ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Stadium

goherdorgohome2

Silver Buffalo
May 1, 2016
Last edited:
1500x500
In related news, this seems to be the most recent rendering.

Just my opinion, but I really don't think anything is going to come of this in the end.

Again, doesn't seem ethical but not illegal either.
I agree 💯. Most likely due diligence to say they tried in event it becomes an issue next election. One would assume with that amount of money the legality was checked off prior to the transaction.

Out of curiosity I looked into who made up the WV Senate Finance Committee.
16 members
15 - Republicans (S.O.P. I assume with a R-Gov
6-attended WVU
2- attended MU and 1 MU Med School

I agree 💯. Most likely due diligence to say they tried in event it becomes an issue next election. One would assume with that amount of money the legality was checked off prior to the transaction.

Out of curiosity I looked into who made up the WV Senate Finance Committee.
16 members
15 - Republicans (S.O.P. I assume with a R-Gov
6-attended WVU
2- attended MU and 1 MU Med School
Agreed. They noted in the article referenced that a global accounting firm and local law firm stamped their approval on it.

If anything comes of this I could see it being the Senate pushing legislation that requires their approval of any funds the governor wants to spend that exceed a certain amount.

Agreed. They noted in the article referenced that a global accounting firm and local law firm stamped their approval on it.

If anything comes of this I could see it being the Senate pushing legislation that requires their approval of any funds the governor wants to spend that exceed a certain amount.

It is just a bunch of politicians throwing a fit because another politican spent money on a pet project and they didn't get a cut for their pet projects. Agree that if this were done for wvu there wouldn't be a peep about it. I hope every Marshall supporter in Putnam Country remembers this tantrum when Eric Tarr comes up for re-election.

Just my opinion, but I really don't think anything is going to come of this in the end.

Again, doesn't seem ethical but not illegal either.
wvu talking about ethics when their treatment of their own people in WV, is so laughable, it qualifies as clown makeup status.
I doubt anything comes of this. Even an investigation will turn up, " Well...it's not something we would suggest to do, but in the underlying element of legality? Nothing illegal happened here."
Idiots like Tarr will go back to his hole and pout about erasing all doubt of his idiocy.

wvu talking about ethics when their treatment of their own people in WV, is so laughable, it qualifies as clown makeup status.
I doubt anything comes of this. Even an investigation will turn up, " Well...it's not something we would suggest to do, but in the underlying element of legality? Nothing illegal happened here."
Idiots like Tarr will go back to his hole and pout about erasing all doubt of his idiocy.
I agree.

Another article was posted last night, and they noted that the Ethics Committee was in attendance for the hearing and said nothing and have not filed a formal complaint against the Governor.

I hate WVU as much as anybody. If we could go back in time and insure WV had a proper well funded university that serves its state, like other states have, this state wouldn't be last in everything. One of the main reasons WV is poor is the huge waste of money that we spend on WVU, and thus the shortage of money to spend on Marshall, which does its best to do the job that WVU forsook.

That said, this has nothing to do with WVU. If you remember the election last year, there was this Amendment 2, which was the legislature's idea. It gets complicated, but more or less it cut taxes on inventory on hand, which is something that almost no other state taxes at all. Big Jim was against it and campaigned hard and it was soundly defeated. The legislature now has a big case of the butt hurt and is doing all sorts of things to embarass and harass the governor. The spending was legal, and nothing will come of it.

BTW, the WVU baseball stadium excavation was illegally done with WV DOH gas tax money and the construction was funded with 100% state sales tax dollars. Your Spamite friends will yell and scream about how it is "sell-sufficient", but this, like most things associated with WVU, is simply a lie.

I hate WVU as much as anybody. If we could go back in time and insure WV had a proper well funded university that serves its state, like other states have, this state wouldn't be last in everything. One of the main reasons WV is poor is the huge waste of money that we spend on WVU, and thus the shortage of money to spend on Marshall, which does its best to do the job that WVU forsook.

That said, this has nothing to do with WVU. If you remember the election last year, there was this Amendment 2, which was the legislature's idea. It gets complicated, but more or less it cut taxes on inventory on hand, which is something that almost no other state taxes at all. Big Jim was against it and campaigned hard and it was soundly defeated. The legislature now has a big case of the butt hurt and is doing all sorts of things to embarass and harass the governor. The spending was legal, and nothing will come of it.

BTW, the WVU baseball stadium excavation was illegally done with WV DOH gas tax money and the construction was funded with 100% state sales tax dollars. Your Spamite friends will yell and scream about how it is "sell-sufficient", but this, like most things associated with WVU, is simply a lie.
Excellent summation

Reactions: Elkview
Wonder if the field will be all turf. Seems logical considering the spring weather we have and cutting down on maintenance costs. jmho

Reactions: Sunshine2269
It resembles Sonny-Brooks stadium. They have a capacity of 15,000. I believe this counts for seating in the grass as well. Although, I cannot confirm an official capacity. I would approximate between 5-8 thousand.

• Love
Reactions: GeauxHerd
I will be excited to see a full house on their first opener. I hope they advertise the crap out of it. I also hope its vs. Southern Miss. Lets get this thing started with the best of the best opponents.

It resembles Sonny-Brooks stadium. They have a capacity of 15,000. I believe this counts for seating in the grass as well. Although, I cannot confirm an official capacity. I would approximate between 5-8 thousand.
With it more then doubling WVU and it also Doubling Mr Tarrs beloved KY wildcats baseball stadium it’s easy to see the rub with MU having a fresh park for 5000k plus

Reactions: Elkview
That's a lot haha. So, is it safe to assume that the actual stadium might look a little bigger/more complex than the rendering I posted?

Yeah, it'll be pretty big. Renderings do a bad job of actual scale. If you google earth the site, you can see the train tracks pretty well outline the outfield. Depending on how they do chairbacks/bleachers will affect capacity.

Would Herd fans be more inclined for less capacity and more chairbacks? or less chairbacks for more capacity. Thoughts?

I say more chairbacks. Overflow the rest to sit in the grass.

Dollar Dogs and $1 Beers will be a nice Huntington addition. One night a week.

Geezer, your comment, like always makes me sigh. Florida is calling.

Just heard that MU baseball will be playing in one the largest college tournaments next year (2024) down in Florida. Usually around 40 teams. They use multiple MLB spring practice stadiums and some smaller fields. Great get by Spears and the new HC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT