ADVERTISEMENT

Where was Knox in 2nd half ???

Herd-nificent

Gold Buffalo
Mar 13, 2007
anyone have an injury report ??? He had over 130 yards in first half and we really needed him in the second half.

We'll never know
b1d7a703bc177674fa0cdaa36160456f.jpg

He was on crutches on the sideline in the second half. Got hurt, appeared to be lower leg/ankle, on his last carry of the first half.

No worries. I read on this very board we have 3 or 4 guys currently not playing that are much better backs than the guys getting all the reps.

No one ever said that. We simply said we had more than capable backs to replace King. This was also assuming Knox was the new #1.

Now with Knox down who knows. The guys we have are talented but unproven. They all start that way.

No one ever said that. We simply said we had more than capable backs to replace King. This was also assuming Knox was the new #1.

Now with Knox down who knows. The guys we have are talented but unproven. They all start that way.
Yep. King is incredibly talented but I think most MU fans felt okay about him being booted because we assumed Knox would be getting the majority of snaps. I thought Sheldon Evans looked okay (he runs a lot like Knox, just isn't as good) but he's not ready to be a featured back yet. Lawrence Papillon is likely the next man up, although if Knox is out long-term I would guess the coaches will give Knowledge McDaniel a shot.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Yep. King is incredibly talented but I think most MU fans felt okay about him being booted because we assumed Knox would be getting the majority of snaps. I thought Sheldon Evans looked okay (he runs a lot like Knox, just isn't as good) but he's not ready to be a featured back yet. Lawrence Papillon is likely the next man up, although if Knox is out long-term I would guess the coaches will give Knowledge McDaniel a shot.
Knowledge is gathering all the facts and learning as he goes along.

I think they should now. You don't get recruited by the programs he did if he isn't a player. You have 4 games he can play in before we burn his RS. Makes no sense not to.

Why not play the best back we have? They can play 4 games and redshirt if they haven’t already.

Well, you give some info on Silva if you have it.
This is only an educated guess but when Silva got dinged against Boise it looked like a head/concussion issue. Last night he was jumping around on the sidelines and looked completely healthy. I’d guess as long as he passes concussion protocols leading up to the UC game we will see him back against the Bearcats.

Get used to it. Doc has never had any stability at the running back position. Every time we have a 1-2 punch, something -- whether it is an injury or some social issue or misbehavior -- comes along to disrupt it.

The interesting part about all of this Knowledge talk is that now Marshall is stuck using a mix of running backs who were non-qualifiers and/or suspended most of their senior year of high school for receiving impermissible benefits.

Knowledge is something that room seems to be lacking.

King is a good running back and we will certainly miss him on the team. King is the home run hitter. You give him an open lane and he can take it to the house. Knox isnt near as fast but he is a power runner that can break tackles and pick up the hard yards. Both are very good running backs. They complemented each other. King could have helped this team. With Knox hurt I dont know about our chances with the running game. Hopefully one of the other guys will step up.

King is a good running back and we will certainly miss him on the team. King is the home run hitter. You give him an open lane and he can take it to the house. Knox isnt near as fast but he is a power runner that can break tackles and pick up the hard yards. Both are very good running backs. They complemented each other. King could have helped this team. With Knox hurt I dont know about our chances with the running game. Hopefully one of the other guys will step up.

king is gone. and forgotten.

Prior to getting injured, Knox had 16 carries in only one half of play against Ohio. Evans wound up with 17, with five of those coming in the first half. The remarkable part was that no other Marshall HB had a carry in the game (and I'm struggling to remember another HB playing a single down), even after Knox was injured. Evans played every down of the second half.

Next man up, but not until the current guy goes down on the field, writhing in agony.

Reactions: mlblack16.
Evans did a fine job... He isn't ever going to be confused with Hershel Walker, but 17 carries for 77 yards after being pressed into duty is solid.

The only knock on Evans is he is the same type of back that Knox is. He's a grinder, 4-6 yards in the cloud of dust type guy, and there is nothing wrong with that since every team needs that workhorse type guy, but we need to use this bye week to figure out who our next game-breaker is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT