ADVERTISEMENT

You don't need a rifle with a large magazine

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Then why do drive or have the need for a car that does faster than the speed limit?

I'm trying to understand the attempted logic behind your analogy, but it escapes me.

Regardless, some states (Texas) set a speed limit that is only a suggestion. Based on their statutes, you can legally drive over the suggested speed "limit," so your attempt wouldn't work there.

I'm trying to understand the attempted logic behind your analogy, but it escapes me.

Regardless, some states (Texas) set a speed limit that is only a suggestion. Based on their statutes, you can legally drive over the suggested speed "limit," so your attempt wouldn't work there.
Really is that why I saw people pulled over in Texas for speeding?

Anyway, the point is speed kills and is a big killer in auto accidents. Why not just put a governor on the car for 55 or 65 or whatever? you could program the new cars to only go so fast. Why do you need to go 80 in a Hyundai?

Really is that why I saw people pulled over in Texas for speeding?

I didn't say you couldn't get a ticket in Texas for speeding. I said that the speed limit is a suggestion. Texas' speed limits are presumed, not absolute. You can successfully argue a ticket by claiming that going 5 mph over the speed limit was safe based on the weather and road conditions.

You could listen to somebody who has lived in Texas three different times, Google it yourself, or continue to look like a Trump supporter.

Why do you need to go 80 in a Hyundai?

Because there are speed limits up to 85 mph in Texas.

I didn't say you couldn't get a ticket in Texas for speeding. I said that the speed limit is a suggestion. Texas' speed limits are presumed, not absolute. You can successfully argue a ticket by claiming that going 5 mph over the speed limit was safe based on the weather and road conditions.

You could listen to somebody who has lived in Texas three different times, Google it yourself, or continue to look like a Trump supporter.

Because there are speed limits up to 85 mph in Texas.

Ok, this conversation is not limited to Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT