ADVERTISEMENT

Zolich can't beat a Sunbelt team but he can beat us

I really think we need to quit worrying about it. We beat them 7-1 while in the MAC, the past 7 years they have the edge 4-3. Solich is on his way out and still has yet to win a MAC title By the time we renew the rivalry we should have forgotten how to give away the BELL to these guys. Not putting them down all I am saying is we have beat ourselves against them in 2 of the 4 losses. One they pounded us and this year they caught us at the right time. I think we beat them if we played after Chase took over or if Chase had played that game.

I think we would have our hands full with Appy. Just my opinion.

We are honestly just a Sun Belt version 2.0 team as well. I don't know why people think we are vastly superior to an 11 win Appy St team.

We are 1 and 4 against WKU and Midd Tenn lately. The record for Ohio speaks for itself as well.

We were a good team last year. Legit top 25. This year we weren't even close to top 25. More like a #50 team.

we are a G5 superbowl game for Ohio and teams like W Ky and it isn't that easy to get fired up for them. Did W Ky bring anyone else's flag into the stadium and stomp it? Um no. Ohio had its largest attendance vs Marshall, Birdsong was injured, as was Devon. Those teams "made" their seasons by beating Marshall. We made ours by beating Purdue. Still we improved as the season came along and the injuries mounted, and are better prepared for 2016 due to all the calamity.

Time to grasp the truth folks, we are the Notre Dame of G5 schools, we get every teams best shot becuase....We are Marshall!

Dont believe me? There's another school thats D1 that does everything it can NOT to step foot on Marshall's campus that plays in a Texas centered conference, and remember Texas based schools are 0 for whatever the number is now in our stadium.

We were a good team last year. Legit top 25. This year we weren't even close to top 25. More like a #50 team.

we played 4 teams with a winning record. we lost 3 of those games...

rankings of those teams:
Ohio #94 (loss 21-10)
USM #73 (win 31-10)
MTSU #88 (loss 27-24)
WKU #38 (loss 49-28)

we are nowhere close to a top 50 team......

here is the top 31-50. who do we beat?

RATING W L T
31 Northwestern A = 79.02 10 2 0
32 Navy A = 78.80 10 2 0
33 Pittsburgh A = 78.42 8 4 0
34 California A = 78.33 7 5 0
35 Louisville A = 77.84 7 5 0
36 Auburn A = 77.71 6 6 0
37 Texas Tech A = 77.35 7 5 0
38 Western Kentucky A = 77.19 11 2 0
39 BYU A = 77.09 9 4 0
40 Arizona State A = 77.06 6 6 0
41 Bowling Green A = 77.06 10 3 0
42 Memphis A = 76.71 9 3 0
43 Miami-Florida A = 76.58 8 4 0
44 Toledo A = 76.56 9 2 0
45 Virginia Tech A = 76.26 6 6 0
46 Temple A = 76.18 10 3 0
47 NC State A = 75.47 7 5 0
48 Penn State A = 75.37 7 5 0
49 Washington State A = 75.31 8 4 0
50 Nebraska A = 75.06 5 7 0

69 Marshall A = 69.00 9 3 0

Reactions: 31Herd55
we are a G5 superbowl game for Ohio and teams like W Ky and it isn't that easy to get fired up for them. Did W Ky bring anyone else's flag into the stadium and stomp it? Um no. Ohio had its largest attendance vs Marshall, Birdsong was injured, as was Devon. Those teams "made" their seasons by beating Marshall. We made ours by beating Purdue. Still we improved as the season came along and the injuries mounted, and are better prepared for 2016 due to all the calamity.

Time to grasp the truth folks, we are the Notre Dame of G5 schools, we get every teams best shot becuase....We are Marshall!

Dont believe me? There's another school thats D1 that does everything it can NOT to step foot on Marshall's campus that plays in a Texas centered conference, and remember Texas based schools are 0 for whatever the number is now in our stadium.

Ok, yehhh whatever.

Be realistic and stop listening to the sunshine pump in Huntington. We just finished third in our division.

"we are the Notre Dame of G5 schools" Wow.

I support what TheGreenHouse labeled Marshall well....The ND of G5 Schools. We have a National Brand Name because of our yearly football success since the early 1990's... and the movie helped introduced us to America. Opposing schools that dot our football schedules circle MARSHALL. America loves The HERD and thinks we have a GREAT nickname===The Thundering HERD. Folks, we are not going to win them all. I believe if Johnson had been healthy.....The HERD goes undefeated in 2015. Our future looks great with two quality QBs (Chase & Birdsong); strong, talented linemen on both sides of the ball, a stable of running backs, an ok kicking game and some promising receivers. UConn is getting ready for "a can of whup-a$$" in a few days"...and then The HERD gets ready [going forward] to return THE Championship FLAG to Huntington next season. Anyone up to bet a case of adult beverage against my C-USA 2016 prediction?

While, I'm on a roll....(I don't post much anymore).....Our Young BASKETBALL Team is gaining steam...and the program is in sound hands. The "Bringing Back of HERD Basketball" looks better & better. You can get healthy in basketball real quickly with a few game changers and I think our talented coaching staff is very close to bringing in some student-athletes that will make Marshall a dominant G5 team. I predict Marshall with be acclaimed in the same sentences as Butler, Wichita State, Iowa State, Gonzaga, Utah, SMU, Boise State, Northern Iowa, Rhode Island, Dayton, BYU, San Diego State, Xavier, Valparaiso, Davidson, Tulsa, Old Dominion, VCU, Belmont, Illinois State, Richmond.........NAMES most folks don't equate with Top 25 programs.

It takes some time---practice patience-----------Herd fans!

Merry CHRISTmas to all & here's wishing for a healthy 2016 to our great Country!

HerdZilla22 (Gary Sweeney) in Charlotte..

Last edited:
Reactions: Herd In the Plains
Other than for USM, we were just another cupcake on the schedule of teams with a pulse.

And, yes... There are other C-USA teams that recruit as well as The Herd does.

Greenhouse I have posted some pretty dumb things on here but to say we are the Notre Dame of the G5s? WOW! I wish we were.

we played 4 teams with a winning record. we lost 3 of those games...

rankings of those teams:
Ohio #94 (loss 21-10)
USM #73 (win 31-10)
MTSU #88 (loss 27-24)
WKU #38 (loss 49-28)

we are nowhere close to a top 50 team......
While I would agree that we are not a top 25 team we are definitely a top 40 team. Sagrin is only ONE MEASURE of how good a team is.For the life of me I don't understand why you refer to it as the sacred scriptures

While I would agree that we are not a top 25 team we are definitely a top 40 team. Sagrin is only ONE MEASURE of how good a team is.For the life of me I don't understand why you refer to it as the sacred scriptures

Well, by that reasoning then we should be able to beat many of the teams ahead of us on that list. Which ones?

Well, by that reasoning then we should be able to beat many of the teams ahead of us on that list. Which ones?
based on your reasoning we would barely be a top 25 team in division 2 I am sure.

Ok. A top 40 team. You're basically saying Marshall is better than a good chunk of power 5 schools. Cool. Just curious, who are the 20 just ahead and the 20 just behind Marshall? I don't even care how you judge it. This year, last year, all time, facilities, name recognition etc.

Last edited:
I am positive I will not convince you we are a good football team so I don't think I will waste my time. So how do you determine we suck so bad? Is it because we were 9-3 this season.Is it because we have won 32 games over the past 3 seasons? Is it because Vanderbilt, Wake Forest and Maryland and Purdue are all so awesome every season we have no chance of ever beating any of them? How do you prove something is beautiful? Can you demonstrate to me by logic or reason or by intellect that the Fifth Symphony or the Moonlight Sonata was sheer beauty? Can you prove by any method that the sunset the other day was beautiful? We have a thing called the eye test in sports. We also call this the AP and the Coaches Polls. I think that we beat U. Conn and end up 10-3 we will be considered one of the top 40 teams in the nation for the 3rd year in a row.

I think we would have our hands full with Appy. Just my opinion.

We are honestly just a Sun Belt version 2.0 team as well. I don't know why people think we are vastly superior to an 11 win Appy St team.

We are 1 and 4 against WKU and Midd Tenn lately. The record for Ohio speaks for itself as well.
Thanks for those original statements negative nancy. It continues to amaze me how people who call themselves fans continue day after day to repeat the same old negative stuff about the program Sorry lives to be so negative.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohio herd
Maybe right, sctolz26, they fear us, both home and away ... Fear The Cupcake

I don't think Herdman is so negative as he is realistic in his evaluation of The Herd for their 2015 performance.

Similar to Andy pointing out the top 50 doesn't have anyone we could have beaten this season...we lost to teams rated 88 and 94, for crying out loud.

Reactions: Marine03
We are the Notre Dame of G5 schools, every team is up to play us, and much like Notre Dame we get every G5s best game.

There, let me say that again.
It's hilarious crap like this that makes people not take you seriously.....damn son you gottan get out of Huntington periodically..

Last edited:
I don't think Herdman is so negative as he is realistic in his evaluation of The Herd for their 2015 performance.

Similar to Andy pointing out the top 50 doesn't have anyone we could have beaten this season...we lost to teams rated 88 and 94, for crying out loud.
live in a cave with no outside communication to not know that we have a weak schedule and CUSA is not a stronger conference at this time. Why do some who claim to be fans think they have to always point it out. I thought a fan supported the team. I didn't think a fan was one who dwelled on a team's negatives.

it's easy to say we are a "top 40 team" without providing a SINGLE tangible bit of evidence...

we played ONE TEAM ranked barley (#38) in the top 40. they beat us like a drum (49-28). pray tell what other team(s) in that 40 would we replace?

and feel free to use whatever ranking system you want... maybe you can find one that ranks Ohio and MTSU in the top 20 providing some stability to your claim that we are "definitely top 40"...

If you guys don't think OHIO and WKU circle pur matchup you are crazy. We are one of the only teams in the G5 with a national brand. We have one of the top 3 records in all of college football since 2013.

Also we need to quit looking at OHIO like they are the same OHIO we punished while we were in the MAC.

Like and earlier posters said, did you see WKU running onto the field with anyone else's flag? Nope. Just ours.

We are one of the very few premier G5 programs.

We didn't get our fair-share of the "any given Saturdays" this season...think Ohio, MTSU, and WKU.

The delusion is running strong in this thread. Let's hope we can beat a crappy 6-6 AAC team this weekend. If not, I am sure the excuses will rain down in a 4 page thread.

Should we win, hell yes! Will we? We'll see.

You guys are either way too much optimistic or way too pessimistic and I can't keep up..

Don't say we're the ND of the G5 though because I ****ing hate them.. Plus, that means we're in a perpetual state of being vastly overrated..

obviously MANY of you missed the story about our flag and the WKU game.

some of our players (possibly fans as i don't think it was confirmed) replaced the flag at our hotel before the game with an MU flag. a couple of girls (WKU fans) shot a cell phone video after it was replaced. they were laughing and said something along the lines of "this isn't cool". this video was uploaded on twitter (i can't find it now). in the comments another WKU person stated it was a couple MU football players that did it, and the hotel staff thought it was funny.

WKU players get the flag and bring it onto the field before kickoff....

as usual with our fans get completely bent out of shape if we play a team that has a pulse and doesn't bow down before us. if any other school out there even remotely acts like our guys do 99% of the time (cocky) they (and their fanbase) are the anti-christ trying to resurrect Hitler.................

obviously MANY of you missed the story about our flag and the WKU game.

some of our players (possibly fans as i don't think it was confirmed) replaced the flag at our hotel before the game with an MU flag. a couple of girls (WKU fans) shot a cell phone video after it was replaced. they were laughing and said something along the lines of "this isn't cool". this video was uploaded on twitter (i can't find it now). in the comments another WKU person stated it was a couple MU football players that did it, and the hotel staff thought it was funny.

WKU players get the flag and bring it onto the field before kickoff....

as usual with our fans get completely bent out of shape if we play a team that has a pulse and doesn't bow down before us. if any other school out there even remotely acts like our guys do 99% of the time (cocky) they (and their fanbase) are the anti-christ trying to resurrect Hitler.................
So you come on here and tell a story that has disappeared and we are supposed to believe it. When two more fans back it up I will buy in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT