ADVERTISEMENT

Huff isn’t resigning after all, but this thread delivers!

The Office Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I wish I could remember the poster that I agreed with saying that Huff would leave voluntarily.

Semore gets to coach the bowl game?... Talk about a guy getting a project dumped in his lap. lol

Hey coach, pretty good job with the defense this year, congratulations you get to be the head coach for the bowl game... Oh and you have no Ali, no Coombs, half the offensive line is out, and Fancher is done.

Its the football equivalent of "I need next year's budget on my desk by 5 p.m.... Today."

Reactions: marshall_U
Semore gets to coach the bowl game?... Talk about a guy getting a project dumped in his lap. lol

Hey coach, pretty good job with the defense this year, congratulations you get to be the head coach for the bowl game... Oh and you have no Ali, no Coombs, half the offensive line is out, and Fancher is done.

It’s the football equivalent of "I need next year's budget on my desk by 5 p.m.... Today."
That will be a very interesting turn if this happens.

But I’m still skeptical. Does the source have a timeline? And this better not be: “Huff is resigning…. himself to not talk to the media as much”

You cannot enter a lame duck year, make statements to the media that are damaging to the university, and expect to survive. Brad Smith does not tolerate public lack of faith in the mission.
Can you imagine if the CFO at Intuit would come out with a quote like ... "This place is hemorrhaging cash and the people who work here all hate it, so it is what it is."

He'd be gone before they could rip the nameplate off his door.

Believe it. Don’t believe it. But think about this:
How does Huff move past it? How does he & his coaching staff visit with families & try to sell Marshall with this anchor hanging under his chin?
I bet this is something being pondered in Old Main…..

Reactions: ilmherdfan
Can you imagine if the CFO at Intuit would come out with a quote like ... "This place is hemorrhaging cash and the people who work here all hate it, so it is what it is."

He'd be gone before they could rip the nameplate off his door.
Absolutely RhinoD

Believe it. Don’t believe it. But think about this:
How does Huff move past it? How does he & his coaching staff visit with families & try to sell Marshall with this anchor hanging under his chin?
I bet this is something being pondered in Old Main…..
I’m inclined to believe it

I offered him a way out last month...for the good of his career....

I offered him a way out last month...for the good of his career....

Yehh but he decided to stick his dick in a blender on the way out.

As a side note, this could be the most entertaining bowl game in Marshall history...

If Huff resigns, we could have Semore as interim HC and DC... Doege, who has been here 3 days now, calling plays from a borrowed playbook... Pennington at QB, an entire new offensive line, etc.

I say we just go straight up Madden and chuck it 50+ times and hope for the best. We either win a shootout, or we get beat 77-0. Let's cap this circus with a flaming wheel of death either way!

As a side note, this could be the most entertaining bowl game in Marshall history...

If Huff resigns, we could have Semore as interim HC and DC... Doege, who has been here 3 days now, calling plays from a borrowed playbook... Pennington at QB, an entire new offensive line, etc.

I say we just go straight up Madden and chuck it 50+ times and hope for the best. We either win a shootout, or we get beat 77-0. Let's cap this circus with a flaming wheel of death either way!
We are going to get our teeth kicked in. Perfect ending to this absolute dumpster fire of a season and Huff's legacy.

People can point to the Notre Dame win all they want, but we got beat by BGSU the very next game. The second half of this season was a complete meltdown, and that's squarely on Huff. This team showed up looking unprepared more often than they did ready to compete. The entire staff was in way over their heads. Probably best for everyone to start over.

If he were to resign, would he forfeit the contractual buyout?

If that's the case, no way in hell he resigns.
Based on a brief read of his contract, yes. Upon voluntary resignation, he is technically liable to the University for payment of outstanding amounts under his contract. The contract also has broad and ambiguous terms upon which the University could fire him, for reasons such as engaging in conduct that is "unbecoming of a football coach" or insubordination. It could be an involuntary voluntary resignation with a negotiated buyout to Huff.

Based on a brief read of his contract, yes. Upon voluntary resignation, he is technically liable to the University for payment of outstanding amounts under his contract. The contract also has broad and ambiguous terms upon which the University could fire him, for reasons such as engaging in conduct that is "unbecoming of a football coach" or insubordination. It could be an involuntary voluntary resignation with a negotiated buyout to Huff.
I think Brad negotiates Huff’s buyout on terms more favorable to MU. The BoG will back it 100%

Reactions: Jartard
Again - could be wrong. But, since we’re living in this instant age, seems if word had gotten back to Old Main that there was this scurrilous rumor floating through the internet, that MU would be putting out a statement to refute it?

Again - could be wrong. But, since we’re living in this instant age, seems if word had gotten back to Old Main that there was this scurrilous rumor floating through the internet, that MU would be putting out a statement to refute it?
Thats a fair point.

To your point, shouldn't the issue at hand prompt a public statement by the university? Yet it hasn't.

The resignation rumor doesn't have nearly the momentum or broadcasting as his statement to the news reporter. That one has made the national level and reached millions.

To your point, shouldn't the issue at hand prompt a public statement by the university? Yet it hasn't.

The resignation rumor doesn't have nearly the momentum or broadcasting as his statement to the news reporter. That one has made the national level and reached millions.
Yeah, they have to issue a statement one way or the other. If they just let it go into the off-season hoping fans forget what he said, I think you’re going to greatly hurt the university

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT