ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Stadium

It resembles Sonny-Brooks stadium. They have a capacity of 15,000. I believe this counts for seating in the grass as well. Although, I cannot confirm an official capacity. I would approximate between 5-8 thousand.
I think you’re mixing up the football stadium name with the baseball stadium name. And there is no way in hell that their baseball stadium, berms or not, fits anywhere near 15k.

I’d say half of that at the very most. 15k is a large stadium.

And there is no way in hell that their baseball stadium, berms or not, fits anywhere near 15k.

I’d say half of that at the very most. 15k is a large stadium.

Hmmm... Please read the very post you quoted.

They have a capacity of 15,000. I believe this counts for seating in the grass as well. Although, I cannot confirm an official capacity. I would approximate between 5-8 thousand.

15,000 x 1/2 = 7,500

First logic, then grammar, then statistics, now basic math...

Man you really are dumb aren't you???

Yeah, I made a mistake. Its Spring Brooks Stadium. Capacity is 5,400. I don't even know what I was thinking with a 15,000# Yeesh. - Apologies, it was a long work day yesterday. I also change approximation to 5k at max. Our seating resembles this. Herd won last night. Y'all have a good Friday.
image_handler.aspx

Hmmm... Please read the very post you quoted.

15,000 x 1/2 = 7,500

First logic, then grammar, then statistics, now basic math...

Man you really are dumb aren't you???

Do need me to explain where you screwed up or can you read the messages after yours which dumb it down for you?

Alumni was saying that the overall capacity was about 15k including the grass. He/she then went on to use another number (5k - 8k) to either represent the official capacity or the additional green area.

I pointed out that there was no way their entire capacity, including the berms, could come anywhere near 15k. I said it was about half of that at most. Alumni's claim was that the capacity, including berms, was around 15k. He has since revised his statement.

So your attempt at correcting anything I did incorrectly, like usual, was a failure.

Do need me to explain where you screwed up or can you read the messages after yours which dumb it down for you?

Alumni was saying that the overall capacity was about 15k including the grass. He/she then went on to use another number (5k - 8k) to either represent the official capacity or the additional green area.

I pointed out that there was no way their entire capacity, including the berms, could come anywhere near 15k. I said it was about half of that at most. Alumni's claim was that the capacity, including berms, was around 15k. He has since revised his statement.

So your attempt at correcting anything I did incorrectly, like usual, was a failure.

They have a capacity of 15,000. I believe this counts for seating in the grass as well. Although, I cannot confirm an official capacity. I would approximate between 5-8 thousand.

Since you like to do two things - splitting hairs and name-calling, maybe you should have better defined what official capacity is.

So let's look at the official capacity of another stadium that also has grass seating.

Let's see what they say about seating capacity...

"The stadium's seating capacity currently stands at 7,499 which includes 5,300 chair back seats, 16 luxury suites and 2 grass berm and picnic areas, though the stadium was constructed to meet Class AA standards with room for expansion beyond. In March of 2017, the stadium was renamed First National Bank Field."

I know you struggle with basic math so let me break it down for you.

Capacity 7,499 less 5,300 chair backs = 2,199 in the 16 luxury suites AND the 2 grass berm and picnic areas.

Since most people with any sense (excluding you) understand official capacity to be just what it is, Alumni approximated it to be 5 - 8 thousand. You took issue with that (surprise) and estimated it to be 7,500.

Seven acres on a river can accommodate more than 8,375 people, but events are limited to that number.

Size of grounds: 7 acres
Event capacity: 8,375
Fixed seating: 1,375
Restrooms: Can accommodate attendance of 4,000

It's really not that hard. It's just funny to see you get so worked up about it.

It's really not that hard. It's just funny to see you get so worked up about it.
I'm the one getting worked up? What I said was entirely correct. It's another case of you trying too hard to find a mistake from me by chasing me around all of the boards. Here, let me dumb it down for you to explain why your entire analysis was unfounded and illogical:
Yeah, I made a mistake. Its Spring Brooks Stadium. Capacity is 5,400. I don't even know what I was thinking with a 15,000# Yeesh. - Apologies, it was a long work day yesterday. I also change approximation to 5k at max. Our seating resembles this. Herd won last night. Y'all have a good Friday.
The guy was an adult and admitted that his claim was inaccurate. In other words, what I pointed out was accurate. That should have been enough for you to realize you were picking the wrong fight, but your obsession with me leads you to acting like a fool.

Be more like Alumni who has brought value to this board.

@KellyGreenAlumni

When looking at the Live Construction Video of the stadium, you can see it starting to take shape as a whole it seems.

There seems to be a ton of empty space on the lot behind LF and CF. Do you have any idea why there's so much excess space and what that might be turned into? Just one giant parking lot?

Does anyone have any idea if MU plans on using or allowing the field to be used for State Tournaments, Travel tournaments, etc...??? With Minor League baseball a much harder prospect now I'm wondering what other programs they may use it for.

Also, does anyone have a link to donate directly to the baseball program?

Left field will be home to the Men's Team lockers, Coaches lockers, and Hitting facility. it resembles a metal style building, fairly big. Like 80'x160'. Also a parking lot for team parking. Center shows a big ole scoreboard and camera area.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
So it looks like new video boards this spring. Is the endzone project going to be done in phases because it says 2027 for completion. Any idea where we are installing the sand volleyball courts?

So it looks like new video boards this spring. Is the endzone project going to be done in phases because it says 2027 for completion. Any idea where we are installing the sand volleyball courts?
My guess would be where the current tennis courts are. The building of an indoor tennis facility will leave those not needed IMO.

My guess would be where the current tennis courts are. The building of an indoor tennis facility will leave those not needed IMO.
Wonder where the indoor tennis facility will be? I didn't see a location mentioned or shown.

I suspect they are going to renovate the tennis courts by the mall as there is only $500,000 allocated. The photo looks like just an updated version of the mall courts. Shame that Marshall (or Huntington for that matter) doesn't have a decent indoor tennis facility anymore.

Anyone wanting the latest update on the baseball facility project, including some pics, and other info, including some renderings of projects like new scoreboards, in the softball facility, the baseball facility and in the JOAN, need to check out the taped coverage of AD Spears' talk and presentation to the MU BOG yesterday which was shown on WSAZ-TV, channel 3, in Huntington on Wednesday's evening telecast!!

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I suspect they are going to renovate the tennis courts by the mall as there is only $500,000 allocated. The photo looks like just an updated version of the mall courts. Shame that Marshall (or Huntington for that matter) doesn't have a decent indoor tennis facility anymore.
The tennis courts by the mall are in too bad of shape to put a dime into them. The plan is to build a facility in Barboursville that will rival Charleston for tournaments. Barboursville has agreed to apply a tax to help fund the project at the park. Not exactly sure though when they will break ground.

I could be wrong but I very much doubt we go without an outdoor tennis facility. Not being able to play outside would be a major negative for the program and a competitive disadvantage. Would be very surprised if Mercer would sign off on something like that.

The tennis courts by the mall are in too bad of shape to put a dime into them. The plan is to build a facility in Barboursville that will rival Charleston for tournaments. Barboursville has agreed to apply a tax to help fund the project at the park. Not exactly sure though when they will break ground.
For $500,000?

Does anyone know if the home and visiting locker rooms depicted in page 6 of the committee agenda (the 2 structures behind right field and left field) is part of the approved $20m budget for the current baseball field construction or is this a new ask? Trying to figure out if the new locker rooms are definitely going to be there by spring 2024 or it's just part of the wishlist that is still looking for funding.

Does anyone know if the home and visiting locker rooms depicted in page 6 of the committee agenda (the 2 structures behind right field and left field) is part of the approved $20m budget for the current baseball field construction or is this a new ask? Trying to figure out if the new locker rooms are definitely going to be there by spring 2024 or it's just part of the wishlist that is still looking for funding.
From my understanding they're on the wishlist, but already funded. I believe those structures were voted on and approved a couple months ago in the BOG meeting.

From my understanding they're on the wishlist, but already funded. I believe those structures were voted on and approved a couple months ago in the BOG meeting.
So the baseball team is going to have a locker room back behind the dug out with bathrooms etc (like most minor league and pros have) or they will and those will just kind of be a game day locker room and their main ones will be in the big hitting complex etc

Reactions: Jbabbington
So the baseball team is going to have a locker room back behind the dug out with bathrooms etc (like most minor league and pros have) or they will and those will just kind of be a game day locker room and their main ones will be in the big hitting complex etc
I believe so, @KellyGreenAlumni might have a more sound opinion.

A question I have with no answer. . . Will our surface be Grass and Dirt, or Turf and Turf. It's not accurately represented in any of my drawings. We likely don't have the $ for a grounds crew. So I would expect that ugly brown turf. LOL PLEASE NO!

Given the price tag of the park, I would hope that includes everything we need for it and there aren’t going be additional large expenditures in the future.

With our weather in spring, I would hope it would be turf /dirt as shown in the rendering. Or at worst, all turf with dirt around the bases. jmo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT