ADVERTISEMENT

I'm telling you guys. Huff just needs one more year.

Why are people so confident in this? And even if it does it's for one season then we're starting over yet again. We're not choosy enough with these guys. We never should have brought Colombi here. There were plenty of warning signs that he was not going to be successful here and before people get all over me for that comment we are looking for a guy that can win us a championship not get to a bowl game. Something Colombi is struggling to do.

I know we're going to bring in another one, but if we do there should be a very stringent set of criteria before offering them. No more journeyman backups. No more guys that never had any success.

It would be nice if we could pull a move like WKU did and bring in a new OC that brings his QB with him. Go to the FCS and see if you can get one of the top QBs.

Transfers looing for PT are almost always busts.

Also if neither Zamora, Harrison, or Pennington are worthy of playing by next season then it speaks volumes for Huff ability to evaluate and recruits QBs because he will be 0 for 3. I won't count Pennington because he's a legacy player, but he owns Zamora, Harrison, and Colombi.
I highly doubt Columbi was Huffs first or second choice. I have a feeling we settled on him when Huffs first choices went elsewhere

yep all of that is true. However Doc took over a program that had been 23-37 the previous 5 seasons. Huff took over for a team that had been in the conference title game with most of the players back. One took over a dumpster fire the other took over a program that kept sh&&&&& the bed every year and falling short of winning the title. Personally I am of the view we got to stay the course and live with our choice for at least one more year. Hopefully he grows into the job and he can bring in some staff that will help us accomplish what he was hired to do - win a conference title often.
Doc took over a bowl team as well. If Doc or Huff had to play Snyders schedules I highly doubt either would have lasted any longer than Snyder. jmo
Snyder wasn't ready to be an HC, and that didn't help.
The 2015 schedule was #138.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me with all of the recruiting don't we have enough players to change some of the persons.
Don't we have some other offensive linemen especially. Have time to find a offensive and line coach? look for a good recruiter and hire him so we can get the right personnel for next year.

Stupid comment

Screenshot_20221102_134133_Chrome-picsay.jpg

Neither of those two would take the Marshall job. Prime Time is going to end up with a P5 job, maybe back at LSU. Marshall is a step down from Liberty right now'(making $5 million a year) and Freeze is being mentioned for the Auburn job.
Once again my comment was in relation to the AUBURN job not the Marshall job

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT