ADVERTISEMENT

If we win the next two are we assured at least an NIT bid

Oldie - you know the Progressive commercial where the therapist is helping people becoming their parents as adults? He would say to you:
“Put down the clicker! No posting after midnight…….
Me? At 2:19?
Couldn’t sleep

Game against ODU didn't surprise me. We choke in the important games the same way football has in the past. If playing for a conference championship isn't enough motivation. Again, rebounding. poor passes at times and shot selection lead to this outcome. If a player like TK is NBA level talent he should dominate every player and game he faces and plays. I don't see that.

Reactions: Catfanatic1979v1
The loss last night still has me depressed. A seven point half time lead with a conference championship there for the taking and we blow it. Just another in a long line of Marshall basketball teams that reached for the golden ring and missed it.

I give Dan credit for winning the only big tournament game we have ever won, but other than that, we seem to be a continual third-fourth place league finisher.

I’ll get over this, but right now, I just want to crawl under the upper level Cam tarp, curl up in a ball, and sleep for a week.

Last edited:
Reactions: patsfan4life12
Lunardi is on record as explaining how his "bracketology" crapola works relative to the aq. He does his stuff and then just fills in the rest with whoever is in first place in the minor leagues. He could not tell you one thing about Marshall, Southern Mississippi or anyone else outside the top 8 to 10 leagues.

I would love to host and thrash that bunch from Morgantown
They just lost on the road yesterday to #3 Kansas by two (2) points. What makes you think we could "thrash" them? Sagarin rankings indicates wvu has the 6th toughest schedule in college basketball. Sagarin also says Marshall has the 230th toughest schedule in college basketball. You think we would "thrash that bunch?" Lol, the fantasy world you live in. We could perhaps beat them. Anything is possible in college basketball.

They just lost on the road yesterday to #3 Kansas by two (2) points. What makes you think we could "thrash" them? Sagarin rankings indicates wvu has the 6th toughest schedule in college basketball. Sagarin also says Marshall has the 230th toughest schedule in college basketball. You think we would "thrash that bunch?" Lol, the fantasy world you live in. We could perhaps beat them. Anything is possible in college basketball.

I hate WVU athletics more than any other team, and just as much or more than most in this board. But like my previous post… you’re right. We couldn’t touch them and they’ll be seeded just fine in the NCAA that will probably get them to at least the round of 32.

But, CamJoanBaller, unlike the others on your "hate" list, the totally obnoxious, and largely inbred, WVU fan base coupled with their insufferable also totally obnoxious windbag and constantly self-promoting douchebag of a President totally make everything related to, and about, the Chickeneer University very EASY TO OBSESS ABOUT!!!
So what you are saying is they live rent free in your head? Be bigger than that

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I hate WVU athletics more than any other team, and just as much or more than most in this board. But like my previous post… you’re right. We couldn’t touch them and they’ll be seeded just fine in the NCAA that will probably get them to at least the round of 32.
What I wish everyone of our fans would realize is playing WVU is lose-lose for Marshall, AND lose-lose for WVU. If we beat a 16-13 team, do we really get a boner from that? Are we really that terrible of a program? If we lose, that sucks and ruins a good season.
Similarly, if WVU wins that game, it would probably be on the bottom 5 of their wins this year as far as rating goes, so what a pointless win. If they lost, its misery for them as well.

Playing that game would be vomit

If we beat a 16-13 team, do we really get a boner from that? Are we really that terrible of a program?
Yes, we are historically that terrible of a program that beating the worst WVU team in years would still get a lot of people excited. The same way it did when we used to beat them in Charleston en route to a 14-18 record.

If we lose, that sucks and ruins a good season.
No, it doesn't... We have played zero good teams, and a loss to WVU would at least be a "good" loss... Beating the worst teams in all of Division I (Chicago State, Miami Oh, Coppin State, etc - Not to mention Glenville State) does less for us than losing to a P5 borderline tournament team.

If you dont believe that, just look at WVU as the example... The reason they are still in the conversation for the big dance is because all of their losses are "good' losses to teams in Quad 1. No analyst is saying, "Man they should have replaced Purdue and Xavier with Coppin State and Miami Oh to make their record look better."

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Yes, we are historically that terrible of a program that beating the worst WVU team in years would still get a lot of people excited. The same way it did when we used to beat them in Charleston en route to a 14-18 record.

No, it doesn't... We have played zero good teams, and a loss to WVU would at least be a "good" loss... Beating the worst teams in all of Division I (Chicago State, Miami Oh, Coppin State, etc - Not to mention Glenville State) does less for us than losing to a P5 borderline tournament team.

If you dont believe that, just look at WVU as the example... The reason they are still in the conversation for the big dance is because all of their losses are "good' losses to teams in Quad 1. No analyst is saying, "Man they should have replaced Purdue and Xavier with Coppin State and Miami Oh to make their record look better."
It sucks to me.. I know our schedule blows, but I don't feel like ending the year on a loss to WVU. Making the tourney a few years ago, only to get embrassed by WVU was misery. I am just fine not playing them, and focusing on basketball instead of focusing on WVU. I don't need the extra drama, rooting for us to win a tourney game would be drama enough.

It sucks to me.. I know our schedule blows, but I don't feel like ending the year on a loss to WVU. Making the tourney a few years ago, only to get embrassed by WVU was misery. I am just fine not playing them, and focusing on basketball instead of focusing on WVU. I don't need the extra drama, rooting for us to win a tourney game would be drama enough.
I agree with you, I've been a vocal proponent of never playing WVU in any major sport ever again... Unfortunately, for some folks (especially a subset of college sports fans in the state of West Virginia) trying to beat WVU is a big deal, so that topic of conversation will never be dead.

Reactions: The Real SamC
I don’t even want to play the Morgantown school in the minor sports. We made a mistake by letting them play soccer in our conference. Let them play in the MAC.

Reactions: 19MU88
I agree with you, I've been a vocal proponent of never playing WVU in any major sport ever again... Unfortunately, for some folks (especially a subset of college sports fans in the state of West Virginia) trying to beat WVU is a big deal, so that topic of conversation will never be dead.
When the focus is beating someone instead of improving our own program, then progress is hindered.

If Ohio's biggest goal was to beat Ohio state, then that would be pathetic, and we would all see that from the outside. But when it's our own situation, some people's hatred clouds their better judgement. Like I said, playing WVU is lose-lose for BOTH teams.

That being said, I would like to play them in basketball every year, but NOT in the postseason. I enjoyed watching those games, making a night of in state basketball, and being on the winning end once in a while. Winning that game never made our whole season but it was nice. And for WVU, losing that game to us never broke their season, just like any other teams in bball throughout the year. So in the regular season, it is not a bad situation for any team. (In football it would be and will never happen for that reason). But in basketball it could be a good thing to play again. It won't happen because of the obsession with which venue to play it in, but it would be fun. Just IMO

As much as I hate WVU and think Huggins is an ass, the man can coach and they would beat us about as bad as they did in 2018. Quick, very physical and play solid D.

Lunardi is on record as explaining how his "bracketology" crapola works relative to the aq. He does his stuff and then just fills in the rest with whoever is in first place in the minor leagues. He could not tell you one thing about Marshall, Southern Mississippi or anyone else outside the top 8 to 10 leagues.
To be fair, nobody really can measure Marshall at this point.

They win games they should, lose games they shouldn't.

They have all the reason in the world to not lose and lose.

What I wish everyone of our fans would realize is playing WVU is lose-lose for Marshall, AND lose-lose for WVU. If we beat a 16-13 team, do we really get a boner from that? Are we really that terrible of a program? If we lose, that sucks and ruins a good season.
Similarly, if WVU wins that game, it would probably be on the bottom 5 of their wins this year as far as rating goes, so what a pointless win. If they lost, its misery for them as well.

Playing that game would be vomit

I wish you could understand the flaw in your logic.
I recall their fans bragging back several years ago when they won the voting contest of what color to paint the bridge in Charleston near the Civic Center. Obviously blue vs green.
The legislature does everything they can to complain about any good from MU.
The same goes for sports.

Yes, MU fans would be excited to beat wvu in anything, regardless of record.

Is Marshall a terrible football program for beating a 2 win Purdue team?
If MU loses? Yeah, sucks too, but you do realize that's for 99.99% of everyone else too.

Do you really think wvu or anyone is going to care about ratings in the post season? All anyone cares about is winning the championship.

They never will openly admit it, but they do consider us a rival and they do remind everyone they beat us. They don't care if MU is terrible either. Should they really brag at some of the Snyder teams they beat? No, but they do.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I recall their fans bragging back several years ago when they won the voting contest of what color to paint the bridge in Charleston near the Civic Center. Obviously blue vs green.

If MU loses? Yeah, sucks too, but you do realize that's for 99.99% of everyone else too.

Do you really think wvu or anyone is going to care about ratings in the post season? All anyone cares about is winning the championship.

They never will openly admit it, but they do consider us a rival and they do remind everyone they beat us. They don't care if MU is terrible either. Should they really brag at some of the Snyder teams they beat? No, but they do.
We are their ultimate rival! We compete everyday for funding and we have gotten the short end of the stick for over a 100 years. Is it the end of the world if they refuse to play us in sports, no it's not but I don't agree with Cam that is our sole "focus" and that deters us from wanting to improve overall..

Yeah I really don't agree with any of this. Although of course they brag about beating us. I'm sure they know it gets under your skin.

"The legislature does everything they can to complain about any good from MU." Huh? You'll have to be more specific. Not funding something doesn't mean they complain about Marshall doing positive things.

You're right, no one cares about ratings in the post season, but a football loss has WAY more bearing than a basketball loss. Especially because 64 teams make the bball tourney. So that is apples to oranges. Sounds like youre the one flawed..

We are their ultimate rival! We compete everyday for funding and we have gotten the short end of the stick for over a 100 years. Is it the end of the world if they refuse to play us in sports, no it's not but I don't agree with Cam that is our sole "focus" and that deters us from wanting to improve overall..
I don't think it is our sole focus... I am saying it shouldn't be. Some fans are more obsessed with hating or beating WVU than they are with Marshall. I was referring to the small minority of those idiots.

I don't think it is our sole focus... I am saying it shouldn't be. Some fans are more obsessed with hating or beating WVU than they are with Marshall. I was referring to the small minority of those idiots.
The best way to piss off WVU and it's supporters is to grow our institution, ignore everything they do, and have success in athletics across the board.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
You're right, no one cares about ratings in the post season, but a football loss has WAY more bearing than a basketball loss. Especially because 64 teams make the bball tourney. So that is apples to oranges. Sounds like youre the one flawed..

Are you suggestiong MU beating wvu in basketball when they met in the tournament wouldn't be a bigger deal than in a regular season football game?
Given the programs, one having a poor history of the sport and the other having success by a far, useless, but successful drunk?

These threads that start out with a ? about post season basketball possibilities and devolve into childish (that would be you GHoGH) hissy fits and gotchas over another school are beyond pointless! Put down the rope ……this tug of war over an impossibility is the very picture of insanity……

The best way to piss off WVU and it's supporters is to grow our institution, ignore everything they do, and have success in athletics across the board.
That sounds anticlimactic. What kind of p*%#y shit is that. We should revel in their losses, and want nothing good for any of their programs. I still stand by my previous statement that they would stomp us this year and most years in most sports.

They don’t care if we grow, they don’t care if we pay attention to them, and they certainly don’t care if we have general success in all athletics.

That sounds anticlimactic. What kind of p*%#y shit is that. We should revel in their losses, and want nothing good for any of their programs. I still stand by my previous statement that they would stomp us this year and most years in most sports.

They don’t care if we grow, they don’t care if we pay attention to them, and they certainly don’t care if we have general success in all athletics.
Well no damn joke they don't give a shit what we do. Why the hell should we give a **** what they do? I don't! **** them. Some posters on here look like jilted school girls left at home on prom night when talking about how they wish we could play them. Lol!

And Hitler made the trains run on time. Huggins dismissal from Cincinnati should have ended his career. He should never have been admitted to any hall of fame.
You'll get no argument from me.
They should have made him pay for that table he crashed into in Vegas as well - while in a drunken stupor.

Reactions: greengeezer
Are you suggestiong MU beating wvu in basketball when they met in the tournament wouldn't be a bigger deal than in a regular season football game?
Given the programs, one having a poor history of the sport and the other having success by a far, useless, but successful drunk?
No I am not suggesting that. Read it again. You are apparently not reading anything I am saying and just reading the first 5 words and responding.

And Hitler made the trains run on time. Huggins dismissal from Cincinnati should have ended his career. He should never have been admitted to any hall of fame.
What kind of stupid comment is this. You sound like one of those guys who compared Trump to Hitler too. These are the kind of comments that make our fans look like jackasses, when in reality its only a minority of idiots, like yourself.

Reactions: Papillion
"Hello, I'm college sports. You must be new here..."
I am still missing your point- some Herd fans are more obsessed with beating and hating WVU than they are growing our program. I am starting to think you are one of them.

We have a good chance to win the SBC and get to the dance and you are on here whining about WVU. Stop. Please. Move. On.

What kind of stupid comment is this. You sound like one of those guys who compared Trump to Hitler too. These are the kind of comments that make our fans look like jackasses, when in reality its only a minority of idiots, like yourself.
You’re probably too dumb to understand the analogy. Not comparing Huggins to Hitler, only saying that just because you do one good thing - the poster said Huggins was a good coach - it doesn’t make up for all the bad you do. Just because Huggins can coach basketball, doesn’t erase his long history of problems with alcohol.

As far as fans go, I’m sure you are a Marshall super fan. How long have you been supporting the teams? Since high school or are you still enrolled there?

You’re probably too dumb to understand the analogy. Not comparing Huggins to Hitler, only saying that just because you do one good thing - the poster said Huggins was a good coach - it doesn’t make up for all the bad you do. Just because Huggins can coach basketball, doesn’t erase his long history of problems with alcohol.

As far as fans go, I’m sure you are a Marshall super fan. How long have you been supporting the teams? Since high school or are you still enrolled there?
I get the analogy you dumbass.. but referencing Hitler is ridiculous. It just makes our fanbase look stupid, like you are doing right now.

As far as rooting for Marshall, enrolled there in 1998. And I don't claim to be some amazing superfan, I am just tired of the douchebags that obsess about WVU more than they care about Marshall.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I get the analogy you dumbass.. but referencing Hitler is ridiculous. It just makes our fanbase look stupid, like you are doing right now.

As far as rooting for Marshall, enrolled there in 1998. And I don't claim to be some amazing superfan, I am just tired of the douchebags that obsess about WVU more than they care about Marshall.
Screw you. You’re just another Johnny-come-lately to this board that believes only his posts matter. You have already shown you have no reading comprehension, don’t embarrass yourself further by believing anything you say matters.

You say you “enrolled” in Marshall, but I doubt you graduated. The “Hitler made the trains run on time” reference is a common one that implies that just because a person does one good thing, it doesn’t make up for all the bad he did. Of course I doubt you stayed awake in any history class you took long enough to learn about that quote

• Haha
Reactions: FreddyReef
Screw you. You’re just another Johnny-come-lately to this board that believes only his posts matter. You have already shown you have no reading comprehension, don’t embarrass yourself further by believing anything you say matters.

You say you “enrolled” in Marshall, but I doubt you graduated. The “Hitler made the trains run on time” reference is a common one that implies that just because a person does one good thing, it doesn’t make up for all the bad he did. Of course I doubt you stayed awake in any history class you took long enough to learn about that quote
Geezer - You are outside your lane. Your strength does not include put downs & jabs at fellow Marshall fans. Any reference to Hitler is unnecessary & goes over most posters heads, since you are referencing someone from 80 years ago!
Why ? someone’s affinity for the Herd? We all are fanatics or we wouldn’t make the effort to engage in this forum. Just because you’re old doesn’t make you the grand poohbah on here!
If you step outside yourself, you will see how juvenile it looks.
Just sayin’ - WS

Reactions: CamJoanBaller

I graduated, but I don't need to justify myself to some washed up jackass that probably thinks hes a big deal because he donates to Big Green and hes some 73 year old has been.

I graduated, but I don't need to justify myself to some washed up jackass that probably thinks hes a big deal because he donates to Big Green and hes some 73 year old has been.
I understand you’re angry today. Pulling a double shift at the Dairy Queen can be upsetting so I’ll let it pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT