ADVERTISEMENT

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda

Fill your stadium for a National TV game before you criticize anyone else.

Just stating facts. That sir is what cost a very good Marshall team an upset victory. Mock us if you must but we are the ones that get the National TV games now aren't we.

Zero yards second half. Zero first downs second half.

I don't think anyone was insulting by saying your QB needs better protection.

Maybe this is no longer the place for someone overly sensitive like yourself.

Congrats on your win. We're not a very good team. I would be concerned with your team and its supposed top 25 ranking. If we could stop your offense in the entire 1st half with the exception of the final minute and change when your vaunted offense finally managed to score, then you need to be concerned.

I don't think anyone was insulting by saying your QB needs better protection.

Maybe this is no longer the place for someone overly sensitive like yourself.

Congrats on your win. We're not a very good team. I would be concerned with your team and its supposed top 25 ranking. If we could stop your offense in the entire 1st half with the exception of the final minute and change when your vaunted offense finally managed to score, then you need to be concerned.

Overly sensitive. Nice try.

"Supposed top 25"
I guess we'll drop on Monday right.

There are two haves to a game. The one being sensitive is you. I stated you dropped the ball in the second half with zero yards and zero first downs. Is that a concern to your team or are you just so superior you don't need to focus for the whole game? If the first half of a game good enough for you so you can then go on a claim a moral victory.

We are well aware of our difficencies with our offensive line. Nothing we have not been concerned with for a couple years. Your defense played well and pushed our line around even though they where on average 40 pounds lighter than our o-line. We could not get any push in the first half. That is very concerning to us.

The final score indicates we did enough to get the victory and that is the ultimate goal of any football team.

"Supposed top 25"

Not typically with a win, in the traditional polls. But when it comes to the playoff poll, yes it will cost you. If you can't see that then you are a homer and/or don't understand how subjective things are with voters.

Oh, the statement was quite accurate.

See you next time we play. Thanks for stopping by.

Not typically with a win, in the traditional polls. But when it comes to the playoff poll, yes it will cost you. If you can't see that then you are a homer and/or don't understand how subjective things are with voters.

Oh, the statement was quite accurate.

See you next time we play. Thanks for stopping by.

I'll stop by again in late December.

"Supposed top 25"

There are two haves to a game. The one being sensitive is you. I stated you dropped the ball in the second half with zero yards and zero first downs. Is that a concern to your team or are you just so superior you don't need to focus for the whole game? If the first half of a game good enough for you so you can then go on a claim a moral victory.

We are well aware of our difficencies with our offensive line. Nothing we have not been concerned with for a couple years. Your defense played well and pushed our line around even though they where on average 40 pounds lighter than our o-line. We could not get any push in the first half. That is very concerning to us.

The final score indicates we did enough to get the victory and that is the ultimate goal of any football team.

Halves, deficiencies, and were are the correct spellings.

Not typically with a win, in the traditional polls. But when it comes to the playoff poll, yes it will cost you.

No it won't. Wins never hurt anyone. Every team in the country has some close calls. Look at the SEC, they play John Doe once a week in November and some of those teams always underperform in those games. If they win the rest of them, or have quality wins, that always supersedes a mediocre performance.

No it won't. Wins never hurt anyone. Every team in the country has some close calls. Look at the SEC, they play John Doe once a week in November and some of those teams always underperform in those games. If they win the rest of them, or have quality wins, that always supersedes a mediocre performance.

Uh, yes, yes it will. Since its inception, we have already seen the playoff committee give more credit for a quality loss than a lame or unimpressive victory.

Uh, yes, yes it will. Since its inception, we have already seen the playoff committee give more credit for a quality loss than a lame or unimpressive victory.

Yes, a quality loss also is a good factor when telling teams apart for the playoff committee. For a team like Boise, who is trying to just make a power bowl, beating Marshall by 7 (who is one of the best teams in CUSA) is not going to be one of those head scratchers. On the contrary, winning games against other quality G5 teams is exactly what WILL separate Boise from another close team. I would argue beating Marshall is a much more quality win than a lot of UCF's schedule. Or to keep it relevant- there is NO team on UCF schedule that they could lose to that would account for more 'playoff points' than Boise's win over Marshall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT