ADVERTISEMENT

You Think Marshall Has it Bad?

Y.A.G Si Ye Nots

Platinum Buffalo
Mar 7, 2010
Home Wrecker
Buffalo, a team that is 7-1, started two different crowdfunding campaigns over the last month. The first one was for $5000 to raise money for basically a Jugs Machine to shoot footballs to receivers. Many high schools have these.

The second campaign was to raise money for a Jacob's Ladder, a cardio machine. UB claims that with the bad weather, their football players are concerned about not having anywhere to run/do cardio, like treadmills and ellipticals don't exist.

The head coach's wife was posting about it trying to get people to donate. An FBS program, one that is 7-1, having to resort to crowdfunding campaigns for equipment . . . that's embarrassing.

https://www.ubhornsup.com/project/11239

Guess they are not getting all that much $$$$ from the MAC's much ballyhooed TV deal with ESPN which condemns MAC schools to nearly a month's worth of Tues. and Weds. night games for about a month beginning in late October.

Now what Cheapskate AD won't kick in 6k for a Snap Machine. Mark Alnutt is the AD. Nothing like having the HC wife start a crowdfunding campaign to supplement your financial inadequacy (shortcomings). UB should fire Mr Alnutt and hire her.

Most MAC schools are heavily subsidized.

I am not gonna make fun of their TV deal. At least they get actual TV exposure, even if it is during the week.

Never heard any cooler talk about watching that CUSA game on Facebook.

Now what Cheapskate AD won't kick in 6k for a Snap Machine. Mark Alnutt is the AD. Nothing like having the HC wife start a crowdfunding campaign to supplement your financial inadequacy (shortcomings). UB should fire Mr Alnutt and hire her.

Some of the time when programs do this, it is to shame and embarrass the AD or boosters into getting more money for the team. Skip Holtz did it right before the start of this season. LA Tech was the only program not to have money for the tenth full-time coach. When Holtz mentioned it to the media right before the beginning of the season, suddenly money appeared to make the tenth hire.

This one doesn't appear to be that, which I don't understand. At some point, a head coach making $400,000+ needs to understand that the embarrassment and black eye of having to do this hurts his recruiting, brand, and program more than paying $5000 yourself or reaching out to a couple of boosters for it yourself. In Lance Leipold's case, he doesn't have much experience with boosters. UB has two very big boosters for their program, one of whom was not happy prior to this season, so maybe they have tapped out of helping.

A large state university in NY cant find 10 boosters to donate $500 each? Sounds to me more like the athletic fundraisers there need to be replaced. Hell, thats $125/quarter for 1 year....

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Shame.png

Didn't I see some people talking about the exposure we would get when playing on Friday night? I guess it is OK for Marshall to not play on Saturday but embarrassing for others.

I could have bad information but I think our program is about 48% subsidized. We might think we live on the second story of the glass house, but we still shouldn't throw stones.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT