ADVERTISEMENT

Why Can't Litton

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Take a snap under center? Are we so bad that virtually every snap is in the shotgun with all the opponents now ready for Litton and his hand claps. UNC-C had that down pretty good. Wait for the other defenses we yet have to face.

Reactions: Timtnt9
Our offense and virtually everyone we play do the same thing. Most snaps today are from the shotgun and most teams we play now use the handclap.

Cato almost never took a snap from center (I don't remember him doing it ever, except to take a knee). Its the way the spread offense is run. Personally, I wish we ran a more pro style offense, if for no other reason to prepare our QB's for the next level. I think part of what hurt Cato was the fact that he ran the spread in college. Look at Goff for the Rams, dude didn't know how to call a play in the huddle or take a snap from under center because at Cal he ran the spread.

But, thats just my personal preference, we certainly aren't losing because of it. The clap is timed and that time should vary. I.e. 3 second count after the second clap, or whatever it may be. The clap is just something visual that the center can see. Its no different than years ago the QB saying "go" or "hike".

Its our style to not go under center. I think its best with chase. He is not quick getting back in the pocket. He is not a threat running the ball.

We need chaase taking snaps under the center about as much as a hog needs a wristwatch. He is too slow

He's no slower than Peyton Manning and Peyton Manning was under center all the time, same thing with Pennington. It's usually quick and mobile QBs who run the spread and never go under center.

Cato almost never took a snap from center (I don't remember him doing it ever, except to take a knee). Its the way the spread offense is run. Personally, I wish we ran a more pro style offense, if for no other reason to prepare our QB's for the next level. I think part of what hurt Cato was the fact that he ran the spread in college. Look at Goff for the Rams, dude didn't know how to call a play in the huddle or take a snap from under center because at Cal he ran the spread.

But, thats just my personal preference, we certainly aren't losing because of it. The clap is timed and that time should vary. I.e. 3 second count after the second clap, or whatever it may be. The clap is just something visual that the center can see. Its no different than years ago the QB saying "go" or "hike".

Cato is too small and doesn't have the arm for the NFL. That's just the truth.

If a guy has the tools and the brains the style does not matter. Brees, Newton, now Dak Prescott, spread QBs. Others have had some success, Dalton, Kaepernick, Tannehill....Philip Rivers and Rapelisbooger were usually in shotgun in college. Spread read offense concepts are creeping into the NFL.

Anyway, with our OL play there is no way we need to put any QB under center. Cam Newton himself would get killed lol.

Its our style to not go under center. I think its best with chase. He is not quick getting back in the pocket. He is not a threat running the ball.

He is not a threat running the ball? Wouldn't you have to actually run the ball first to be a threat?

Perhaps the reason he doesn't snap from under the center is because that would give him less time to stare down receivers?

With nothing else working for the most obvious vanilla offense in CUSA perhaps trying something different i.e., taking a snap under center for a handoff to a back might work a little better than the way Legg has Litton doing shotgun with his handslap and every defense we have faced not fooled at all. JMO

I don't think we should use one of the three best QBs ever to make an argument about Litton and anything lol.

Just trying to point out that most of your less gifted athletes at quarterback play from under center, not from the shotgun most of the time. But, you're probably right, I could have used someone lower on the totem pole to make the point haha

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT