybe that's who we are and I can live with that. But that does not make Doc a special recruiter. Feel free to disagree but I have not been blow away with any of his recruiting classes and think there are several good coaches that could have done the same job. I also believe those coaches actually have a clue on gameday. And I think that is justified criticism based on our lack of depth ACROSS THE BOARD this season. Weren't we young last year? I love that argument...

Sorry I love the Herd, but this is unacceptable. The fact is this is year 7 for Doc. We have one title. He has done well in bowl games and I give him a ton of credit for 4-0. However, 7-6 records vs. the Mac and 12-23 vs DI teams with a winning record is not Marshall football. My support will never waver. But my frustration, like the rest of Herd Nation, will only continue to grow unless Doc or Hamrick makes changes. And I stand by prediction for next week. I'm afraid the criticism is just warming up...

Anderson has been doing better at RB. I wonder how he would do if Chase can get him the ball on a swing pass...

"People need to just relax and root for Marshall either way"

Enough said...Sorry I disagree with your statement. I get on this message board and read sh*t I disagree with all the time. But I don't tell people to quit voicing their opinion. If you are worried about fans leaving the "bandwagon" then you might want to find a new message board. After 6-6 this board will turn toxic...quickly.

We will be fine people. We are a young team, and we have some bright spots. Let's just see how this season plays out.

Win or lose I will say this was an incredible second half and will give the coaches mad respect for this comeback. Best second half with adjustments I have seen in 7 years. if they bring this the rest of the season then we have a chance. Proud of our players for not quitting which is impressive just like vs UL. Now we just need to find some consistency...

Reactions: andy4theherd
Everybody needs to R E L A X.

This is not a good team. The next two home games should be wins, however, as should the next away game. Come to the home games. Have a party or go to a Herd friendly establishment next week. Enjoy.

Fact is that after that, the beat downs resume. Come to the last two home games anyway. Yes, it will be cold. Yes, there will be 100 games, inlcuding games of actual national importance, on TV. No, Gameday is not coming. No, the games won't mean anything. No, MU is not going to win either one. Come anyway. Cheer for the Herd.

I can remember when we did not have a team.

Fact is also that Doc is not going anywhere. In what delusional world is Doc on any kind of hot seat? Get a grip.

And, while it is not hard to look good following the POS KO Marcum, fact is MH has done a great job with the stuff an AD is supposed to be doing. He has mended the fences that KO's idiot regime destroyed. He has built up the fund raising, built the IPF, and, when (not if) the next realignment comes he will do the best with what he has be dealt. He even has plans for baseball and HC modernizations. Get off his back.

Reactions: Surbadger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT