ADVERTISEMENT

Why not move on Gullickson Reno??

Maybe Jimmy Olsen Jr from the H-D could get it done.
Not Chuckles

Last edited:
I agree Twolf. 5150 was saying “someone” should contact the AD and I was responding that it’s his idea so he should contact MH.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
If true, that’s ridiculous. Why refuse money for a project? That doesn’t seem logical at all.

There's far more too that story than what was just said.

It happened on the baseball side of things too.

That's why the baseball stadium build and Gullickson Reno had to be announced together. You had too many egos/money being thrown together, which led to our current situation.

"If this doesn't get built, then I'm pulling my money."

"If the basketball team doesn't get a practice facility, then I'm pulling my money."

"If the tennis team doens't get some upgrades, then I'm pulling my money."

And so on, and so on.

Reactions: 19MU88

That's why the baseball stadium build and Gullickson Reno had to be announced together. You had too many egos/money being thrown together, which led to our current situation.

"If the basketball team doesn't get a practice facility, then I'm pulling my money."

And so on, and so on.

Maybe I am simple but this stuff burns me up. If I give 5 mil for a baseball stadium or football weight room, etc. I would expect it go toward that project. I don’t understand the AD not complying with those wishes - IF that specific project is in the works.

Now if a donor places stipulations on a gift above and beyond the project it should be used for, then screw them.

If egos can’t be checked at the door for the good of this school, then we need don’t need them, regardless who they are.

Maybe I am simple but this stuff burns me up. If I give 5 mil for a baseball stadium or football weight room, etc. I would expect it go toward that project. I don’t understand the AD not complying with those wishes - IF that specific project is in the works.

Now if a donor places stipulations on a gift above and beyond the project it should be used for, then screw them.

If egos can’t be checked at the door for the good of this school, then we need don’t need them, regardless who they are.

I agree with everything in your post. But I believe the reality of the situation is the athletic department is under tremendous pressure to fund sports, and needs the latitude to divert money to cover gaps in the budget. I wouldn’t want MH’s job. Realignment has mortally wound mid major programs. I think it was by design....and I don’t think there is any way to reverse the trend.

I agree with everything in your post. But I believe the reality of the situation is the athletic department is under tremendous pressure to fund sports, and needs the latitude to divert money to cover gaps in the budget. I wouldn’t want MH’s job. Realignment has mortally wound mid major programs. I think it was by design....and I don’t think there is any way to reverse the trend.
Ninegate - unfortunately I believe you are correct.

Good point and that very well could be true. I will say that It has been mentioned that MH has taken liberties with funds from the Tip-off Club and funneled them elsewhere. Maybe a Tip-off club guy can confirm this or deny.
I find it hard to believe this could be done.

Good point and that very well could be true. I will say that It has been mentioned that MH has taken liberties with funds from the Tip-off Club and funneled them elsewhere. Maybe a Tip-off club guy can confirm this or deny.
I find it hard to believe this could be done.
......also - how much damn $$ are we talking about? I wouldn’t think more than $10,000? (Tip-off club)

And so on, and so on.

- Josh Stowers, Shewey Spokesperson

......also - how much damn $$ are we talking about? I wouldn’t think more than $10,000? (Tip-off club)

Doesn’t matter. The fact that funds were possibly diverted from the Tip Off Club to another line item in the AD budget is totally wrong!

I am sure if we diverted funds from the football budget or QB club, that Hammy and Doc would have a shit fit.

Reactions: Herdmeister
I was told that at least $80k was diverted from the funds to pay for a line item that should have been in the athletic budget, not paid by a group of supporters

Doesn’t matter. The fact that funds were possibly diverted from the Tip Off Club to another line item in the AD budget is totally wrong!

I am sure if we diverted funds from the football budget or QB club, that Hammy and Doc would have a shit fit.
exactly. I give a few hundred $$ a year to the Tip Off Club. I do that because I want to help the basketball team. It does tick me off that my money was being used for something else. I know other members feel the same way.

Chuck just quoted DD as saying the BB budget is decent and had bone up a bit.

General budget issues and money moving around between sports in the general fund is one thing, but people giving to the Tip Off club and the QB Club or dedicating funds to a sport during a fnd raisng campaign - - donors should know their money goes there.

I'd really like to know the facts and not rumors. I give 1500 to the tip off club and I expect it to be used for the bball team.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Chuck just quoted DD as saying the BB budget is decent and had bone up a bit.

General budget issues and money moving around between sports in the general fund is one thing, but people giving to the Tip Off club and the QB Club or dedicating funds to a sport during a fnd raisng campaign - - donors should know their money goes there.

I'd really like to know the facts and not rumors. I give 1500 to the tip off club and I expect it to be used for the bball team.
Call Danny. He will tell you

not doubting it. but, all this information does is make me not want to donate to the tip off club. not sure that helps.

Which is exactly why certain people should keep their mouth shut in regards to certain things.

I’m not saying that diverting funds is ok, but to me, as long as those funds are replaced in a timely fashion then so be it.

Reactions: 19MU88
Which is exactly why certain people should keep their mouth shut in regards to certain things.

I’m not saying that diverting funds is ok, but to me, as long as those funds are replaced in a timely fashion then so be it.

IF they are being replaced in timely fashion, sure. If not, then that’s a huge issue in many levels.
Also, is the AD consulting with the coaches when this shell game is done? If not, then that is a MAJOR issue and not a good look.

The secretive nature of the MU AD isn’t doing them any favors. If anything, it’s driving people away.

I don't see anything wrong with the AD communicating what's going on with the millions of dollars fans have already donated. They're not his, that's for damn sure. I'd love to see more communication from the AD on these projects, it may build some momentum and cause those not in the loop to actually donate. jmho.

I have felt they AD
posts on HN...under a "code name" ........Your thoughts?

HerdZilla22

IF they are being replaced in timely fashion, sure. If not, then that’s a huge issue in many levels.
Also, is the AD consulting with the coaches when this shell game is done? If not, then that is a MAJOR issue and not a good look.

The secretive nature of the MU AD isn’t doing them any favors. If anything, it’s driving people away.
our AD and head basketball coach seldom speak.

COVID 19 has made this thread a mute point. Nothing is going to happen with anything anywhere anytime soon.

ADVERTISEMENT