ADVERTISEMENT

ROLL WITH COLE!

Wow - not good. The difference is that we don't have a Randy Moss like Chad did. Cole will struggle. Who is our #3 QB now?
Cam - 11/22 (50%), 125 yds, 2 INTs
Cole - 12/23 (52%), 77 yds, 2 INTs

Wow - not good. The difference is that we don't have a Randy Moss like Chad did. Cole will struggle. Who is our #3 QB now?
Cam - 11/22 (50%), 125 yds, 2 INTs
Cole - 12/23 (52%), 77 yds, 2 INTs
Cole threw the ball 23 times in a third of the time cam did and had the same stats. Trickett did not do a good job of calling plays that Cole can run.

And if Huff’s top recruit could catch a ball right in his hands Cole would have had one more completion, one less INT, possibly one more TD and about 30-50 more yards. It was a really well thrown ball.
it was a good throw, but also had 2 really bad turnovers (not including that one) - INT and a fumble on the 1 yard line.

Reactions: herdfan429
it was a good throw, but also had 2 really bad turnovers (not including that one) - INT and a fumble on the 1 yard line.

True, but I like the way he throws the ball and it was his first real live action with minimal practice reps all year. He should have secured the ball, that’s 100% on him, but would have been nice if the line would have at least tossed a chip block on the rusher.

Edit: Fancher is pretty good at 2-3 total turnovers per game. We have enough film on him to know what he is. I want to see Cole with a full week of prep as QB1 to see what he has when more prepared.

Fancher has had far worse throws and has no excuse. Cole should be given a chance. If anything this may wake Fancher up and try to compete for his old job.

He (Cam) sucks, but he was at least serviceable up to and including the NC State game.

Reactions: munotwvu342
Sheesh,you people
mad people GIF

Throwing his freshman QB under the bus immediately, while letting Fancher stink it up for weeks.
Bullshit. You had cam out there last week on one leg and refused to take him out but tonight it’s because he wasn’t healthy?!?! Get out of here with that weak shit. The only reason Cole was in the cam was to stroke huffs ego and say see I told you so

Bullshit. You had cam out there last week on one leg and refused to take him out but tonight it’s because he wasn’t healthy?!?! Get out of here with that weak shit. The only reason Cole was in the cam was to stroke huffs ego and say see I told you so
Accurate. If not, they would have tried the guy from Rice instead of throwing a redshirt freshman into that type of situation.

Accurate. If not, they would have tried the guy from Rice instead of throwing a redshirt freshman into that type of situation.
Makes you wonder how bad TJ is, if they cannot play him. If I recall he came in for 1 or 2 plays earlier in the season.

21-31-24-41-41

Offensive production through 5 games. You know he can score and get it done. Why the falloff the last 2? Who knows.

Makes you wonder how bad TJ is, if they cannot play him. If I recall he came in for 1 or 2 plays earlier in the season.

21-31-24-41-41

Offensive production through 5 games. You know he can score and get it done. Why the falloff the last 2? Who knows.
Many of Fancher's wins as a starter were largely due to our stout defense last year. However, to his credit, Fancher did find a way to use his feet and keep drives alive this year, but defenses started honing in on his inability to throw beyond 10 yards and have been stuffing the box ever since.

Once Cam's injury took away his strongest attribute, it was over for our offense. It's maddening to watch. I do hope Huff will continue with someone else.

I also want to believe he's not trying to throw Pennington to the lions, just because of some passive aggressive bone to pick with his critics, but he's shown how fragile his ego is, and I think deep inside he is angry with himself, because he is struggling with the reality that he's not as good as he thought he was.

Many of Fancher's wins as a starter were largely due to our stout defense last year. However, to his credit, Fancher did find a way to use his feet and keep drives alive this year, but defenses started honing in on his inability to throw beyond 10 yards and have been stuffing the box ever since.

Once Cam's injury took away his strongest attribute, it was over for our offense. It's maddening to watch. I do hope Huff will continue with someone else.

I also want to believe he's not trying to throw Pennington to the lions, just because of some passive aggressive bone to pick with his critics, but he's shown how fragile his ego is, and I think deep inside he is angry with himself, because he is struggling with the reality that he's not as good as he thought he was.
Fair comment, Cam got credit as the starter with that Defense. I can't remember one game where you said "Cam won that game" for us.

For our Herd fans, I would suggest evaluating Cole without his last name. It is unfair to compare him to Chad (with no Randy Moss). Cole is not ready and not mobile enough in our offense to operate effectively.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Fair comment, Cam got credit as the starter with that Defense. I can't remember one game where you said "Cam won that game" for us.

For our Herd fans, I would suggest evaluating Cole without his last name. It is unfair to compare him to Chad (with no Randy Moss). Cole is not ready and not mobile enough in our offense to operate effectively.
Give him a qb1 reps all week in practice. Huff admitted that he didn’t prepare any qbs this year because “cams our guy”. It’s an unfair comparison to make at this point.

Reactions: Herd-Al-icious

Dude, Chad without Randy? How old are you?

Chad had Randy for ONE season in FBS and went 10-3. He didn’t have him for two seasons and went 25-1. You’re acting like Randy made Chad great?

@W-S HerdFan @The Real SamC @Russ Priddy @Daywalker86 @TwolfHerdfan @i am herdman @mlblack16. @johns1124 @horsrman @Jartard @ThunderCat98 @herdfan429 @Jartard

I mean this in all seriousness. I am not talking shit just to talk shit. But with so many of you supporting these posts, I have to figure out how so many of you fail basic communication and comprehension.

'429's argument relies on the belief that Huff said he pulled Cam due to Cam not being healthy. But that's entirely wrong. Huff clearly said:

"He [Cam] wasn't where I thought he could perform at his best, and then he turned the ball over, and just like we tell all of the guys, you gotta' execute, it doesn't matter if you're the quarterback, center, left guard, right guard . . . it doesn't matter, you gotta' execute. Put Cole in. Cole didn't execute. So we gotta' go back and continue to grind . . . "

Huff said that Cam wasn't 100% and wasn't able to perform his best, but that's no different than what he admitted last week, yet he continued with Cam. Why did he continue with Cam last week but not this week? Because Cam wasn't executing (he was turning the ball over). Again, I am not talking shit to talk shit. But this is basic communication, guys. It's clear that Huff did not say that he pulled Cam due to Cam not being 100% healthy. He pulled Cam because Cam wasn't executing, possibly because he wasn't 100% healthy, but the execution part was the reason he was pulled. And that entirely supports what he said last week when he admitted that Cam wasn't 100% healthy but that Cam refused to come out and still gave Marshall the best chance to win. In this week, he admitted that Cam wasn't 100% healthy but since he wasn't executing, he wasn't giving Marshall the best chance to win, so he was pulled.

I don't know if you guys hear only what you hope to hear, if many of you just like a post without watching the video, or if you all truly struggle with basic communication, but it's a pandemic on this board.

@W-S HerdFan @The Real SamC @Russ Priddy @Daywalker86 @TwolfHerdfan @i am herdman @mlblack16. @johns1124 @horsrman @Jartard @ThunderCat98 @herdfan429 @Jartard

I mean this in all seriousness. I am not talking shit just to talk shit. But with so many of you supporting these posts, I have to figure out how so many of you fail basic communication and comprehension.

'429's argument relies on the belief that Huff said he pulled Cam due to Cam not being healthy. But that's entirely wrong. Huff clearly said:

"He [Cam] wasn't where I thought he could perform at his best, and then he turned the ball over, and just like we tell all of the guys, you gotta' execute, it doesn't matter if you're the quarterback, center, left guard, right guard . . . it doesn't matter, you gotta' execute. Put Cole in. Cole didn't execute. So we gotta' go back and continue to grind . . . "

Huff said that Cam wasn't 100% and wasn't able to perform his best, but that's no different than what he admitted last week, yet he continued with Cam. Why did he continue with Cam last week but not this week? Because Cam wasn't executing (he was turning the ball over). Again, I am not talking shit to talk shit. But this is basic communication, guys. It's clear that Huff did not say that he pulled Cam due to Cam not being 100% healthy. He pulled Cam because Cam wasn't executing, possibly because he wasn't 100% healthy, but the execution part was the reason he was pulled. And that entirely supports what he said last week when he admitted that Cam wasn't 100% healthy but that Cam refused to come out and still gave Marshall the best chance to win. In this week, he admitted that Cam wasn't 100% healthy but since he wasn't executing, he wasn't giving Marshall the best chance to win, so he was pulled.

I don't know if you guys hear only what you hope to hear, if many of you just like a post without watching the video, or if you all truly struggle with basic communication, but it's a pandemic on this board.
So, are you trying to get a job from Huff, or is this just a basic man-crush? 🤣

So, are you trying to get a job from Huff, or is this just a basic man-crush? 🤣
So one of the morons who liked the post but can't explain what got them confused to be wrong about it. One down, about a dozen more to go.

Oh so cam didn’t turn the ball over last week? Cam still couldn’t run still overthrew or underthrew receivers. He’s gotten no better in any aspect this year. If that’s our best then we are ****ed

Oh so cam didn’t turn the ball over last week? Cam still couldn’t run still overthrew or underthrew receivers. He’s gotten no better in any aspect this year. If that’s our best then we are ****ed
What you just stated has absolutely nothing to do with your bogus post that was made on yet another straw man, but this time, attributed to Huff.

Care to explain how and why you made a bogus post?

Imo we will be lucky to make a bowl game. Need to win 2 of the next 4. And I don't see it. App st - L , S Alabama - L, Georgia Southern - L, Arkansas St - W. That's a 5-7 record.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan

You believe the shit that college football coaches spew to the press? Congrats on being a dumbass.

A few points after waiting my self-imposed 24 hours...

1. Kudos to Huff for having the stones to pull his guy and give someone else a chance... I didn't think he would do that unless Cam left on a cart.

2. You made that decision, now you go with it... This season is already a massive disappointment. There will be no division title, no championship game, at best some weak bowl game in Mobile, Birmingham or Myrtle Beach. You went to Pennington, you ride with him. You give him these last four games to learn on the job and you hope to win two of them. If he looks bad, you back to the drawing board before next season.

3. We are absolutely awful at WR... My good lord. Dan Marino couldn't do anything with this group. Miscommunications, wrong routes, drops, literally deflecting balls that hit them in the hands to the other team. For god's sake find at minimum 3 new WRs for next year. Portal, high school, Gullickson, wherever.

4. We are absolutely awful at special teams... We would be better with a trained rooster pecking our plays off a play card than what we have. And even when we do the right thing, we F it up. Miss a field goal, shank a punt, poor coverage, penalties, etc. Hot garbage.

5. Whatever our coaches are doing during the week to prepare for the first quarter -- Stop... Every week we look awful in the first quarter. We take the ball, then go 3 and out, or turn it over. We differ, and imediately give up points. We have to find a way to start the game better.

You believe the shit that college football coaches spew to the press? Congrats on being a dumbass.
Moron, the posts that you made/liked were entirely based on what a college coach said to the press. So if you can’t believe what they say, you’re arguing against fallacies.

This is why you’re referred to as Tier Three. My god.

1) Person says something
2) You argue illogically against what that person said
3) As a defense to your illogical argument, you then say a person would have to be a fool to believe anything the person says, so now you’ve just argued an illogical position against something you now believe isn’t even true.

Brilliant.

Last edited:
So one of the morons who liked the post but can't explain what got them confused to be wrong about it. One down, about a dozen more to go.
I can like a post with the little like button. Don't read too much into that. In some cases, I have even liked posts I disagree with.

Are you getting so petty that you are actually looking to see who likes certain posts? Also, I didn't read your entire post. I am a busy man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT