ADVERTISEMENT

Who Replaces King?

Sheldon Evans in theory but probably someone like Knowledge McDaniel or Jalynn Sykes in terms of talent.
Papillion appeared to have a nice burst. Granted it was very limited action in garbage, garbage time against VMI, but he appeared to have an explosive first step.

Reactions: ohio herd
Who is next up to replace Tyler King?

We all know Knox will be the #1. Here are the candidates to move to the #2 and #3 spots.

r-SO SHELDON EVANS

Evans was a 3-star commitment from the 2017 class and held offers from Appalachian State, ECU, Ga Southern, Illinois, Little Miami, Minnesota, S. Alabama, Tulane, WKU

FR KNOWLEDGE MCDANIEL

McDaniel was a 3-star commitment from the 2019 class and held offers from Boston College, Cincy, Duke, Indiana, Iowa State, UK, Ole Miss, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio State, Pitt, Rutgers, South Carolina, USF, S. Miss, Syracuse, Tennesee

r-FR LAWRENCE PAPILLON

Papillon was a 2-star commitment from the 2018 class and held offers from Cincy, FIU, Ga Southern, and Oregon State

Then there is r-FR JAYLNN SYKES. Couldn't find a link to Jaylnn Sykes' highlights that I could access. Sykes was a 3-star commitment from the 2018 class and held offers from Arkansas, Arkansas St, Boston College, Colorado St, ECU, Ga State, Georgia Tech, Memphis, Minnesota, Ole Miss, Missouri, Purdue, Rutgers, Tennessee, VT, WVU

So we're gonna be just fine at RB.

I really like Papillon.

He possesses a quick first step and runs much tougher than you'd expect.

I don't think you could go wrong with McDaniel or Papillon as the 3rd guy outside of not burning McDaniel's red-shirt.

Sykes is the closest thing to King that we have in the arsenal, but I just don't know that he's ready yet.

I really like Papillon.

He possesses a quick first step and runs much tougher than you'd expect.

I don't think you could go wrong with McDaniel or Papillon as the 3rd guy outside of not burning McDaniel's red-shirt.

Sykes is the closest thing to King that we have in the arsenal, but I just don't know that he's ready yet.

It's usually the kiss of death (ask @Aaron Perkins), but I am really excited to see McDaniel. I mean for a RB to have an offer list like that you can help but wonder what he could do in CUSA. Just tOSU alone. They always seem to have very good backs and if they liked him well....

Refresh my memory. What's his backstory. Not sure I have heard it.

Came from extreme poverty; was suspended his senior year for impermissible benefits because a family took him in a la "The Blind Side." While unable to play football, he was working in a restaurant, trying to make money to send to his grandmother who is raising his siblings. Apparently Dick Vitale frequented the restaurant, heard his story and got it out there.

Came from extreme poverty; was suspended his senior year for impermissible benefits because a family took him in a la "The Blind Side." While unable to play football, he was working in a restaurant, trying to make money to send to his grandmother who is raising his siblings. Apparently Dick Vitale frequented the restaurant, heard his story and got it out there.

Wow. I will now be pulling even harder for him to get out there.

So the options are two non-qualifiers and a kid who was suspended most of his senior season for impermissible benefits. Tell us again about how Marshall has no recruiting advantages

Yep, sounds good to me, three kids whose lives may be significantly aided by Marshall's second chance attitude. Love it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT