ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 "exploring" adding up to 4 teams... (here we go again)

In this order:

1. Houston
2. BYU
3. Cincy
4. Memphis

IMO, it is a coin flip as to whether two or four get in...but I see two for now.

I seriously see this as a sign that P5 is about to become P4. None of those schools belong in P5, and are only being invited because G5 has been poached dry at this point. The Big XII is making a gambit to save itself because they know overtures are being made toward OK and TX, and if those two slices leave, the whole jenga tower will crumble. I don't know that adding any of these four teams changes that.

WVU to the ACC by 2020.

I seriously see this as a sign that P5 is about to become P4. None of those schools belong in P5, and are only being invited because G5 has been poached dry at this point. The Big XII is making a gambit to save itself because they know overtures are being made toward OK and TX, and if those two slices leave, the whole jenga tower will crumble. I don't know that adding any of these four teams changes that.

WVU to the ACC by 2020.
This my theory also!

Reactions: herdalicious

WVU to the ACC by 2020.

Just don't see WVU getting into ACC while loose cannon Gee, and guys like Hungoveragain and Thuggybear are still in their current positions in Morganhole!!

Just don't see WVU getting into ACC while loose cannon Gee, and guys like Hungoveragain and Thuggybear are still in their current positions in Morganhole!!
I agree. The only way wvu ever gets into the ACC is if all of the other big dog p5 "force " them to take them. There is no way schools like UNC/ UVA want a buch of drunk hilljacks coming to Chapel Hill and Charlottesville.

Reactions: cottrell75
Ten years ago I laughed at the notion of wv in the ACC. But after the inclusion of the likes of VT and even worse Louisville I say anything can happen.

WVU doesn't belong in the uppity ACC (the ACC folks look down on all of WV, of course). I'd love to see WVU in the SEC.

The same reasons that caused WVU to be rejected by the ACC, SEC, and Big 10 in the last realignment, which are:

- TINY (and shrinking) TV market
- Academics
- Rednecked hilljack delusional non-alumni fans/drunken New Jersite students
- Small fanbase
- Inability to compete in either football or basketball

still apply.

WVU's only hope is that ESPN / Fox force the ACC (nobody forces the SEC to do anything, WVU in the Big 10 is laughable) to take it to prevent it from being a "fly in the ointment" by going 12-0 in the AAC in a year nobody goes 12-0 in the Power 4. That could happen, but I don't think anybody in Bristol, CT is really losing sleep worrying about WVU's future.

Fact is the ACC has all the programs and all the markets it needs, and WVU would be, in its best a mid-pack field filler. The original ACC teams, who still run that league, just do not want to put up with WVU's bagage. And before anybody says Virginia Tech, there are light years between being a country ag-tech centered school with fans who are country and ag-tech blue collar, and what WVU fans are.

Last edited:
BYU is too clannish and there ain't that many Mormons. Remember that "deer in the headlights look" when we whipped them in the Motor City Bowl? They were not friendly and wouldn't speak to anyone.

I DO wish the Big-12 would get it over with, or not be a distraction until football season is over.

I agree Tim. That was a big time win in the motor city bowl.. They got a dose of the Herd Ons in a big way on a huge national stage.

Pittsburgh%2Bvs%2BWest%2BVirginia.jpg

Get em Andy! I know you're a grumpy mute but I love it when you cut them Mounties deep! Do you have any pictures from WVU Marshall?

Other than fighting over funding, MU and WVU aren't rivals. Maybe in Herd fans' eyes, but it's just not there. I lived in Morgantown for 30 years,

Go home, grab your meth pipe , beat an expectant mother and reach eerbilly self actualization.
- Abraham Maslow

The above quote was taken from Maslow's 22nd edition of his latest Psychology 101 text book. Amazing isn't it herd fans , he thinks so little of eerbillys too?

My question for the 1000th time. Eerbilly idiots , why, if your refuse to play, if your AD insults us, if your fans threaten us, do you live on our boards if you aren't man enough to line up and play home and home?

Here's is the real problem you face. Soon, we won't extend an offer to play you, as will many other schools.

Your seen as idiots by the entire USA, sadly we will have to distance ourselves from WV as a state due to you.

My question for the 1000th time. Eerbilly idiots , why, if your refuse to play, if your AD insults us, if your fans threaten us, do you live on our boards if you aren't man enough to line up and play home and home?

Here's is the real problem you face. Soon, we won't extend an offer to play you, as will many other schools.

Your seen as idiots by the entire USA, sadly we will have to distance ourselves from WV as a state due to you.

At the risk of another one of your meltdowns I'll respond.

I follow Herd sports, albeit from a distance, because I graduated from Marshall. Twice actually, which is two more degrees than you have given the level of intelligence you consistently show on here.

Despite your ideas shown in your post I do not have the power to schedule games between WVU and Marshall. Do I want them to play? Honestly, no due to nonsense both sides showed and experienced during the last seven game series (and since).

Here's my question to you - why do you think there should be a home-and-home series between the two schools? Don't give generic answers - I want to hear reasons behind your response.

As far as your prediction (wish?) that WVU won't be able to schedule future non-conference opponents I wouldn't count on that either.

Quit the best IAF in the country and Notre Dame of G5s nonsense and you'll probably see a lot less WVU fans on here. Rarely do you see WVU fans responding to sensible posts from Herd fans on here. They're responding to the outlandish crap.

Reactions: rocket766

I follow Herd sports, albeit from a distance, because I graduated from Marshall. Twice actually, which is two more degrees than you have given the level of intelligence you consistently show on here.

Despite your ideas shown in your post I do not have the power to schedule games between WVU and Marshall. Do I want them to play? Honestly, no due to nonsense both sides showed and experienced during the last seven game series (and since).

Here's my question to you - why do you think there should be a home-and-home series between the two schools? Don't give generic answers - I want to hear reasons behind your response.

As far as your prediction (wish?) that WVU won't be able to schedule future non-conference opponents I wouldn't count on that either.

Quit the best IAF in the country and Notre Dame of G5s nonsense and you'll probably see a lot less WVU fans on here. Rarely do you see WVU fans responding to sensible posts from Herd fans on here. They're responding to the outlandish crap.

Then why, Richmond Cuz, are they on here posting and responding AT ALL?? The Average WVU fan has such a condescending attitude vis-a-vis Marshall, an arrogant sense of superiority, their constant self promotion of a false exalted status; see the constant bleating of the "flagship" mantra, the inbred appealing billboards and ads asserting that "Mountaineers go First", etc., etc. Who are they trying to convince: themselves? the great unwashed inbred element in the general public who constitute a significant portion of EER nation? By inference or implication of such actions they are saying everybody else in West Virginia higher education, including MU, is irrelevant. Thus such fans of an exalted, omnipotent and omniscient institution would appear totally STUPID in responding to the posts of the fan base of an inferior and irrelevant school like MU!!

Being in Richmond, I dare you to compare and contrast the PR differences between a wannabe school like WVU and a truly World Class public institution like the University of Virginia: a school truly worthy of a title of "Flagship" that doesn't feel the need to run down, denigrate or slam, covertly or openly, its fellow state higher education institutions in order to elevate its own public status!

Being in Richmond, I dare you to compare and contrast the PR differences between a wannabe school like WVU and a truly World Class public institution like the University of Virginia: a school truly worthy of a title of "Flagship" that doesn't feel the need to run down, denigrate or slam, covertly or openly, its fellow state higher education institutions in order to elevate its own public status!

Look into UVA's past and you'll find that simply is not the case.

I'm not getting into arguing about flagships, etc. Some of you are too easily offended over things that mean little to nothing when it comes to athletics.

Best of luck this season.

I'm not getting into arguing about flagships, etc. Some of you are too easily offended over things that mean little to nothing when it comes to athletics.

Well, look into UVA's past and you can find a lot of objectionable issues as to antebellum south, slavery, etc. I'm talking about 2016, the 21st Century, and intrastate dealings and relationships among higher ed institutions. Nothing currently in the Old Dominion, I surmise, comes close to WVU's attitudes towards, and its views and dealings with, the other higher ed institutions within WV. Same applies to its ATHLETICS relationships, or lack thereof, with other state schools, whether you choose to believe it or not. See the schedules of so called "power schools" like VA Tech and UVA, and note the other instate (non "power") opponents; in West Virginia, not so much.

Herd Fever- I don't think Richmond was trying to argue whether or not Marshall has the best IAF, I think his point was that who gives a shyt. If that's the kind of thing fans want to throw out as arguments of what makes them great, then that is what attracts WVU fans to come on here and comment because it's such a retarded, eye rolling argument that means nothing other than winning a couple bigger recruits than normally (at best). I could be wrong but that's what I think he was saying.

Okay LESSON #2 for the Trollbillys.

Other than fighting over funding, MU and WVU aren't rivals. Maybe in Herd fans' eyes, but it's just not there. I lived in Morgantown for 30 years, and I can tell you that WVU, it's students, and it's teams don't even think about MU.

A few questions for the less than enlightened.

1. Did the Marshall v Eerbilly games sell out? All of them? Did MIFART make a lot of dinero from the series?

2. Have ALL your new conference games sold out, or is there an actual declining attendance now? (Will Cincinnati Memphis Houston sell out, and remember they all have played at the Joan)

3. If you refuse to play someone, does that team become a non entity? As in, hey if we refuse to let them on campus or go to their campus and play them, do we keep them in our thoughts?

4. If Marshall didn't play a specific team would that team be a rival, or be in their thoughts?

5. If you refuse to play a school in any sport is that a sign of being a coward? ( especially if you now are asking to have join your new conference 3 teams that have also played at Marshall?)

Eerbillys listen, lesson 2 is this: look at horse teeth logic, if we don't play them we don't have to risk losing to them. Meanwhile if we make slanderous remarks we prove were superior without ever having to play and risk losing to Marshall. This strategy makes the eerbilly nation.....COWARDS.

Lesson 2 is, it's better to be a coward than a man by eerbilly standards.

I have a question in fairness to Celt- if one team is 0-11 against another team, including two games at the Joan, is there really ANY arguing it? I mean I wish the teams would play but I just think after going 7-0 in that recent series that WVU doesn't really owe Marshall a cot damn thing... Just my opinion

Dat, my comment was based simply on what I saw during my time living in Morgantown. WVU fans rarely have anything to say about Marshall, unless the basketball team pulled off a nice win in Charleston.

During the last football series, the Herd had its best shot when Geno "slumped shoulders" Smith was still at WVU, and all their fans knew it. I just can't look at it as a rivalry, as Marshall hasn't made it one. Maybe WVU can get drawn into a bowl, but not likely as the bowl's selection committee wouldn't want an entire West Virginia (state, not school) crowd. I would absolutely love that, too. Getting the first football win in bowl game would be oh so sweet.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess Greenhouse is calling me a WVU fan, mixed in with lunatic ravings. It's his go-to move when someone has an opinion.

I have a question in fairness to Celt- if one team is 0-11 against another team, including two games at the Joan, is there really ANY arguing it? I mean I wish the teams would play but I just think after going 7-0 in that recent series that WVU doesn't really owe Marshall a cot damn thing... Just my opinion
First off all I hope we never lower ourselves again to play you hilljacks. We don't need you on OUR SCHEDULE anymore than you need us. In the 7 game series you refer to we played you when we were at a low point and you guys were riding a wave. If we played a home and home from now on we would win our fair share of games. If I were you I wouldn't get puffed up I remember as a kid watching Penn State beat you like 27 straight years. I think it is now at 34 out of the last 36. Does PSU owe you anything? I mean you are after all a member of the Big 12.

Reactions: beefcake0520
This is f**king pathetic. How off topic can this thread get, all so a couple guys can act as the authority on Marshall fandom?

My thoughts exactly! Not one eerbilly has answered the initial question of the thread.

You've told us people at MIFART have no idea who we are.
You told us we aren't a rival .
You've slandered us in numerous ways, all the way up to your AD.

But for some reason, even though nobody considers us a rival and knows who we are, and we sell out your stadium even though it doesn't for Oklahoma, you LIVE ON OUR BOARDS as Marshall Obsessed Eerbillys.

My question ONE MORE TIME! Why do you feel the need to come here ?

I kind of have to agree with Richmond on this one. I mean you can the ACC is top heavy with the traditional powers, same with the Big 10. Other than ohio state, who has done anything notable in the big 10 in the last decade? Michigan state and Wisconsin accomplish the same things TCU and Baylor have. I don't like WVU as much as the next person, but let's get real here.
OK. The real is uspam is simply not in the hunt. Be happy with your check like most hilljacks.

If WVU is the flagship of WV, what does that say about the State as a whole.

My thoughts exactly! Not one eerbilly has answered the initial question of the thread.

Your question has been answered by myself and others. Read the thread and quit prolonging it with your stupidity.

Reactions: WV_Celt
This is the dumbest conversation I've ever seen. And greenhouse has now talked about pregnant women 1,346 times in his threads. What a ruhtard

Well said, beefcake. This would honestly make a great topic for some serious discussion. However, it seems that we have at least one "veteran" poster with 70 some posts who has resorted to name calling, etc. in about 60 or so of his posts. How does something get "old" to someone who only has about 70 or so posts????

Anyway, as to the MAC, I would doubt our MAC attendance would be higher than our current CUSA game attendance is if we had to factor in one or two Tuesday and Wednesday home games a season!! And, really, you would have living under a rock somewhere to argue that we have a lot of great "rivalries" with MAC schools, other than Ohio U. Yeah, there were 2 or 3 great games with little Cryami when they had Big Ben, but for nearly a decade now, they have been fighting with mighty Eastern Michigan for the coveted basement position in that league. They never bring a great fan contingent to Huntington; only an occasional demented coach or two who goes berserk and tries to destroy a pressbox!! And, as noted, Herd fans will just about outnumber the home folks in Oxford when we play there even though there are NO, repeat NO, modern roads whatsoever in or out of that town from any direction, south, west, east, etc.

Going out on a limb here, strictly guessing, I will predict that Charlotte will probably have about as many fans in the Joan for their game with the Herd that the mighty Zips of Akron will have for theirs. Absent a chance for MU to get into the AAC, and any defections from CUSA in the next couple of years, I see NO good reason whatsoever for Marshall to contemplate for a second a move back to the MAC and all of its so called "great rivalries" !!

Definitely agree with you. I think if CUSA stayed the way it is, granted that's a long shot, we just hang out here and see what happens. But I think we can all agree that CUSA will change and not for the better. So if we lose USM or many other core schools, I think MU will have to do something or risk losing all it has worked for. Just my opinion.

The MAC isn't better as far as attendance goes, pretty much hear birds chirp on midweek games with them. CUSA made some big mistakes with choices, that's not a secret. I believe only one FL school was needed, a spot that coulda went to a more deserving, better attending, better support program like Ark St. or ULL got completely wasted for the sake of a market strategy that was an epic fail. I know many really want App. St and GSU, but I wouldn't have liked that either, due to we had already taken ODU, Charlotte, and young UTSA and didn't need any more FCS move ups to further screw CUSA's image, though that damage I think is done. Give them time to get some recognition, and no its still not where it would be before Id add them. We needed to rob the belt of its best teams and screwed the pooch, bottom line. Looking at the competitive side of things, I think it is probably in the MAC's favor to be honest. So if you compare attendance, that's moot between where we(CUSA) are and where they are, compare TV dollars obviously in their favor. They probably have a little higher prestige level at this point, sucks to say that considering we left them to better ourselves...

So, MU's direction, if we aren't part of an AAC invite, would need to be seriously re-evaluated. Before someone says blowing up conferences and taking the best of this one and best of that one, well that's not happening guys lol I absolutely hate that this isn't the CUSA we joined and paid good money to be in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT