ADVERTISEMENT

Huff's Comments

I guess I'm an idiot.
My kids don't use fb or message boards near the level or at all compare to instagram, twitter, snap, tiktok.
But this has been on SI.com. We're not talking about a handful of slap dicks on a message board. There's no way they won't eventually see it or at minimum hear about it from someone, likely their parents.

But this has been on SI.com. We're not talking about a handful of slap dicks on a message board. There's no way they won't eventually see it or at minimum hear about it from someone, likely their parents.

I'm only referring to comments directed at a specific person/player that would be read by them and take offense.

Dude, as a parent, is you saw your son's future head coach making statements like this on your social media, would you not feel compelled to discuss with him?
Untie your testicles from Marco’s larynx, and you’d be able to recognize that Huff was defending his guy with his comment.

Reactions: bris1112
So, are you calling Cam’s mom a liar then?
There are multiple, reasonable ways where she wouldn’t be a liar nor would Huff. Let’s see how many you can list.

Are you calling Cam’s sister, teammate, and coach liars?

"He (Cam) sucks, but he was at least serviceable up to and including the NC State game." - mlblack16

"Cam sucks. He absolutely sucks and no one has taken the job from him. That's pretty sad. It's a low bar and shouldn't be that hard." - Bleedsgreen33

"I'm also not saying anyone behind Fancher outright sucks." - Bleedsgreen33

"No this was a poorly coached effort and Fancher just sucks." - Bleedsgreen33

"Cam Fancher is horrid" - Paytonwgay
That's not a personal attack. That is commenting on his play. If you can't take your performance being criticized then maybe college sports aren't for you.

That's not a personal attack. That is commenting on his play. If you can't take your performance being criticized then maybe college sports aren't for you.

Telling someone they "Suck" at what they do is a personal attack. You can try to spin it all you want, but it's personal. Like I stated before you would not tell one of your family members they "Suck" at something they love.
or if someone told you, your family member sucks at something they do you would take offense as well.

Telling someone they "Suck" at what they do is a personal attack. You can try to spin it all you want, but it's personal. Like I stated before you would not tell one of your family members they "Suck" at something they love.
or if someone told you, your family member sucks at something they do you would take offense as well.
Sometimes you need to be honest with your family members and not sugar coat it. This participation trophy stuff doesn’t cut it.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
You must have lived a sheltered life. Having served in the Army, I consider telling someone they suck as putting it nicely.

Tell me you don’t have siblings or friends without telling me you don’t have siblings or friends.

Tell me you don’t have siblings or friends without telling me you don’t have siblings or friends.

Not sure what you mean by that. Telling a family member they suck or a friend is totally different than someone you are not related too or don't know.

Let's try it out. Go to someone random on the street and say "Man you fuking suck" and see what happens to you.

Isn't that at the core of the issue?
These 18-22 year olds playing football at Marshall are neither your sibling nor friend.
In most cases.

Not sure what you mean by that. Telling a family member they suck or a friend is totally different than someone you are not related too or don't know.

Let's try it out. Go to someone random on the street and say "Man you fuking suck" and see what happens to you.
I’m guessing that you’ve never served in any type of leadership role. That’s exactly what you have to do.

Thanks for the advice Mr Fancher

Yea not very constructive in any format.
I can't imagine logging into something where any grown a$$ man can fire something at me unprovoked.

I like to come here and call for a change at QB1 when I'm raging during the game.
It's my safe space to complain lolz.

I agree, but if you're around it enough, you start to doubt yourself and believe what's being said.
Even if it's stupid and by a raging drunkard fan.

I guess your excessive use of Vagisil has impacted your ability to think rationally.

Fancher, nor any of the players aren't some "random on the street."
They have been told by coaches, and the media, they are to be leading the football team, that fans pay money to see.
With that, comes all the aspects of it, including ridicule.
Regardless of whether that ridicule is deserved or not, they'll face it.
They represent the university that many have attended and support.
They are witnessed by tens of thousands in person and even more on TV.
With that, comes a microscope life they should already know, they exist in.
The fact they wear the uniform, makes the fans even more engaged with the players, because if it were "some random on the street" MU fans wouldn't care if they won or not.
It's why MU fans don't really care what Ohio State or Notre Dame do, but care what MU football players do.

Your ineptitude at applying this basic concept should honestly disqualify you from participating further in this.
But, to me, you're "some random on the street" so I'll say it...

You suck.

I guess your excessive use of Vagisil has impacted your ability to think rationally.

Fancher, nor any of the players aren't some "random on the street."
They have been told by coaches, and the media, they are to be leading the football team, that fans pay money to see.
With that, comes all the aspects of it, including ridicule.
Regardless of whether that ridicule is deserved or not, they'll face it.
They represent the university that many have attended and support.
They are witnessed by tens of thousands in person and even more on TV.
With that, comes a microscope life they should already know, they exist in.
The fact they wear the uniform, makes the fans even more engaged with the players, because if it were "some random on the street" MU fans wouldn't care if they won or not.
It's why MU fans don't really care what Ohio State or Notre Dame do, but care what MU football players do.

Your ineptitude at applying this basic concept should honestly disqualify you from participating further in this.
But, to me, you're "some random on the street" so I'll say it...

You suck.
Boy, you talk a lot of $hit for being on the internet, Dork! I guarantee you wouldn't do it in person.

These are young men away from their homes for the first time. Sometimes you need to give them a break.

Boy, you talk a lot of $hit for being on the internet, Dork! I guarantee you wouldn't do it in person.

These are young men away from their homes for the first time. Sometimes you need to give them a break.
Exactly. It's on the internet. Your son cam couldn't handle comments on the internet. From a bunch of dorks. What's that say about him

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
I've been off of the Huff bandwagon since the disappointing 7-6 first season.
One huge win followed by some bad football doesn't bode well.

That said, the "Huntington is a tough place to live" comment has been taken way out of context. It was meant to mean that tough, resilient people reside here. (Of course, the demographics demonstrate that the assumption is largely incorrect.)
Second, we are assuming that because Spears and/or Smith have not addressed Huff's tweet publicly doesn't mean that it hasn't been addressed. Huff arguably created a disadvantage in recruiting on his own. If Spears and/or Smith address the issue publicly, it would add to that disadvantage. Unless Spears and Smith were prepared to immediately replace Huff, saying nothing out loud is probably the best action.

Let me try to explain using a different argument.

I've had employees work with me throughout the years who just weren't meeting the expectations set for our department. For the ones who I liked because they always had a positive attitude and worked hard, I would do my best to try and find a different position in our department or elsewhere within our organization that was a better fit for them. In fact, I went out of my way to do so, because I felt like it wasn't their fault and they deserved another chance.

I see Cam in a similar manner. I like the young man's personality. He definitely isn't lacking in heart or effort, and I applaud him for this. But you can't confuse efforts with results. I don't think QB is the best fit for him. In fact, I think he's potentially being held back by it. Why not put him in a different position to play to his strengths? He is a very good athlete.

Since you know him personally, does he have any hopes/expectations of going into the NFL? He will NEVER be an NFL QB. I rarely make statements using absolutes, but in this case, I'm more than comfortable doing so. Think about how many really good athletic QBs in college who go into the NFL and never play a single down as a QB. I'm not saying he could make it playing a different position, but his chances would increase exponentially if he did.

Let me try to explain using a different argument.

I've had employees work with me throughout the years who just weren't meeting the expectations set for our department. For the ones who I liked because they always had a positive attitude and worked hard, I would do my best to try and find a different position in our department or elsewhere within our organization that was a better fit for them. In fact, I went out of my way to do so, because I felt like it wasn't their fault and they deserved another chance.

I see Cam in a similar manner. I like the young man's personality. He definitely isn't lacking in heart or effort, and I applaud him for this. But you can't confuse efforts with results. I don't think QB is the best fit for him. In fact, I think he's potentially being held back by it. Why not put him in a different position to play to his strengths? He is a very good athlete.

Since you know him personally, does he have any hopes/expectations of going into the NFL? He will NEVER be an NFL QB. I rarely make statements using absolutes, but in this case, I'm more than comfortable doing so. Think about how many really good athletic QBs in college who go into the NFL and never play a single down as a QB. I'm not saying he could make it playing a different position, but his chances would increase exponentially if he did.

Only one problem with your analogy. He's not being paid! He is not an "Employee", he is a student-athlete. Treat him as such.

Thousands of fans have told them that in person.
You think the chorus of boo's was all that the fans said to the players during games?
"You suck" was probably, and easily the most common thing spoken.

They've had a real nice break in terms of:

Getting a scholarship to attend.
Benefits of playing for MU through financial payments and perks.
Access to academic assistance.
Access to athletic trainers and coaches to improve their physical agility.
Workouts for professional teams.

"Young men, away from their homes for the first time."

All many could talk about was getting away from home, now they are away.
It's not my problem they can't handle it.

The world is both cruel and unforgiving. No amount of pads or helmets will protect them from the hits they'll take moving forward.

Oh and you suck.

Only one problem with your analogy. He's not being paid! He is not an "Employee", he is a student-athlete. Treat him as such.
Oh I'm sorry, I understood he wasn't paying for his tuition? Being the starting QB, I guess he also wasn't receiving any other perks that non-athlete students attending Marshall would not receive?

My bad, I guess your argument would hold water IF those statements above were true.

They're not, BTW, and I don't give a damn how hard-headed you choose to be on this.

Continue sticking your head in the sand and pretending you're right and everyone else is wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT