ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Doc

I’m not telling you how to be a “better fan.” I’m explaining to you how to be a fan.
Wow way to be completely condescending for no damn reason. Unlike you and others that have accepted mediocrity that doc has brought upon Marshall others choose to expect more from the supposed flag ship of this league of misfits. But by all means please continue to alienate what true fans Marshall has

Last edited:
Game is over and we lost to one of the worst teams in college football. You're on here, celebrating in your fandom, because that's all you have left.

I’m not celebrating anything. I told you it sucked.

With that said, I’ll be there next week and any game after. I’m sure with your unrivaled level of fandom that you’ll do the same.

I’m not celebrating anything. I told you it sucked.

With that said, I’ll be there next week and any game after. I’m sure with your unrivaled level of fandom that you’ll do the same.

Uh huh, we all remember the last time you commented on being at a game. Couldn't even make up an accurate lie about where you were sitting. Or were you hoping everyone forgot about that little blunder?

Uh huh, we all remember the last time you commented on being at a game. Couldn't even make up an accurate lie about where you were sitting. Or were you hoping everyone forgot about that little blunder?

Christ.....you’re gonna continue to live on that?

Stop by the tailgate and I’ll give you a free ticket. God knows you don’t have season tickets I’m sure.

OK - took a looooooooong walk in the worst weather of the miserable day. I have defended Doc for the last time. I got over to the corner where the team was exiting the field. Waited until he was just below me. “Hey Doc - YOU SUCK!”. He heard me, just kept walking. Troopers and a player looked up at me. I booed Snyder and he was gone. May my negative outburst at Holiday be the kiss of death for his time at MU. Nail in the coffin, done.
Side note - you would think Charlotte had just won the Super Bowl. Complete excitement, and good for them. They have a Coach, and we do not.
7-5. Bowl game and hopefully a firing....

Reactions: mlblack16.
OK - took a looooooooong walk in the worst weather of the miserable day. I have defended Doc for the last time. I got over to the corner where the team was exiting the field. Waited until he was just below me. “Hey Doc - YOU SUCK!”. He heard me, just kept walking. Troopers and a player looked up at me. I booed Snyder and he was gone. May my negative outburst at Holiday be the kiss of death for his time at MU. Nail in the coffin, done.
Side note - you would think Charlotte had just won the Super Bowl. Complete excitement, and good for them. They have a Coach, and we do not.
7-5. Bowl game and hopefully a firing....

Let's hold off on saying they have a good HC. All he did his out coach Doc. That's not a huge accomplishment. All you have to do is play aggressive.

The only reason it bothers me is because it floods the board with mindless rambling that no one cares to read.

You have an incredibly poor and inaccurate impression of the board if you think that Marine's opinion isn't shared by the overwhelming number of posters on here. So, no, it isn't "mindless rambling that no one cares to read."

There's a reason the board owner requested that your dumbass stays over on the paid board. This thread is a perfect example of why.

I got over to the corner where the team was exiting the field. Waited until he was just below me. “Hey Doc - YOU SUCK!”. He heard me, just kept walking. Troopers and a player looked up at me.

In case anyone had any question about your character, how much of a piece of sh!t you, and how much of a dork you are, you just clarified that to everyone on here.

You're 75 fvcking years old. You walked over to another man - a guy who is the head coach of the team you supposedly cheer for - and you yelled "Hey, Doc, you suck!" to him?

What a classless piece of sh!t you are.

I have my own issues with Doc. But do you not think each loss impacts him a hell of a lot more than it does your insurance peddling ass? Do you think he isn't busting his ass trying to find ways to win? Voicing your displeasure on a message board, pulling donations, etc. are all reasonable ways to push for a change.

Going up to another person and yelling "You suck" after he just lost is about as pathetic of a thing that an adult could do. It makes it that much worse knowing that you are doing it to a guy who wants what you do, is trying the best that he can, and just isn't successful at it.

Go back to your jock-sniffing house, dork, and try not to embarrass yourself and other Marshall fans by acting like a pathetic piece of sh!t in public.

You have an incredibly poor and inaccurate impression of the board if you think that Marine's opinion isn't shared by the overwhelming number of posters on here. So, no, it isn't "mindless rambling that no one cares to read."

There's a reason the board owner requested that your dumbass stays over on the paid board. This thread is a perfect example of why.

I’m not saying his opinion isn’t shared by most, but to think people want to read “Doc is awful. Fire Doc. Pull your money. Etc....” in 10 different threads is ridiculous.

All I ever said was that I wouldn’t visit the troll board.

I’m not saying his opinion isn’t shared by most, but to think people want to read “Doc is awful. Fire Doc. Pull your money. Etc....” in 10 different threads is ridiculous.

All I ever said was that I wouldn’t visit the troll board.

I see one thread that says, "Fire Doc."

It’s every week after a loss and sometimes after a win.

Ok, well it isn't "multiple threads," and they're well deserved after a loss.

Doc should be home later tonight. Be sure to starch his underwear after you pick up his wash tomorrow morning.

So someone that may live 5-6 hours away and can’t make it up to a a couple of games every couple or years due to work/life but still watches every game and donates is less of a fan because they don’t have season tickets. Do you hear yourself with that bullshit?!?!

I mean, it is what it is man. It’s an opinion.

You don’t have to like it, but that’s how I see it.

So you think that might mean something? Maybe and hear me out on this, maybe the problem is with doc and not the fan base. If it’s always the same complaints and losing the same way and making the same mistakes just maybe it’s not the fans. Maybe there is a problem with the staff.

Reactions: HerdFan73
Ok, well it isn't "multiple threads," and they're well deserved after a loss.

Doc should be home later tonight. Be sure to starch his underwear after you pick up his wash tomorrow morning.

Like I said, we tailgate behind the engineering building. Stop by for your ticket.

So you think that might mean something? Maybe and hear me out on this, maybe the problem is with doc and not the fan base. If it’s always the same complaints and losing the same way and making the same mistakes just maybe it’s not the fans. Maybe there is a problem with the staff.

Not really. There’s maybe a handful of people on this board that can actually analyze plays or understand the methods/tendencies of Doc or any other coach.

Those guys have forgotten more football than anyone on this board will ever know. I’m not happy about losing today, but I’m not going act like I have the answers either. I’ve played/watched enough sports in my day to know that shit happens.

Yeah, because you think today is an anomaly? Most of us have know this is as good as it’s going to get for years now. And even in the wins, there’s often red flags there that tell you shit like today is going to happen.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
The sad thing is we just let another opportunity to win a conference title slip through our hands. I mean we might end up 9-4 again. it just seems hollow knowing we came up short again

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Then you should also know that it's also inexcusable

If that were true, then the better team would never lose. Hell, you wouldn’t even play the game. It happens all the time. Everywhere. That’s what makes sports so great.

Not really. There’s maybe a handful of people on this board that can actually analyze plays or understand the methods/tendencies of Doc or any other coach.

Those guys have forgotten more football than anyone on this board will ever know. I’m not happy about losing today, but I’m not going act like I have the answers either. I’ve played/watched enough sports in my day to know that shit happens.
That shit seems to happen a lot more frequently under Johns direction

Im not a Doc fan, Im not a Doc hater... He has done some good things here and he has underachieved in other aspects.

That said... Tonight was the worst coached game I have been to in the 25 years Ive been following MU football.

The gameplan was an absolute joke. It was insulting to watch. We literally ran the ball up the middle 3 times on 3rd and 8 or longer. Didnt even try to get the ball to our two best athletes in the passing game (Levias and Gaines). Ran the same terrible read option up the middle 30 times regardless of down and distance. Etc, etc, etc.

I honestly thought it was Bill Legg last year holding us back... Now I realize there are 2 options - It wasnt Leggs fault at all, or the Doc/Cramsey pairing is just as shitty as Doc/Legg.

Reactions: ohio herd
But do you not think each loss impacts him a hell of a lot more than it does your insurance peddling ass?

No. I think Doc is comfortable.

Do you think he isn't busting his ass trying to find ways to win?

No. I think Doc is comfortable.

I think the Powers That Be have set the goal that a bowl game is the acceptable goal.

No matter who tailgates where, one thing is hard to argue: Doc doesn’t have anything left to give. His heart isn’t in it. Time for a fresh set of downs......

Those guys have forgotten more football than anyone on this board will ever know.

Pffft! Do you mean the receivers coach who was coaching against University of God's Chosen, Ave Maria, Point University (not High Point), Virginia University of Lynchburg, Union College (KY), Southeastern University, Edward Waters (that's a school, not a coach), and Webber International all in one year immediately before being hired full-time at Marshall?

That same year, my first-year starting sophomore finished in the top 10 in the country in FCS in total passing yards, passing yards per game, TD/INT ratio, yards per completion, and completions per game.

Or maybe you're referring to the bad running backs coach who spent 10 years coaching at an average D2 school and can't determine who his best running backs are until 2/3 of the way through a season, after his top two are suspended or injured.

If you were half the fan you thought you were, you’d donate, attend, and support Marshall Athletics functions. Grow a pair and put your money where your mouth is. Go to a Big Green function or Doc’s radio show and ask the questions or make the comments you do on here.

You won’t though. You’d rather log on to a message board and hide behind your spineless user name.

You’d rather bitch, moan, and complain instead of doing something that may actually benefit a program you claim to support.

Losing blows. I won’t deny that one bit. Today sucked. We played awful. We probably won’t play for a championship.

I could not care less what you think about me and I’m certain Aaron feels the same way. What’s exhausting is that you’re the perfect example of what most “fans” have become. I’m not even talking about Marshall fans. I’m talking about people that sit at home, and don’t do a damn thing to help better their program, but have the most to say when things don’t go their way.
I won't give them another dollar. The only way they will change is to be hit where it hurts. In the wallet. You can be a super fan all you want, but they have screwed the MU football program over. Not getting my money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT