ADVERTISEMENT

While we are at it

MU overall enrollment jumped by a 100 or so per recent info from the BOG meeting. However, this year's freshmen enrollees are slightly down. The first figure might please President Gilbert but overall I don't think he can be described as satisfied.

MU's biggest problem is the shrinking pool of high school graduates yearly in WV. MU in a tough and expensive battle to grow its out of state/non resident enrollment versus ever tougher competition. This includes the pursuit of foreign students through the INTO program and the like.

The increase is because Marshall has started to count high school students taking duel credit classes( another can of worms I’ll avoid comment).

Marshall, or Marshall fans, may see Ohio as a rival but that feeling is not mutual.
Well I live in Athens and I would politely disagree. I assure you they do not want to lose to us. The Miami of Ohio rivalry is not as strong as it used to be.

Forget the MAC splitting up. Will NEVER happen. Not in 9 years, not EVER. If you want to fantasize, use CUSA, Sunbelt and selected FCS teams. Anything else is a pipe dream, not a dream conference.

Exactly, and for reasons beyond football as well. The MAC is very healthy in non power sports, with the likes of Kentucky, WVU, and other bigger schools being regional affiliates. I get tired of people thinking they are the one insider who knows what's going to happen to conferences. Doesn't SamC say the Big 12 is going to split up every other week? Pretty sure those 40MM payouts aren't busting anyone up.

MU overall enrollment jumped by a 100 or so per recent info from the BOG meeting. However, this year's freshmen enrollees are slightly down. The first figure might please President Gilbert but overall I don't think he can be described as satisfied.

MU's biggest problem is the shrinking pool of high school graduates yearly in WV. MU in a tough and expensive battle to grow its out of state/non resident enrollment versus ever tougher competition. This includes the pursuit of foreign students through the INTO program and the like.
MU's enrollment grew despite fewer freshman enrollees because of more online enrollment. High school students taking early college courses. Total enrollment up, yet total revenue down.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT