ADVERTISEMENT

With just 7 games left. Will Dan guide this team to 20 wins?

Will we reach 20 wins?

• Yes

Votes: 34 38.6%
  • No

Votes: 54 61.4%

• Total voters
Herdmeister posted "We have made money on all play to pay games." Show us the money! A team least show us the data that led you to post that. I may be under the mistaken idea that Hamrick is opposed to pay for play games. I said I could be mistaken.
Mike is very good friends with one of the producers of the tournament we have played in before. They knew each other when he was in Vegas. He was all for the ones we were in before. It will be a case of if Danny wants to play.

Remember the last time we played in the "Pay to Play" at the Henderson Center? Donnie had Whiteside who knew he was done and gave zero effort. Just saying meister the players know it's just another "game" - if you win out what did you win? The fourth or fifth place post-season tournament? Talk to the players meister. Most don't even know the name/s of the "Pay to Play" events. Just saying. Not much fan interest in a meaningless (other than a few more games maybe) event.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
So far as of March 3rd

W - WKU , UAB , Charlotte
L - MTSU , ODU , Rice

Up to NTSU - lose that one we are then 16-15 lose in the first round of CUSA 16-16 not exactly a stellar record..but I am sure it will get DD a contract extension..lol

UNT is pretty bad. Don't see us losing to them. Assuming UAB beats FIU at home we'd both be 10-8 but we split in the regular season so I'm not sure who would get the 6th seed and who would drop to seven.

6th probably means FAU or USM and 7th probably means UTSA or Charlotte. We'd be favored against all four of those teams so let's assume ( I know, I know) a win. QF would be against La Tech or ODU and I don't like our chances against either team - especially ODU.

That would leave us at 18-15.

UNT is pretty bad. Don't see us losing to them. Assuming UAB beats FIU at home we'd both be 10-8 but we split in the regular season so I'm not sure who would get the 6th seed and who would drop to seven.

6th probably means FAU or USM and 7th probably means UTSA or Charlotte. We'd be favored against all four of those teams so let's assume ( I know, I know) a win. QF would be against La Tech or ODU and I don't like our chances against either team - especially ODU.

And that would not lead anyone who is thinking to conclude that the Herd made SIGNIFICANT PROGRESS this season, with 3 of our 4 leading scorers/players being seniors. And with the departure of so much firepower/point production heading into 2017-18, and with some of our signees facing possible ineligibility next year, this team could be looking at a significant downturn next season. Absent, of course, the obtaining of 2 or 3 here to fore unknown James Kelly-like players this spring and summer by Coach D and staff, along with the early departure/transfer of some of our non-D1 caliber foreign players at the same time!!

Danny said yesterday at practice that it is his understanding that UAB wins the tie breaker. In fact, he hopes that is true. He prefers the 7 seed.

Been a tough year. Emotionally, Duhon's situation cost us two or three losses and the flu bug two more. I remember when sickness cost us the game (73-70) with Morehead State here in 1971-72 -- Barry Driscoll ran straight off the court into the locker room.

Especially, we shouldn't have lost to Cincinnati and Southern Miss. So, unless we make a good run in Birmingham, we've probably missed the 20-game mark.

If we get a bid in a pay for play tourney, I think we should take it this year. Not normally a fan of those, but I think it would be a good benchmark for the program and experience for those returning next year. It would also give the kids a chance to redeem themselves.

With that, I've probably made my final comment about basketball this season. I think were are making progress, albeit slowly. Danny has his heart into it and --from here on out -- they'll be all his players.

In closing, I want to say that I love all of our players -- every one of them. I particularly want to thank Ryan, Stevie and Austin for their contributions -- they bought into the system and put a better, more exciting product on the floor.

We match up against La Tech than we do ODU. They play a much quicker style, like us. Assuming all win out, we would get La Tech and then ODU
Been a tough year. Emotionally, Duhon's situation cost us two or three losses and the flu bug two more. I remember when sickness cost us the game (73-70) with Morehead State here in 1971-72 -- Barry Driscoll ran straight off the court into the locker room.

Especially, we shouldn't have lost to Cincinnati and Southern Miss. So, unless we make a good run in Birmingham, we've probably missed the 20-game mark.

Two worst losses were to USM and EKU

Last I checked, Marshall was down 10 with 3:19 left in the first half.

Last I checked, Marshall was down 10 with 3:19 left in the first half.

On Senior Night, Marshall won 106-104 while the team they played shot lights out all night. At what point does a Moderator ban this guy? 90% or more of his posts are just to bash Marshall University.

Reactions: 19MU88
On Senior Night, Marshall won 106-104 while the team they played shot lights out all night. At what point does a Moderator ban this guy? 90% or more of his posts are just to bash Marshall University.
It never should have been that close at all. UNT has only won 2 conference games all year. Stating facts is not bashing. Marshall was down 10 and down 8 at the half. Kudos for coming back.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Nothing incorrect in his post. We battled back and won.

If Marshall was winning or at any positive point, they have nothing to say... I'm fine with outsiders coming on this board to talk Marshall, but when you cannot find a positive post from "EERS", then I believe mods need to take notice.

Reactions: 19MU88
Not so much a great win as opposed to what would have been a devastating loss to the program. Hope our boys wake up before B'ham!

Herdmeister is absolutely correct: losses to EKU and Southern Miss are the worst of our 14. The Colonels lost 19 games and didn't qualify for the OVC tourney. Southern Miss clearly one of 3 or 4 worst of CUSA's bottom feeders/also rans. Yet both beat us fairly HANDILY. EKU had a 6'7" sophomore, Mayo, who went off on our porous defense. Of course that's not so unusual since if you go back and look at the summaries of our losses, our opponents usually had a player or players who had career performances offensively against our "D"!!

That is what makes this team both simultaneously exciting and exasperating at the same time. Can play well and look real fluid for stretches against some strong opponents, including Pitt, Cincy, LA Tech, and even MTSU, but then look so out of sync, lackadaisical and often clueless against lesser foes.

Let's hope in 2-3 days the flu bug has essentially run its course, the team and staff are rested and recharged, and let's make some positive HERD NOISE in Birmingham. Go Herd!!

Magic-8-Ball.jpg

20 wins+ is the regular season goal , that we did not accomplish , great that we are now at 20 counting the 3 wins at CUSA however the mark / target is 20+ during the regular season was not accomplished.

On the other hand we have won 20 so all things taken into consideration add a couple of games to the W column from the L side that we should have won ( then again we won a few we probably should not have) and we would have eclipsed 20 during the regular season and that is the goal or at least with most programs that's the goal.

The regular season record could have been better , could have been worse but right now it is not a factor since CUSA is a one bid league.

Solution to the problem - BEAT MTSU and lets go Dancing and leave it at that.

20 wins+ is the regular season goal , that we did not accomplish , great that we are now at 20 counting the 3 wins at CUSA however the mark / target is 20+ during the regular season was not accomplished.

On the other hand we have won 20 so all things taken into consideration add a couple of games to the W column from the L side that we should have won ( then again we won a few we probably should not have) and we would have eclipsed 20 during the regular season and that is the goal or at least with most programs that's the goal.

The regular season record could have been better , could have been worse but right now it is not a factor since CUSA is a one bid league.

Solution to the problem - BEAT MTSU and lets go Dancing and leave it at that.
2 years ago we won 11 games. Try to enjoy a 20 win season.We are moving in the right direction- FORWARD. It's not like we have them every year around here . Am I right?

2 years ago we won 11 games. Try to enjoy a 20 win season.We are moving in the right direction- FORWARD. It's not like we have them every year around here . Am I right?

I'm enjoying it , just saying 20+ is what you are after during the regular season , tournament play is the icing on the cake prior to post season. Granted we do not know a ton about post season so to have 20 at this time , as you said 2 years ago we won but 11 games , good improvement , can only imagine what this team would be like with a true big in the post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT