ADVERTISEMENT

Huff's Comments

Rifle, I cannot speak for anyone else about subconscious or conscience reasons not to be as patient with Coach Huff because he's black.

What I can say is that he was hired on the premise that the Herd wasn't winning big enough, was playing boring offense and could keep the peace in a locker room or parking lot.

In Coach's introductory press conference, he acknowledged the first two items. I truly believe that many of us aren't subconsciously or consciously less patient because he is black, were just sick of watching a lot of inept, boring offense.
After Doc, we expected and were promised a wide open, exciting product...you know, All Gas. If Coach Huff was white, it'd be the same in many of our eyes.
If everybody on this board would have been asked if they would take a 9-4 season with a win over a top 10 Notre Dame, everybody would have accepted.

He’s had an average year this year which is under Marshall expectations. It’s absurd to fire under that situation considering what and where Marshall is in the college football pecking order.

I thought Fancher was awful, and I also until this thread thought he was white.

Am I still racist?
It doesn’t mean you’re a racist. It just means you’re a moron, twice.

I don’t believe consciously or unconsciously that any of this is race related.
I used neither of those words. I used subconsciously, which has a different meaning.

You can spin it any way you like but Huff screwed up in his comment. Otherwise it wouldn’t already be in the national media.
Something making national news means he screwed up? Strange take.

Plenty of coaches have expressed public disdain for a lack of support from the fans and/or fans treating their players poorly. Hell, Gundy has turned into a folk hero for it. The black coach in WV? Well, we see what happens to him when he does the same. “Shut up and know your place, boy.” Right?

People that play the race card, when it does not apply, do more damage to race relations then you can imagine. Either they are attention seeking whores, or flat out ignorant.
Your posts do more damage to the English language than any race card tactics could for race relations.

• Haha
Reactions: marshallsig
Might be time to get the ole eyes checked.

I just hit 40 so, clearly.

But in all seriousness, I’m assuming that he’s mixed race or heritage? If not, you can’t tell me that he doesn’t have similar skin tone to a dark skinned Caucasian.

I think the key takeaway is, I clearly don’t give a shit what his race is. And I’m sure an EXCEEDINGLY large majority of others around here don’t either.

Agreed. Maybe Black players and coaches are no longer welcome in Trump's West Virginia. The look of the basketball team seems to suggest that.
Absurd. Two of the three Portal pick ups are black; two major coaches/influencers on the team are black. OUR COACHES wife is black. Wow, when one digs for gold, sometimes they just find sewerage.

If everybody on this board would have been asked if they would take a 9-4 season with a win over a top 10 Notre Dame, everybody would have accepted.

He’s had an average year this year which is under Marshall expectations. It’s absurd to fire under that situation considering what and where Marshall is in the college football pecking order.
I agree with this. But he's not doing himself any favors (improving the NIL, landing recruits) by saying it the way he did.

So we want honesty and not coach-speak, but when the person is honest, we also fault him for that?

I've made the comment multiple times on here over the years: The morons on here who bash individual players are doing a major disservice to Marshall.

Assume we find a stud QB next year. Assume that means Fancher is #2. That is a hell of a #2 QB to have at our level, and we just lost him partially due to the morons on here.

Now, assume we don't find a better QB. Fancher is now gone partially because of the morons on here, and we stuck with even worse options than the scenario above. Nice work, morons.

And that's not even discussing the ethical portion of the moronic actions by many on here.

And since I have said it before without much reaction: Don't think it doesn't go unnoticed that Fancher and Huff are both blacks, that they both have frequently been referred to as "an experiment," just like the word used for those who opposed Obama. And sure, you morons have bashed other coaches and players on here, but the severity and the faster time to bash them based on 2-3 years is a lot different than what was allowed under previous players/coaches.
You don't bad mouth the organization and hurt it public. Period!

Stop with the race baiting bullshit. He should not have done what he did. If he were in the private sector is sales, management, PR, whatever he would be gone. Period.

If Cam wants NIL money nobody is stopping him. Go around to area businesses and solicit them.

That’s the problem with NIL, it has nothing to do with NIL.your name,
Image or likeness isn’t generating revenue that’s not the fan’s fault. The schools never should have been allowed to collaborate with these collectives. Nobody wants a Fancher jersey, nobody wants him doing commercials, therefore he has no real NIL value.

The rule is for people like Reggie Bush because USC was making serious bank of his Jersey sales. It’s not for low 3 star recruits to get money before they ever play a snap because they have no NIL value at that point.

You don't bad mouth the organization and hurt it public. Period!

Stop with the race baiting bullshit. He should not have done what he did. If he were in the private sector is sales, management, PR, whatever he would be gone. Period.
You made those same comments against Pruett when he made them, right? No? Go read my previous posts on this subject. You fit that agenda.

I used neither of those words. I used subconsciously, which has a different meaning.

Something making national news means he screwed up? Strange take.

Plenty of coaches have expressed public disdain for a lack of support from the fans and/or fans treating their players poorly. Hell, Gundy has turned into a folk hero for it. The black coach in WV? Well, we see what happens to him when he does the same. “Shut up and know your place, boy.” Right?

Your posts do more damage to the English language than any race card tactics could for race relations.
lol. Wow you got me. Good one. Lol

I have zero issue with a coach giving fans a hard time for not showing up for games or even being active donors to scholarship programs (not NIL "foundations"). A head coach blaming the fans for voicing displeasure for the inability for a player to be developed/improve from year to year is a thin-skinned bitch move. Huff is responsible for the heat the coaching staff and some of the players are catching. Be a man and own it. Be a mentor and teach these young men about adversity and life. If he is indeed doing that and these young men refuse to be a part of the process, then let them go. Wish them well and move on, don't lay the blame on anyone else.
This has nothing to do with race - Byron Leftwich, Rakeem Cato, Michael Payton, Randy Moss, Doug Chapman, Vinny Curry, Chris Parker, Ahmad Bradshaw, Chris Crocker, Troy Brown and Carl Lee are just a few names that disprove that fallacy - Huff's name could easily be as reverred if he wins more. His skin color isn't a factor in wins or losses, not matter how you want to twist it. Using race is lazy, let's not forget Grant Wells cried of mistreatment from the fans as well. This situation is repeating itself not because of racist fans, it is because nothing has changed on the field of play. What is happening is due to big talk and small results from Charles Huff. If the results were different the only reason kids would be jumping ship would be for more money and/or exposure. Francher wasn't a part of a hugely successful couple of years. His numbers never really improved. He is athletic as hell, but shouldn't be taking snaps at a D1 level. Coaches did him a diservice by continuing to put him in a spot that ultimately there would be limited success - at best!

a2f5ca1e5fec3922c8a863374fca9d2b.jpg

Ouch! Huff comments may be accurate, but just can't say it. It will be interesting to see the fallout.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Whatever happened to Charley Huff?
Oh him? He went down to the Home Depot and bought hisself a power nailer. Never seen a man nail himself inside a coffin so fast!

So when Pruett voiced complaints about our lack of funding, you and others were just as attacking towards him, right?
It's not an exact apples to apples comparison.
Coach Pruett probably should've addressed his frustration differently, but the administration broke some promises. Pruett was and is considered to be one of the best if not the best coaches in the history of Marshall athletics.

If Coach Huff had gone, say 9-4, 11-3 and 9-3 while at least appearing in a conference championship game instead of 7-6, 9-4 and 6-6, then he'd receive a lot less crap from us, the fanbase.

He was hired because Coach Holliday was not competing at a high enough level nor was the offense particularly exciting. To be fair, Huff's teams have a couple of nice scalps; however, it doesn't appear that the Herd is going to threaten to win the SBC next season.

Last edited:
So we want honesty and not coach-speak, but when the person is honest, we also fault him for that?

I've made the comment multiple times on here over the years: The morons on here who bash individual players are doing a major disservice to Marshall.

Assume we find a stud QB next year. Assume that means Fancher is #2. That is a hell of a #2 QB to have at our level, and we just lost him partially due to the morons on here.

Now, assume we don't find a better QB. Fancher is now gone partially because of the morons on here, and we stuck with even worse options than the scenario above. Nice work, morons.

And that's not even discussing the ethical portion of the moronic actions by many on here.

And since I have said it before without much reaction: Don't think it doesn't go unnoticed that Fancher and Huff are both blacks, that they both have frequently been referred to as "an experiment," just like the word used for those who opposed Obama. And sure, you morons have bashed other coaches and players on here, but the severity and the faster time to bash them based on 2-3 years is a lot different than what was allowed under previous players/coaches.
Still struggling with all that guilt you have from suing an HBCU that gave you, a rookie coaching assistant, a chance, and also the head coach (a black man)?

Go race bait somewhere else, grifter. You constantly insult and disparage Marshall and the State of WV when you were given a scholarship. You sued your former employer and boss. This seems to be a pattern with you. No wonder no other program was serious about wanting to hire you.

A pattern would imply multiple times. Can you show us that pattern, moron?

I coached at multiple other programs after that. There goes another theory of yours, selfie-king.
The pattern, you idiot, is you biting the hand that feeds you.

You coached several other programs? Oh you mean while you were waiting for your day in court. How many programs did you coach at after you officially sued your employer and former boss, a black man, BTW.

2 things mentioned distain by fans and NIL money. If the hitting the portal is due to NIL money -- good bye and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

If about the distain from the fans, one thing to say, there is one thing between my professional as an industrial safety professional and a key person on any sports team (in this case QB) that is similar, if you can't develop a thick skin for abuse, you will be miserable. If you are to read this
Cam, if being upset at fans issues, you need to grow the fruck up cause life does not get easier.

Oh you mean while you were waiting for your day in court.
Court never came. After 1.5 years of them going through three attorneys, after I humiliated the first two, they settled for what I was asking for the entire time after just a couple of hours of being deposed.
How many programs did you coach at after you officially sued your employer and former boss, a black man, BTW.
Two, with many other offers since then.

What happened to your selfie?

It's not an exact apples to apples comparison.
Coach Pruett probably should've addressed his frustration differently, but the administration broke some promises. Pruett was and is considered to be one of the best if not the best coaches in the history of Marshall athletics.

If Coach Huff had gone, say 9-4, 11-3 and 9-3 while at least appearing in a conference championship game instead of 7-6, 9-4 and 6-6, then he'd receive a lot less crap from us, the fanbase.

He was hired because Coach Holliday was not competing at a high enough level nor was the offense particularly exciting. To be fair, Huff's teams have a couple of nice scalps; however, it doesn't appear that the Herd is going to threaten to win the SBC next season.
So if Huff won a few more games, then it would be fine for him to mention the lack of financial support to the program? Yet because he mentioned it without those extra few wins, this is what he faces? That doesn't seem to hold much water.

Court never came. After 1.5 years of them going through three attorneys, after I humiliated the first two, they settled for what I was asking for the entire time after just a couple of hours of being deposed.

Two, with many other offers since then.

What happened to your selfie?
Oh I'm sure the details of your case are being embellished like everything else you claim.

Oh I'm sure the details of your case are being embellished like everything else you claim.
Not in the least. My attorney wanted to go after as many people as possible and accuse a whole bunch of things as a strategy, but other than that, nothing I said was embellished.

But again, this is another example of you morons trying to turn things to be about me.

So we want honesty
Agree that we want honesty. So should we be made that Huff apparently made that shit up about Fancher being "miserable"? All just to take a cheap shot at the fans for bitching about how he woefully underperformed this year.

Agree that we want honesty. So should we be made that Huff apparently made that shit up about Fancher being "miserable"?

Here is that critical thinking thing again. Cam's own sister just posted a similar sentiment. Let's look at her words:

"Little did I know that these pages [Marshall fans] would take a toll on not only my emotional state, but my family as well."

"Most of the fans [Marshall fans] on these pages have been nothing short of demeaning, cruel, and just downright disheartening towards Cam."

"I've sat here on this page [Marshall fans] for multiple seasons and watched people say disgusting and hateful things about my brother."

There is more than just those comments. So tell me, do you think her brother was having a great time at Marshall due to the fans? The sister sure doesn't make it seem that way. Was the sister lying just like you claim that Huff was?

Why would Fancher's mom say something that contradicted both Cam's sister and coach? Probably because she knows that the more drama that surrounds Cam's exit, the harder it will for him to land someplace. No program wants to take a kid with baggage, and if Cam (or his mom) would have bashed the fans on the way out, many coaches wouldn't be receptive to that.

So Huff, as a coach should, defended his guys. It's no different than what Owen Porter did when he defended Cam against the fans booing him, yet not a peep was said about that.

Come on man. You've been around too many college programs to know this is the case everywhere the fans expect to win. Fan boards and social media is one giant exercise in over-analysis, much of it negative. I guess a kid can play at Akron, where no one in town gives two shits, if this bothers them.
You don't think the entire team isn't aware of the boos directed at Fancher, the morons on here who bash Fancher, etc.? You don't think potential recruits will hear about those things?
Better not play at Alabama, because the fans were booing Jalen Milroe at the Mississippi game.

I've heard UK fans boo their own at Rupp. BJ Boston comes to mind.

You stink up the joint, you are going to hear it at any place worth playing.
After Doc, we expected and were promised a wide open, exciting product...you know, All Gas.
I believe this is the biggest problem Huff has faced. We expect a certain brand of football around here, call us spoiled if you wish. Losing would be more accepted if the offense were exciting and some games close. Laying a f'n egg isn't acceptable anywhere, but it really isn't going to be tolerated here.

Lack of funding and shitty NIL is a whole other issue. Huntington and WV are not wealthy areas with big businesses to throw that money around. It's not like it's just us, I can't imagine there's big NIL money at Troy. And that's a pretty good program!

Short of me winning a billion dollars in the lottery, I don't know the answer.

Here is that critical thinking thing again. Cam's own sister just posted a similar sentiment. Let's look at her words:

"Little did I know that these pages [Marshall fans] would take a toll on not only my emotional state, but my family as well."

"Most of the fans [Marshall fans] on these pages have been nothing short of demeaning, cruel, and just downright disheartening towards Cam."

"I've sat here on this page [Marshall fans] for multiple seasons and watched people say disgusting and hateful things about my brother."

There is more than just those comments. So tell me, do you think her brother was having a great time at Marshall due to the fans? The sister sure doesn't make it seem that way. Was the sister lying just like you claim that Huff was?

Why would Fancher's mom say something that contradicted both Cam's sister and coach? Probably because she knows that the more drama that surrounds Cam's exit, the harder it will for him to land someplace. No program wants to take a kid with baggage, and if Cam (or his mom) would have bashed the fans on the way out, many coaches wouldn't be receptive to that.

So Huff, as a coach should, defended his guys. It's no different than what Owen Porter did when he defended Cam against the fans booing him, yet not a peep was said about that.
That has nothing to do with "critical thinking." I hadn't seen anything that his sister said until you just posted it. I don't know who is telling the truth, but Huff and the AD need to get a handle on this shit quickly. Either way, Cam's mom is right in that it isn't his place to air the kid's feelings if he didn't give him the okay to do so. Do you really disagree with that?

Last edited:

So Huff… created the drama by making a statement that is obviously going to rile up fans. But, it’s not his fault that there is drama?

There’s a reason you feel the need to tell everyone you’re the smartest in the room.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT