ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Doc

Some of you all need to realize D1 ball for most people, the fans, is about entertainment. They want to win, have an exciting product, and be entertained.

You can give us all the win one for the Gipper speeches and say how much better of a fan you are, but Marshall is competing for people's discretionary money and their time. In today's worls there are far more options for entertainment than there used to be. Hell, you can sit and surf the internet and watch games in your own living room and not spend an extra dollar.

Blind Loyalty is only go to take you so far. You have to put the product on the field and people have to want to spend money with you.

“Most all” the naysayers are on this board yet ticket sales and attendance are so bad this happens:

When’s the last time the ticket office offered chair back seats for $20? Are we giving them away with buckets of chicken next? Maybe bring a can of soup to get in?

This is honestly frustrating. I traveled 4+ hours to attend the game vs. UC and spoke to someone in the ticket office who said the prices were set for the season and couldn’t be adjusted. I wanted to sit on the MU side and purchase two chair-back seats, however I wasn’t going to pay $95/seat. Now I see that what I was told wasn’t necessarily true and they’re giving a $150 discount/ticket for two games, one of which is in the top 3 games on the schedule.

For as long as I can remember, long before MH got here, MU has always had “specials” in the late season when things are not perfect. Same in basketball. If our basketball efforts are the truly dysfunctional ineptitude predicted by the CUSA coaches and every single pre-season guide I have seen, I expect lots of promos coming up, as early as mid-January.

MH, AFAIK, is the instigator of the “big ticket” where the prices for the home step up game are higher than other games. I have no problem with it. Supply and demand.

And, for my WVU friend above WVU does the same thing relative to promos, and has for years, football and basketball. So does UK football, so does Cincinnati.

Some of you all need to realize D1 ball for most people, the fans, is about entertainment. They want to win, have an exciting product, and be entertained.

You can give us all the win one for the Gipper speeches and say how much better of a fan you are, but Marshall is competing for people's discretionary money and their time. In today's worls there are far more options for entertainment than there used to be. Hell, you can sit and surf the internet and watch games in your own living room and not spend an extra dollar.

Blind Loyalty is only go to take you so far. You have to put the product on the field and people have to want to spend money with you.
I think you summed up the great divide here Herdman. You said, "Blind Loyalty is only go to take you so far. You have to put the product on the field and people have to want to spend money with you." I'm not sure I have blind loyalty but I am a lifelong fan of all things Marshall. I root when we tear down the goalposts and when we suck hot air. My first football game was in 72 and my first basketball game was in 72 as well at the old Field house.I do want us to win but will always be one of those who will be around regardless.

For as long as I can remember, long before MH got here, MU has always had “specials” in the late season when things are not perfect. Same in basketball. If our basketball efforts are the truly dysfunctional ineptitude predicted by the CUSA coaches and every single pre-season guide I have seen, I expect lots of promos coming up, as early as mid-January.

MH, AFAIK, is the instigator of the “big ticket” where the prices for the home step up game are higher than other games. I have no problem with it. Supply and demand.

And, for my WVU friend above WVU does the same thing relative to promos, and has for years, football and basketball. So does UK football, so does Cincinnati.

Sam the issue is losing the fan base, your argument is he hasn’t lost 95% of the fan base. Yet crowds at the Joan ( I’m talking butts in seats not tickets sold) are bad right now.

La Tech is our biggest home game of the year after Cincinnati. It’s a good bet it will be a preview of the CUSA championship game. Yet you can get our most expensive seats for 20 bucks a piece. That’s not good no matter how you slice it.

cali - disagree. Empty seats = $0 revenue. Perhaps one day Marshall football will be a hot ticket. In the meantime beggars can’t be choosers....jmo

I’m not disagreeing with you at all. What I mean is I think it's telling that while Marshall is still very much in contention to win the conference and we are playing arguably the best team in the west we have to drastically cut the price of our most expensive ticket to try to get people to come to the game.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
cali - disagree. Empty seats = $0 revenue. Perhaps one day Marshall football will be a hot ticket. In the meantime beggars can’t be choosers....jmo

What do you disagree with him about? Nothing you said disagreed with his stance on anything. His point is that the fan base, regardless of whose fault it is, has substantially diminished (at least based on normal metrics). And he’s right.

Yes, truly I say into thee... @Aaron Perkins and Coach @Josh Stowers can both take the walk, along with their hero John.

If you were half the fan you thought you were, you’d donate, attend, and support Marshall Athletics functions. Grow a pair and put your money where your mouth is. Go to a Big Green function or Doc’s radio show and ask the questions or make the comments you do on here.

You won’t though. You’d rather log on to a message board and hide behind your spineless user name.

You’d rather bitch, moan, and complain instead of doing something that may actually benefit a program you claim to support.

Losing blows. I won’t deny that one bit. Today sucked. We played awful. We probably won’t play for a championship.

I could not care less what you think about me and I’m certain Aaron feels the same way. What’s exhausting is that you’re the perfect example of what most “fans” have become. I’m not even talking about Marshall fans. I’m talking about people that sit at home, and don’t do a damn thing to help better their program, but have the most to say when things don’t go their way.

If you were half the fan you thought you were, you’d donate, attend, and support Marshall Athletics functions. Grow a pair and put your money where your mouth is. Go to a Big Green function or Doc’s radio show and ask the questions or make the comments you do on here.

You won’t though. You’d rather log on to a message board and hide behind your spineless user name.

You’d rather bitch, moan, and complain instead of doing something that may actually benefit a program you claim to support.

Losing blows. I won’t deny that one bit. Today sucked. We played awful. We probably won’t play for a championship.

I could not care less what you think about me and I’m certain Aaron feels the same way. What’s exhausting is that you’re the perfect example of what most “fans” have become. I’m not even talking about Marshall fans. I’m talking about people that sit at home, and don’t do a damn thing to help better their program, but have the most to say when things don’t go their way.

blah, blah, blah

Reactions: riflearm2
Absolutely no excuse...MU played piss poor from the start.
Corners couldn't cover and constantly got PI's (yes, UNCC did too), nobody could tackle, nobody could catch simple passes from Green who actually had some good ones, dropped.
MU allowed a very average team to look so much better than theu actually are.

Now, instead of just winning against FIU, we have to hope FAU loses at least 1 more game.
At UTSA and home against USM isn't an automatic set of wins, but FAU will for sure be favored.
god, this sucks...

I normally am not one to jump on Doc for everything he does but this loss was pretty bad and honestly, irritated me.
MU could control its destiny and completely sh*t the bed.
MU can still make it to the title game but my god, Doc is making it so much more difficult than it needs to be.

If you were half the fan you thought you were, .

You don't know shit about me or anyone else on here

You're a FVCKING imbecile

You accept mediocrity

Horrible fans like YOU are the reason John is still our Head Coach

You don't know shit about me or anyone else on here

You're a FVCKING imbecile

You accept mediocrity

Horrible fans like YOU are the reason John is still our Head Coach

You wouldn’t be nearly as triggered as you are if it weren’t true.

I’m not telling you how to be a “better fan.” I’m explaining to you how to be a fan.

You don’t need to explain “being a fan” to anyone. I was Marshall long before you. Being a fan to you is about donating money and blind support for those in charge. It’s fans like the majority on here who want changes that aren’t going to sit back and just be silent about it. If you don’t like it get over it, there’s more of us than you.

Reactions: mlblack16.
You don’t need to explain “being a fan” to anyone. I was Marshall long before you. Being a fan to you is about donating money and blind support for those in charge. It’s fans like the majority on here who want changes that aren’t going to sit back and just be silent about it. If you don’t like it get over it, there’s more of us than you.

You’re on a message board. Do you honestly believe anyone is going to read your outbursts on here and take them seriously?

“Guys, @Marine03 posted on HerdNation that he wants Doc fired. We better take that into consideration.”

That’s not how it works. That’s my entire point. Address your complaints in the proper places. Don’t log on here and attack other posters like a 6 year old would.

You’re on a message board. Do you honestly believe anyone is going to read your outbursts on here and take them seriously?

“Guys, @Marine03 posted on HerdNation that he wants Doc fired. We better take that into consideration.”

That’s not how it works. That’s my entire point. Address your complaints in the proper places. Don’t log on here and attack other posters like a 6 year old would.

I didn’t attack anyone, you came at me

I didn’t attack anyone, you came at me

I’m not talking about me. I’ve told you before. What you say or think about me is of no real concern to me. The only reason it bothers me is because it floods the board with mindless rambling that no one cares to read.

I’m not talking about me. I’ve told you before. What you say or think about me is of no real concern to me. The only reason it bothers me is because it floods the board with mindless rambling that no one cares to read.

Who did I attack? Stop making false claims

I’m not talking about me. I’ve told you before. What you say or think about me is of no real concern to me. The only reason it bothers me is because it floods the board with mindless rambling that SUPA FANS don't care to read.

FIFY

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT