ADVERTISEMENT

You never know

Hasn't he already changed the lineup before and it didn't work out?
Well, I guess you only get one chance to try a different combo? I think he will continue to fiddle with it. Some will say there's no way to develop any consistency that way. I trust Dan....planning on coming in for Saturdays game! Go Herd!!!!

and overall this team has been far more competitive than last year with virtually the same record. No blowout losses like TAM, Maryland, Southern Miss or UVA. Close games with Florida, ND and Northern Iowa

Now don't forget that 36 point HOME blowout loss to "mighty" Toledo, Herdmeister!! ONE of TWO losses to those powerful Rockets who, by the way, have struggled to be a .500 team as MAC play has proceeded. In reality, Toledo is just another bottom feeder in the MAC which says a lot about CUSA basketball!!!

Reactions: The Real SamC
Think about this.

Now wouldn't it be crazy if we win out in our pod and then win the C-USA tourney?

Think about this. Joe never saved, never worked extra, never invested, had no plan. But he could reduce everything he has to cash, go out to Cross Lanes, and bet everything on #17. Wouldn’t it be crazy if he hit, and had 35 times his wealth?

Yeah that could happen. It happens once here, several years ago. But a far better plan is to save, invest, and work hard; or to have a team that is qualified to play Div I year long.

There are going to be high expectations next year.

There will be?

Why?

Why would anyone, not totally in bleeds green delusion, think this bad team would do anything next year but be just what it has been this year? Just older.

There are 8 teams with a chance if they get hot, mainly because the league is good, not great, at the top.

Every “bracketology” prediction I have seen uses the same methodology to fill out the auto-bids. They just use the first place team and fill it in. Every one has UNT as a 14 seed.

Do the math. If there are 32 auto bids, and with the play in games, that means there are 6 16 seeds and 4 15 seeds, or a total of 10 leagues yet worst than this one, 3 about the same, and the rest better. No, that is not “great” but it is not “good” either. It is a seaming pile.

If we use the current USA Today, “bracketology” then we have the following leagues below CUSA: Summit, MAAC, OVC, Big West, Big Sky, SWAC (HBCU), Big South, Southland, and MEAC (HBCU).

A steaming pile.

We "should" be a top-4 CUSA team and be in the championship conversation the next two years.

Based on the level of institutional and community commitment, MU should be a top 4 to top 6 team E V E R Y year, yes. But what exactly leads one to believe that this untalented crew will be any different next year or the year after than this year? Nothing I see.

Not that I'm ok with how this season is going, but compare it to WVU.

Which was on our level not that long ago, but which DEMANDED EXCELLENCE, and looks sweet sixteen-ish, with a puncher’s chance at far more.

do you think we do a buy-in tourney to help the team get further reps and develop for next season?

Hell no.

Think about this. Joe never saved, never worked extra, never invested, had no plan. But he could reduce everything he has to cash, go out to Cross Lanes, and bet everything on #17. Wouldn’t it be crazy if he hit, and had 35 times his wealth?

Yeah that could happen. It happens once here, several years ago. But a far better plan is to save, invest, and work hard; or to have a team that is qualified to play Div I year long.

There will be?

Why?

Why would anyone, not totally in bleeds green delusion, think this bad team would do anything next year but be just what it has been this year? Just older.

Every “bracketology” prediction I have seen uses the same methodology to fill out the auto-bids. They just use the first place team and fill it in. Every one has UNT as a 14 seed.

Do the math. If there are 32 auto bids, and with the play in games, that means there are 6 16 seeds and 4 15 seeds, or a total of 10 leagues yet worst than this one, 3 about the same, and the rest better. No, that is not “great” but it is not “good” either. It is a seaming pile.

If we use the current USA Today, “bracketology” then we have the following leagues below CUSA: Summit, MAAC, OVC, Big West, Big Sky, SWAC (HBCU), Big South, Southland, and MEAC (HBCU).

A steaming pile.

Based on the level of institutional and community commitment, MU should be a top 4 to top 6 team E V E R Y year, yes. But what exactly leads one to believe that this untalented crew will be any different next year or the year after than this year? Nothing I see.

Which was on our level not that long ago, but which DEMANDED EXCELLENCE, and looks sweet sixteen-ish, with a puncher’s chance at far more.

Hell no.
Are you demanding the same excellence from Doc because with Green at QB and that schedule look out because average is coming

There will be?

Why?

A steaming pile.

Hell no.

Really? Do you want to fire the coach? Is that your answer for demanding excellence, because after the 2016 season something needed done with the football team.

Yep ...football team to a t! You nailed it !

You mean our consistently winning, bowl eligible, football team, which had yet another good year? No, I was talking about the failed basketball team, which, barring a struck by lightening set of upsets, will turn in its second lost and meaningless season in a row.

You mean our consistently winning, bowl eligible, football team, which had yet another good year? No, I was talking about the failed basketball team, which, barring a struck by lightening set of upsets, will turn in its second lost and meaningless season in a row.

You act as though being bowl eligible is a huge accomplishment. Finishing second and third in our division in the worst D1 league in the country isn’t something to boast about.

Virtually any team in Frisco will have a shot. I can't think that any team there is chomping at the bit to play Marshall

I hope your prediction is correct.
..or The HERD´ś 2019-20 season pulls the curtains down.

My biggest concern is MU´s lackluster play on the ROAD with only Victories @ Morehead St [12/19/19]; in Cleveland Cavs doubleheader with WVU against Duquesne [12/29/2019]; Rice [1/2/2020] ; MTSU [1/09]; FIU [1/30]; and UTEP [2/13] to date. Duquesne was a huge win at the time before the Dukes started their slide,

Tournament play grants you ¨new Life¨ and hopefully, The Guys can begin a win streak [CUSA]...and advance to the Big Dance or at the least a NIT bid (most likely on the road).

Time will tell....to be continued.

HerdZilla22

How about finishing in the 2nd pod of the conference in basketball?

Great point. And, while CUSA football is made up of 14 teams, all bound together for football and trying to play football at the same level; CUSA basketball, is a random mix of different levels of commitment, many schools having no real interest in the sport at all. Not being in the first “pod”, AKA not finishing at least 4th in this woeful league, is failure.

2nd meaningless season? You mean the one last year when we achieved 20 or more wins for the 3rd season in a row? That meaningless season?

Thing is, and its been my criticism of Dan, is he knew Elmore was leaving and either couldn't find anyone or nobody tried, to step up.
Given the competition, Elmore was very, very good for MU, but there are guys who can at least make the gap a little less wide with their own talent and skills.
How is it that despite having a solidly good team, they can't find consistency to win a conference in what I feel is a down year? Nobody's running with the title and everyone is beatable.
The basketball team should be better than they are.

100 % Agree....

HerdZilkla22

You mean like last year's meaningless fball team that went 8-5, which was only 5th best in cusa, got slapped by UC and UCF and lost to 2 nobodies in Charlotte and Middle?

and overall this team has been far more competitive than last year with virtually the same record. No blowout losses like TAM, Maryland, Southern Miss or UVA. Close games with Florida, ND and Northern Iowa

But, I would beg to differ
.....I thought the closes loses at ND & Florida indicated this squad was going to have a banner year, even with the humbling loss to Toledo at The Cam. They did make amends with a close 10-point loss at Toledo. Losing at home to Charleston, UNC-Concord [Charlotte] & WKU were games I predicted MU would win.

I view this squad as being meek...even with Bennett on the floor. I hoped they would adopt Dan´ś attitude when he played---he had a chip on his shoulder---and other that getting the heck out of Dodge when Bad Boy Brister [Toledo] was busting heads around the MAC.---and a certain Saturday afternoon at the Old Memorial Field House---Dan was a tough-son-of-a gun!

BTW, this is why I like the squads Huggy Bear puts on the floor for WVU. They get in your face and play jock-strap defense===just like Huggins did when he was a student athlete in Morgantown. Huggy did not back down to anyone!

This squad can not seem to finish---and I question the coaching staff with the lineups they´ve had on the floor with about 3-4 minutes remaining. The HERD let too many close games go to the opponents! POOR SHOOTING [field & charity stripe] has been the theme for about 95% of the season.

I agree CUSA is [at best] having a so-so year with not many banner wins against outside competition. I always supported that squads play up to your competition-----and go through the motions when facing teams you should defeat.

I have not been impressed with the ¨as advertised --Iran Bennett.....he is slow, has few basketball moves, looks like a state road flagman when playing defense----and a liability at the free throw line. His lack of discipline of reporting to camp about 100 lbs overweight should have sent a Red Flag what he was going to give Dan.

I do not attend practice, therefore, I can not explain why Mikel & Jannson have played few minutes in a lot of games this year. J West forces way too many shots [gunner]....and other than the first 3-4 games, Andrew Taylor played like he does not want to run the team from a point guard position.

Miladinovic, Sarenac and Tre Kinsey have been the most consistent players this season. Fortunately, CUSA tourney play in Texas can make me forget all the negatives if The Herd goes on a 4-game winning streak at The Star.

HerdZilla22

But, I would beg to differ.....I thought the closes loses at ND & Florida indicated this squad was going to have a banner year, even with the humbling loss to Toledo at The Cam. They did make amends with a close 10-point loss at Toledo. Losing at home to Charleston, UNC-Concord [Charlotte] & WKU were games I predicted MU would win.

I view this squad as being meek...even with Bennett on the floor. I hoped they would adopt Dan´ś attitude when he played---he had a chip on his shoulder---and other that getting the heck out of Dodge when Bad Boy Brister [Toledo] was busting heads around the MAC.---and a certain Saturday afternoon at the Old Memorial Field House---Dan was a tough-son-of-a gun!

BTW, this is why I like the squads Huggy Bear puts on the floor for WVU. They get in your face and play jock-strap defense===just like Huggins did when he was a student athlete in Morgantown. Huggy did not back down to anyone!

This squad can not seem to finish---and I question the coaching staff with the lineups they´ve had on the floor with about 3-4 minutes remaining. The HERD let too many close games go to the opponents! POOR SHOOTING [field & charity stripe] has been the theme for about 95% of the season.

I agree CUSA is [at best] having a so-so year with not many banner wins against outside competition. I always supported that squads play up to your competition-----and go through the motions when facing teams you should defeat.

I have not been impressed with the ¨as advertised --Iran Bennett.....he is slow, has few basketball moves, looks like a state road flagman when playing defense----and a liability at the free throw line. His lack of discipline of reporting to camp about 100 lbs overweight should have sent a Red Flag what he was going to give Dan.

I do not attend practice, therefore, I can not explain why Mikel & Jannson have played few minutes in a lot of games this year. J West forces way too many shots [gunner]....and other than the first 3-4 games, Andrew Taylor played like he does not want to run the team from a point guard position.

Miladinovic, Sarenac and Tre Kinsey have been the most consistent players this season. Fortunately, CUSA tourney play in Texas can make me forget all the negatives if The Herd goes on a 4-game winning streak at The Star.

HerdZilla22

The season has showed why the ND and Fla games were closer than expected. Fla was very overrated and ND is hot garbage, not as hot garbage as yore team, the cheats, but bad just the same.

Reactions: The Real SamC
But, I would beg to differ.....I thought the closes loses at ND & Florida indicated this squad was going to have a banner year, even with the humbling loss to Toledo at The Cam. They did make amends with a close 10-point loss at Toledo. Losing at home to Charleston, UNC-Concord [Charlotte] & WKU were games I predicted MU would win.

HerdZilla22

Is this Sam? Gary - you're way off on this one. Bennett had 5 blocks last game - doesn't seem too meek to me!!

Au contraire. You point out problems that you say exist in the basketball program when on a subconcious level you're actually masking you're disdain about some of the problems of the football program. Carry on.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT