ADVERTISEMENT

My challenge to anyone still behind Doc

Have you seen the level of the players we recruit at the TE and Safety positions?
I just said all we needed to do was bring him as a walkon. I mean Jeff Casteel wanted him so what does it hurt to offer him a walkon slot

Josh, Any possible news on Collier from Beckley or Hesen from Martinsburg. both have tons of potential?

None. I was told that Collier’s only interest is coming from EKU. “No schools have been talking to him except EKU. He’s waiting on his grades to come out on the 11th.”

I just said all we needed to do was bring him as a walkon. I mean Jeff Casteel wanted him so what does it hurt to offer him a walkon slot
If we aren't going to offer at QB, I can see a preferred walk-on spot being offered by us. We usually don't hear about those offers until close to signing day or after signing day as well.

Josh, Any possible news on Collier from Beckley or Hesen from Martinsburg. both have tons of potential?
Josh

I was just told that Tyson Bagent completed 73% of his passes this year which puts him top 5 in the country

Josh

I was just told that Tyson Bagent completed 73% of his passes this year which puts him top 5 in the country

I would like to have that kid in our camp. He reminds me of the ODU QB from a few years ago who now plays for the Colts.

ODU needs all the help it can get at QB as their recruiting of that position has been terrible since moving to FBS.

Other than Cato, Doc hasn't exactly lit it up. Unfortunately. Hopefully Green will be our next great QB.

Other than Cato, Doc hasn't exactly lit it up. Unfortunately. Hopefully Green will be our next great QB.
We have actually recruited the position pretty well as the QBs that have left after not winning the starting jobs have gone on to be starters for other programs. Green looks to be the real deal, Morrell should at least be a solid backup, and the Underwood kid in the 2019 class could turn out to be a very good one if we hold onto him as well.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
We have actually recruited the position pretty well as the QBs that have left after not winning the starting jobs have gone on to be starters for other programs. Green looks to be the real deal, Morrell should at least be a solid backup, and the Underwood kid in the 2019 class could turn out to be a very good one if we hold onto him as well.

Hope you are right on Green, PD.
I know the reports on him out of camp were very encouraging.

No offense but this comment about kids transferring out and starting some place seems odd. If they were so darn good then why are we stuck with a social misfit in Chase Litton.

No offense but this comment about kids transferring out and starting some place seems odd. If they were so darn good then why are we stuck with a social misfit in Chase Litton.

They aren't kids, they're adults. You think Marshall is the only place where good players transfer out? Look anywhere else in college football, it happens everywhere.
As for Litton, there's a certain expectation that he would be the starter if he could grasp the concepts of the offense, he's done that, thus he is the starter for now.
Hell, his position was up for grabs at the offseason of last year. He had to prove he could do this, again, and showed it enough to be the starter this year.

They aren't kids, they're adults. You think Marshall is the only place where good players transfer out? Look anywhere else in college football, it happens everywhere.
As for Litton, there's a certain expectation that he would be the starter if he could grasp the concepts of the offense, he's done that, thus he is the starter for now.
Hell, his position was up for grabs at the offseason of last year. He had to prove he could do this, again, and showed it enough to be the starter this year.

Which doesn't say a hell of a lot about this staffs ability to recruit good QB's and their ability to develop them once on campus.
I expected more from a 3 year starter.

Which doesn't say a hell of a lot about this staffs ability to recruit good QB's and their ability to develop them once on campus.
I expected more from a 3 year starter.

If you're expecting a heisman trophy candidate, you're not looking in the right spot. I see someone who still has flaws he shouldn't and QB mechanics that need attention for sure.
But I also see someone who essentially had lost the team a year before, had a ton of personal problems that were a poison to the team as well, and frankly, didn't seem to care. However, he turned all of that around in a year and made improvements on himself and his attitude. The team followed and it showed in just how they looked when they played...laughing, joking, high fiving, congratulating each other on plays.
Far from 2016 in my mind, but that's just me.

If you're expecting a heisman trophy candidate, you're not looking in the right spot. I see someone who still has flaws he shouldn't and QB mechanics that need attention for sure.
But I also see someone who essentially had lost the team a year before, had a ton of personal problems that were a poison to the team as well, and frankly, didn't seem to care. However, he turned all of that around in a year and made improvements on himself and his attitude. The team followed and it showed in just how they looked when they played...laughing, joking, high fiving, congratulating each other on plays.
Doc should have kept Birdsong in the program last season.

ODU needs all the help it can get at QB as their recruiting of that position has been terrible since moving to FBS.

Want to add toughness to your football team then this guys son would be it. This first part of this video gets me jacked every time I watch. enjoy!

Doc should have kept Birdsong in the program last season.

Birdsong was injured...he got injured in the Purdue game and it really showed against OU. He was big, could run, and had a decent arm but he wasn't going to finish the season. Litton came in and was pretty good when he took over.

Birdsong was injured...he got injured in the Purdue game and it really showed against OU. He was big, could run, and had a decent arm but he wasn't going to finish the season. Litton came in and was pretty good when he took over.
sure, but not last year. Birdsong would have helped. At least been competition for Litton and forced him to stay focused

sure, but not last year. Birdsong would have helped. At least been competition for Litton and forced him to stay focused

I don't think Birdsong had the eligibility left to do so. Plus we got a QB to put pressure on Litton, and also, of course, Litton put pressure on himself.

I don't think Birdsong had the eligibility left to do so. Plus we got a QB to put pressure on Litton, and also, of course, Litton put pressure on himself.
Birdsong transferred to another school. Litton was a mess last year and had no busy playing with the problems he had. We could have used Birdsong to come in and show some senior leadership

Reactions: pdbailey

The kid and team made strides but having 10 turnovers in the last 5 games signals to me, we need a new QB. For a three year starter, the overall body of work wasn't what we needed. If Legg continues as OC for 2018, we better hope Green comes in and wins the job. Chase will not run and that is a must for our QB. Square peg, round hole.

I didn't see much high fiving or joking the last two games. I saw a pissed Yuracheck.

There was a lot of bad blood between yurachek and Chase last year I think it got a little bit better since they became roommates this year but I'm sure all that is just a way to try and mend

No. Last year, I had a top ten in the country in FCS. This year, it’s #1 in my FBS conference.

Speaking of FCS, maybe you should tell your family (the Bagents) about that.
not my family and btw he was just given the WV Gatorade Player of the year award with official visits setup for ODU and FAU before Christmas, plus gaining interest from Maryland.

I think Chase made major strides (off the field) this year. I was not in his corner in 2016 if the reports about him were true. I support granting folks a few 'new" chances to improve and make something good of themselves. God is a forgiving God...so we should be too...just my opinion.

Zilla22...GO PANTHERS

The kid and team made strides but having 10 turnovers in the last 5 games signals to me, we need a new QB. For a three year starter, the overall body of work wasn't what we needed. If Legg continues as OC for 2018, we better hope Green comes in and wins the job. Chase will not run and that is a must for our QB. Square peg, round hole.

I didn't see much high fiving or joking the last two games. I saw a pissed Yuracheck.

You said something that I wonder about myself with Litton.
When Cato was QB, he ran, often. Most of the time it was the last option he had or he just took advantage. However, obviously, some plays were designed for him to run initially.
How many plays does Chase have where running is an option but he doesn't? If there were plays where he was supposed to run but doesn't, then blame should fall on Litton and he should be benched for that.
As far as high fiving and being optimistic, overall in the season I have seen it more than last year. Also, during those last 2 games, I saw encouragement amongst the sidelines.

You said something that I wonder about myself with Litton.
When Cato was QB, he ran, often. Most of the time it was the last option he had or he just took advantage. However, obviously, some plays were designed for him to run initially.
How many plays does Chase have where running is an option but he doesn't? If there were plays where he was supposed to run but doesn't, then blame should fall on Litton and he should be benched for that.
As far as high fiving and being optimistic, overall in the season I have seen it more than last year. Also, during those last 2 games, I saw encouragement amongst the sidelines.

I'd say every handoff Chase has the option to keep based on what he sees/reads. He is a pure pocket guy. And some of the blame rests on Legg, no question. But into year 3, Chase, like Cato did, needs to tuck it and run once in a while to at least keep the defense from keying on our RB;s. The fact that most defenses know Chase is no threat to run and they can pursue King and Davis without hesitation is a testament to our OL and backs, that we gain any positive yardage at all. jmo

Yeah, I'll agree the mood was better this year.

I'd say every handoff Chase has the option to keep based on what he sees/reads. He is a pure pocket guy. And some of the blame rests on Legg, no question. But into year 3, Chase, like Cato did, needs to tuck it and run once in a while to at least keep the defense from keying on our RB;s. The fact that most defenses know Chase is no threat to run and they can pursue King and Davis without hesitation is a testament to our OL and backs, that we gain any positive yardage at all. jmo

Yeah, I'll agree the mood was better this year.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Litton run alot in his freshman year? That hit from Akron however, seems to have really rattled his confidence with running.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
If I'm not mistaken, didn't Litton run alot in his freshman year? That hit from Akron however, seems to have really rattled his confidence with running.

I don't think he did. The hit was vicious but kids take those kinds of hits every game and have to bounce back. I don't think Chase is mentally tough and I wonder about his ability to handle all the duties of the top notch QB - more on the mental side more than physical.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT