ADVERTISEMENT

But why?

Steve Cotton and I were talking about the new stadium at basketball practice yesterday. He said they have already asked for his input for broadcasting area. He has already reached out to the play by play guys at USM, best facility in CUSA and also UK.
They are telling him about good and bad things to do.
He said that when they build some of these stadiums the engineers speak to nobody, they just build a room that is not adequate.
I'm glad that MU is being proactive and doing it the right way.

They aren’t all behind home plate. They extend to the end of both dugouts.

It’s what just about every single major college baseball team does. It looks far better, as the pictures I posted show, then simply having 8-10 rows extend around the entire field to the outfield fence.

It’s such a drastic difference aesthetically that it’s hard to even argue that it is a difference of taste or opinion. There is a reason all of the legit programs build stadiums like that - it simply looks much better (not to mention more benefits to it).
I like the design because it looks like a professional ballpark on a smaller scale. I think the stacking of the seats around the infield looks cheap, but everyone can have their own opinion and preferences.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT