ADVERTISEMENT

SOCCER Men’s soccer 2023

3-1 final score. Played down 2 men for the last 10 mins or so. Bell picked up a late red card near Coach Grassie, which apparently means he won’t be available when #5 UCF comes to town Saturday night.

Good point, muthed! I shoulda added “good guys” after 3-1!
Question: Bell gets a red card right in front of Grassie.
Another Herdman got a red / who?
Both will be unavailable for next match….correct?

The ref was a cvnt. JMU played chippy all night, but we were the ones getting carded. Not saying ours weren't deserved, mind you. Just would like to see consistency in how the match is officiated.
JMU went after the man and not the ball. Bunch of assholes. I guess Goddard and Bell are out for FUC and possibly Pasqual because of injury. Someone gonna have to step up.

I wish the local paper had better coverage of men’s soccer. They even have a special section devoted to it, but not much new info. You would have expected a story on the ascension to numero uno……

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I wish the local paper had better coverage of men’s soccer. They even have a special section devoted to it, but not much new info. You would have expected a story on the ascension to numero uno……
Agree. It's pretty bad. I think the HD has done a profile on every player on Irontons roster. Lol!
They could use that space for some men's soccer coverage.

Reactions: wvkeeper(HN)
So, #1 hosts #3 this Saturday. Bell & another of our guys sits out due to red cards. How do you that understand soccer see this one playing out?
Bell is tremendous, but we are probably deeper than any team in the country. Haven't heard if Garcia-Pascual is going to be back. If so, im pretty confident we win this at home, but I'd be okay with a draw.

Frankly, we are better than everyone. Probably one of the best college teams in many, many years. The only team that can beat us is us, which we can do (see the two red cards from last match).

So, #1 hosts #3 this Saturday. Bell & another of our guys sits out due to red cards. How do you that understand soccer see this one playing out?
It’ll be very, very interesting if Pascual is out (in addition to Bell and Goddard) to see what lineup Grassie opens up with. Like @ThunderCat98 said, we’re super deep and Grassie is as technically advanced as any coach in the county, so I’m confident we will play well. I personally think we could see Holmes at CDM with Taimu playing more of the CAM like Bell usually does. Pablo could play there, too.

I will be honest, my knowledge of the schematic side of soccer is novice level, but I can say with a fair amount of confidence that Bell is the best player we have ever had... The kid just moves different. You watch him and it looks like watching guys playing in major pro games. Speed, agility, field sense, etc.

He will be a big loss... Hopefully our depth is as good as advertised and we get another top-10 win.

It’ll be very, very interesting if Pascual is out (in addition to Bell and Goddard) to see what lineup Grassie opens up with. Like @ThunderCat98 said, we’re super deep and Grassie is as technically advanced as any coach in the county, so I’m confident we will play well. I personally think we could see Holmes at CDM with Taimu playing more of the CAM like Bell usually does. Pablo could play there, too.
The saving grace is, Grassie knows what the situation is and we've had a week to adjust and get guys in the right spots for Saturday. If ever we needed a week between games, this is it. Gotta win this game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT