ADVERTISEMENT

But why?

This is top quality.

giphy.gif
Thank you, Sir!

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
The renderings weren't released for more than a few hours before I commented on my disappointment with them. When you wait two decades for something you were promised, you have high expectations that it will be done correctly when it is finally done. The renderings didn't fulfill two decades of expectations. I was far from the only one who is knowledgeable about the subject who expressed disappointment with the design.

How is somebody the "most ok" baseball player, moron? I started every year at Marshall. I was nominated multiple times for the conference player of the week. Catchers are usually one of the two worst hitting positions in baseball due to the beating their bodies take all game, yet I still put up very respectable offensive numbers . . . and my strength was defense . . . not to mention coaches and players voted me as a captain for my final three years. "The most ok" doesn't end up starting every year. Coaches are tasked with trying to recruit better players at each position every year, but even though they gave a JUCO all-american catcher a scholarship, gave a full scholarship (rare in baseball given to only superstars) to another catcher who had Big 10 offers, and gave yet another scholarship to a catcher (not to mention two walk-on catchers), I still beat them out. Now, run along you jealous little bitch.

You know what else changes in the span of 2 decades? Just about everything...including location, money, construction, costs, and technology, etc. Same applies to construction renderings. As it has been said, they haven't even broken ground yet and can change. Drinko's original designs still in their library, were vastly different from the end result among others. To be so mad this early makes no sense at all.

Why would I be mad at a nominated conference player of the week? Maybe if you had won it...even then, it wasn't like you played for a school with baseball tradition or something you're complaining about, a home field.
Congrats, your stats put you on the list of "Not Being in the MLB" but I am sure on the team you were good, beyond that however, you were the world's smallest bigscreen TV.

If only Martin Ward had not been pulled for Tron by Doc

You know, the funny thing here is, Dingleberry Dan is the always the first person to bring this up. Yeah, it was a critical example of Doc's history of poor coaching skills, but it also means the world to Dan, still to this day, and that's pathetic and sad at the same time.

Since the series ended, I am back to being somewhat apathetic towards the Ears. I don't like their program, but in a strange way, they are WV, just like us, so if it came down to outsiders attacking the State, I would actually side with them. They're like the asshole cousin who you can't stand, but you're related, so you can't totally disown them. Guys like Dingleberry, on the other hand, live in this little world in which the redneck hatred towards Marshall still lives strong.

You know, the funny thing here is, Dingleberry Dan is the always the first person to bring this up. Yeah, it was a critical example of Doc's history of poor coaching skills, but it also means the world to Dan, still to this day, and that's pathetic and sad at the same time.

Since the series ended, I am back to being somewhat apathetic towards the Ears. I don't like their program, but in a strange way, they are WV, just like us, so if it came down to outsiders attacking the State, I would actually side with them. They're like the asshole cousin who you can't stand, but you're related, so you can't totally disown them. Guys like Dingleberry, on the other hand, live in this little world in which the redneck hatred towards Marshall still lives strong.

screw that. I enjoy rooting against the eers almost as much as I enjoy rooting for the Herd.

USPAM's rednecked, hilljacked non-alumni fan base make it impossible to root for them. Leaving aside all the stupidity you have to buy into to play-pretend that that mediocre never did anything program is the equal of true national programs, the non-alumni are simply fixated upon Marshall. We are all they can think about.

Go over to Raese Radio's Metronews site. A N Y story it has about MU, sports or academics, gets a minimum of 40 comments from petty jealous non-alumni Spamies. Same crap in every story.

Total fixation.

You know what else changes in the span of 2 decades? Just about everything...including location, money, construction, costs, and technology, etc. Same applies to construction renderings. As it has been said, they haven't even broken ground yet and can change. Drinko's original designs still in their library, were vastly different from the end result among others. To be so mad this early makes no sense at all.

You need to read better. I didn't say anything about the renderings having changed over two decades. I'm simply looking at the current renderings and expressing disappointment in that I don't think it is the best design for a college baseball stadium for many reasons.

How could you have read my post and reached the conclusion that you did? And to say I am mad? Christ, you're a moron.

Why would I be mad at a nominated conference player of the week? Maybe if you had won it...even then, it wasn't like you played for a school with baseball tradition or something you're complaining about, a home field.
Congrats, your stats put you on the list of "Not Being in the MLB" but I am sure on the team you were good, beyond that however, you were the world's smallest bigscreen TV.

Who said you were mad? Do you know what a straw-man is? You've mastered those. And now you just contradicted yourself, moron.

You went from saying that I was the "most ok baseball player to ever play at Marshall" to now saying you are sure that I was good at Marshall. So was I "the most ok" or was I "good"?

You should probably quit this message board thing as you are really bad at it.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
You need to read better. I didn't say anything about the renderings having changed over two decades. I'm simply looking at the current renderings and expressing disappointment in that I don't think it is the best design for a college baseball stadium for many reasons.

How could you have read my post and reached the conclusion that you did? And to say I am mad? Christ, you're a moron.

Who said you were mad? Do you know what a straw-man is? You've mastered those. And now you just contradicted yourself, moron.

You went from saying that I was the "most ok baseball player to ever play at Marshall" to now saying you are sure that I was good at Marshall. So was I "the most ok" or was I "good"?

You should probably quit this message board thing as you are really bad at it.

You're ok...its settled :)

Don't you know, we should be happy with whatever we get.

Unless MU gets the bankroll that big spenders do, we honestly don't have room to nitpick.
During the season its always about how little money we have and complaints of how WV's population is dying and the landscape of college football has changed to our disadvantage (all of which are true, not disputing that).
But in the offseason and during any sort of fundraising process, suddenly we're so deep in cash we can nitpick?
So which is it? MU had money to nitpick or MU is barely scraping for money and funds.

On a side note, Hunter S. Thompson's angry letter (among the many he wrote) to Anthony Burgess is absolute gold.

Rifle suggested design changes that would have very little effect on cost. I agree with him on not running the stands shallow and all the way down the goddamn foul lines. Stack them up behind the plate.

Send it to the AD if you feel that way....seriously what is accomplished bitching about it here? He can write his own letter about it, it will be the most ok letter ever written.
Yours, would probably be better.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Rifle suggested design changes that would have very little effect on cost. I agree with him on not running the stands shallow and all the way down the goddamn foul lines. Stack them up behind the plate.

OUCH you used the GD word...not good...."Dad gum it"...would have been better!

He5rdZilla22 in Charlotte

Cheer him on little buddy! I think you have knocked marine off of Nissan maxima’s nuts.

The dork acts like he doesn't care what people think about him, yet after getting called out for his horrendous attempts at nicknames, he has gone and changed them.

funny...…..I think you might be over thinking this. I've called you Nissan Maxima long ago....you seem to have more time than others so go look for it. I appreciate Rox exposing you for the fraud that you are.

I specifically mentioned more than once a decade for MU. You are stupid, and definitely did not participate in a level of academics higher than secondary school.

Says the moron that does not know the difference in once a decade and every year.

I'm only letting you stay because you are moderately entertaining. Kinda like a drunk raccoon....which is perfect for WVU trash

Thanks for letting me stay on here. Being kicked off for calling a spade a spade would just crush my feelings. Whatever would a do with my life if a 2nd tier moderator, who only recently got that authority, got rid of me.... the dread!

I specifically mentioned more than once a decade for MU. You are stupid, and definitely did not participate in a level of academics higher than secondary school.

Says the moron that does not know the difference in once a decade and every year.

I'm only letting you stay because you are moderately entertaining. Kinda like a drunk raccoon....which is perfect for WVU trash

It's always funny to me when someone with authority can dish it out but can't take any feedback, only to threaten with their authority. It really doesn't bother me.

One can only hope that the upcoming season of GOT has as many sidebar battles and intrigue as this thread.

We have to keep this thread going in order to match this.

'According to a new feature in Entertainment Weekly, one of the six final episodes will contain the “longest consecutive battle sequence ever committed to film.” Filming for this epic episode was done over the course of 11 weeks with primarily night shoots, which meant the stars were sometimes going to bed at seven o’clock in the morning.'

Reactions: Herd-in-ATL
It really doesn't bother me.

Yet you post about it twice in a row....the butthurt is strong.

I don't care about your feedback. Will I talk trash to you? Sure. The comment about being allowed to stay is based on you being a WVU troll. WVU trolls are technically not welcome here. It's nothing personal or OMG A SHOW OF AUTHORITY! Your trollery is moderately entertaining, which is actually a compliment. Again, you are a big dummy (something common in WVU fans) and something went over your head.

Yet you post about it twice in a row....the butthurt is strong.

I don't care about your feedback. Will I talk trash to you? Sure. The comment about being allowed to stay is based on you being a WVU troll. WVU trolls are technically not welcome here. It's nothing personal or OMG A SHOW OF AUTHORITY! Your trollery is moderately entertaining, which is actually a compliment. Again, you are a big dummy (something common in WVU fans) and something went over your head.

Ya know, I think the thing that gets old the quickest is how butthurt you are, as well as others, in the fact that people CAN actual root for two teams. I am not going to apologize for having roots with both schools. I actually graduated from Marshall, and my parents and one sibling from WVU. So I really don't give a rat's ass what you think about it, nor will I stop defending both schools when someone hates on them. If a fan of both schools isn't welcome here, that just shows how soft the members of this board are.

I believe that stacking the stands all behind home plate looks low-rent and does not look good. Why should we copy those other programs? We should build a unique ball park that is pleasing to the eye and fun for the fans.

I believe that stacking the stands all behind home plate looks low-rent and does not look good. Why should we copy those other programs? We should build a unique ball park that is pleasing to the eye and fun for the fans.

Good thought PD - expand? There are usually 15-20 rows of seating behind home plate in most college/minor league parks. Then 8-10 rows down each baseline, stopping just beyond 1st & 3rd base. What are you suggesting?

They aren’t all behind home plate. They extend to the end of both dugouts.

It’s what just about every single major college baseball team does. It looks far better, as the pictures I posted show, then simply having 8-10 rows extend around the entire field to the outfield fence.

It’s such a drastic difference aesthetically that it’s hard to even argue that it is a difference of taste or opinion. There is a reason all of the legit programs build stadiums like that - it simply looks much better (not to mention more benefits to it).

Well... even fools can become moderators I guess. Shows what you know, I attend more Marshall games than WVU games annually.

I have attended more Kentucky games than Herd games the past few years...and I root against Kentucky.

I thought you didn't give a rat's ass? Jesus.

Most of the nice college baseball facilities have their stadium seats stacked behind home plate and running along the 1st and 3rd base lines. Reasons for doing so are obvious. Better seats for watching, louder crowd noise directed towards the field, concessions/restrooms underneath. I used to attend games at Dick Howser Stadium prior to them adding additional bleacher seats down the outfield lines, and I recall it being very nice. 30 years ago though.

I have attended more Kentucky games than Herd games the past few years...and I root against Kentucky.

I thought you didn't give a rat's ass? Jesus.

I don't but you keep flapping your gums...

And no one attends Marshall games if they hate them, so the UK comparison is null.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT