ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Stadium

Wonder if the field will be all turf. Seems logical considering the spring weather we have and cutting down on maintenance costs. jmho
Agree...this is where baseball fields & football stadiums are going in the Carolinas. Upfront is expensive, however, you $ave $$$ over time by not mowing, feeding, or lining the fields.

I wonder if Marshall will put in a 25-second clock (see MLB) to speed up the game....

I got the final architectural drawings for the field today. Pretty late tbh. Many things have been decided finally that give the look of the stadium.. I'm really pleased with the design. Things that stood out to me. Outfield wall is padded with a 4' fence vinyl coated on top of that. I like that. Suite rails will be stainless steel cable. The dugout fencing is cool. How the ramps and fencing that wraps around the complex (black vinyl coat). How the Softball complex merges with the baseball.. I'll try to post a couple pics that I think are noteworthy for you all. I wasn't sure how the tickets would be sold.. That is answered. But after scouring over the structural drawings I still have no answer on turf/grass or both. Anyways.. pics soon. Go Herd.

I got the final architectural drawings for the field today. Pretty late tbh. Many things have been decided finally that give the look of the stadium.. I'm really pleased with the design. Things that stood out to me. Outfield wall is padded with a 4' fence vinyl coated on top of that. I like that. Suite rails will be stainless steel cable. The dugout fencing is cool. How the ramps and fencing that wraps around the complex (black vinyl coat). How the Softball complex merges with the baseball.. I'll try to post a couple pics that I think are noteworthy for you all. I wasn't sure how the tickets would be sold.. That is answered. But after scouring over the structural drawings I still have no answer on turf/grass or both. Anyways.. pics soon. Go Herd.
Thanks. I do hope it's turf. Better look and lower maintenance costs. jmho.

Awesome, look forward to seeing what you post!

Still hoping for some protection on those grassy knolls… many kids will be playing not paying any attention at those line drive foul balls.

"There must have been a second spitter." - Seinfeld reference.
nyp-hth001-2girls1guy.jpg

Red Brick dust looks awesome. My son was a catcher for a number of years and washing it out of his unis was difficult but still the look you want.

Reactions: goherdorgohome2
I like the way the wall bumps in down the left field line, kind of make a unique corner for some cray bounces.

New seating chart has it listed as 2192 seats. Doesn't count standing room on the grassy knolls. Unfortunately, I believe it will be the brown AstroTurf. The landscape plan shows fescue grass all around the perimeter of the stadium. Has the entire field marked as turf. If it had dirt, I would be able to see the cut-throughs of how they would want that. For what its worth, its called RootZone 3D3 Blend. Same outfit installed Appy St's baseball turf.

-AstroTurf previous works-

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
New seating chart has it listed as 2192 seats. Doesn't count standing room on the grassy knolls. Unfortunately, I believe it will be the brown AstroTurf. The landscape plan shows fescue grass all around the perimeter of the stadium. Has the entire field marked as turf. If it had dirt, I would be able to see the cut-throughs of how they would want that. For what its worth, its called RootZone 3D3 Blend. Same outfit installed Appy St's baseball turf.

-AstroTurf previous works-
I can see why it's all turf. Would nice to have dirt paths and mound, but turf obviously cuts down on maintenance and allows more games to be played in bad weather.

Artificial turf is fine but real dirt should be a must.. having dirt stains and strawberries is kinda part of baseball…… guess the kids will have to settle for 2nd carpet burns..

• Haha
Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
The last time I attended a Marshall baseball game it was at St Cloud’s. The field was water. Anything we get will be an improvement.
I’ve stated before I’m ok with the AstroTurf but still should have dirt.. but yes, just having a stadium on/near campus is an improvement.

St Clouds was a great place to catch a game, but maintenance/funding was lacking, got a few autographed Cubs bats to remember that place by

Is March 2024 still a realistic goal or is it overly too optimistic/aggressive? If there's any delays in the stadium, is there a chance the locker room building/complex may be finished on time (or maybe even earlier) for the team to start using during the winter workouts or early spring practices?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT