ADVERTISEMENT

New ESPN bracketology... 2 CUSA teams in

Marshall will have to win the conference tournament to get in the NCAA tournament. I don't see any way around that. I think they could win every game from here on and then lose in the conference tournament finals and they still wouldn't get in. Finally, this team will have to prove it can win on the road and win in a tournament situation. I still have my doubts about going through a tournament and taking it.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
My impression of Sam's posts:

Blather, blather, blather..blub, blather, I am an old curmudgeon beaten down by life so I am going to be negative, blubber, blather, but I love to say "lather, rinse, repeat" because I think I am cool, blubber, blather..

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I understand the frustration of not being in the NCAA tournament in 30 years, but I don’t understand why that has to be such a sticking point.

1) When is the last time we’ve had 3 consecutive seasons where 20 wins and finishing in the top 4 of our conference was a real possibility?

2) How can you look at where we were at when Dan took over, look at where we’re at now, have zero fear of losing him like we did with DJ (and what did he win?), and not think we’ve got the right guy in place to get the b-ball program off the ground?

3) If you want to post about how bad we were in November by losing to Moorehead and Illinois like we did, but not recognize we were a team who lost 80% of our starters from last season, were playing a bunch of freshmen for the first time, and were without our current 6th man (Rondale Watson); I’m not sure you can call yourself a “realist.” We’re head and shoulders above where we were then. I don’t know why that progress doesn’t excite. There were times last night when we had 3 freshmen on the floor and they were holding their own vs UAB...after beating MTSU...and taking ODU to the wire on the road without Penava/George.

But if you want to focus on what has happened the 25 years before Dantoni arrived, have at it. Just please don’t call yourself a realist while the rest is being delusional when the excitement is based around the progress that’s being made, NOT banking on this team breaking the 30 year streak in a season after losing 80% of our starters. Most who follow the program, and are excited about what we see, know its “win in Frisco or bust” when it comes to the postseason this year.

Last edited:
I understand the frustration of not being in the NCAA tournament in 30 years, but I don’t understand why that has to be such a sticking point.

1) When is the last time we’ve had 3 consecutive seasons where 20 wins and finishing in the top 4 of our conference was a real possibility?

2) How can you look at where we were at when Dan took over, look at where we’re at now, and have zero fear of losing him like we did with DJ (and what did he win?)

3) If you want to post about how bad we were in November by losing to Moorehead and Illinois like we did, but not recognize we were a team who lost 80% of our starters from last season, were playing a bunch of freshmen for the first time, and were without our current 6th man (Rondale Watson); I’m not sure you can call yourself a “realist.” We’re head and shoulders above where we were then. I don’t know why that progress doesn’t excite. There were times last night when we had 3 freshmen on the floor and they were holding their own vs UAB...after beating MTSU...and taking ODU to the wire on the road without Penava/George.

But if you want to focus on what has happened the 25 years before Dantoni arrived, have at it. Just please don’t call yourself a realist while the rest is being delusional when the excitement is based around the progress that’s being made, NOT banking on this team breaking the 30 year streak in a season after losing 80% of our starters. Most who follow the program, and are excited about what we see, know its “win in Frisco or bust” when it comes to the postseason this year.

And boom goes the dynamite.

So Sam, still sticking with your expert 15-15 prediction?

15-15, well, the team has SLIGHTLY over-achieved, by MU/CUSA standards, but 15-15 or 18-13, or even 20-10 comes out to the same thing.

I guess it depends on one's expectations. Zero tournaments, over a period where more than half of the division has made the tournament, is such a "high expectation". Not. It is called "winning".

OK, if you just do not care if we win or not, it is just some kind "fun" thing, then I get that. Really, I do.

But what I don't get is all the delusion. If you goal is just having "fun" then great. But do not pretend, or actually believe, that anything more than what we have seen for 30 years is ever going to happen.

If you like pro wrestling, great. It can be "fun", but do not embarrass yourself by pretending it is real.

Got it, 20 wins versus randos is enough for you. Finishing 4th in a football league where half the teams make no effort at basketball is good enough. As long as it if "fun".

2) How can you look at where we were at when Dan took over, look at where we’re at now, and have zero fear of losing him like we did with DJ (and what did he win?)

When Dan got here we were not making NCAAs or NITs. Still aren't. As to the idea that we should be fearful that Dan ever leaves, this is his retirement hobby. He will never leave.

3) If you want to post about how bad we were in November by losing to Moorehead and Illinois like we did (bunch of excuses)

NOVEMBER? The cold douche of R E A L I T Y was applied by first, WKU and then ODU within the last 14 days. More to come.

But if you are happy with 20 cupcake wins, and 4th in a conference, as long as it is "fun", then by all means, have at it.

At Marshall, we play for fun, 4th or 5th, and .666 or so records against randos.

"NOT banking on this team breaking the 30 year streak" "Win in Frisco or bust".

Lose the looney delusion that "progress is being made" and welcome to the brotherhood of realists.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
15-15, well, the team has SLIGHTLY over-achieved, by MU/CUSA standards, but 15-15 or 18-13, or even 20-10 comes out to the same thing.

I guess it depends on one's expectations. Zero tournaments, over a period where more than half of the division has made the tournament, is such a "high expectation". Not. It is called "winning".

OK, if you just do not care if we win or not, it is just some kind "fun" thing, then I get that. Really, I do.

But what I don't get is all the delusion. If you goal is just having "fun" then great. But do not pretend, or actually believe, that anything more than what we have seen for 30 years is ever going to happen.

If you like pro wrestling, great. It can be "fun", but do not embarrass yourself by pretending it is real.

Got it, 20 wins versus randos is enough for you. Finishing 4th in a football league where half the teams make no effort at basketball is good enough. As long as it if "fun".

When Dan got here we were not making NCAAs or NITs. Still aren't. As to the idea that we should be fearful that Dan ever leaves, this is his retirement hobby. He will never leave.

NOVEMBER? The cold douche of R E A L I T Y was applied by first, WKU and then ODU within the last 14 days. More to come.

But if you are happy with 20 cupcake wins, and 4th in a conference, as long as it is "fun", then by all means, have at it.

At Marshall, we play for fun, 4th or 5th, and .666 or so records against randos.

Lose the looney delusion that "progress is being made" and welcome to the brotherhood of realists.
You don’t get in the top 100 RPI with a 13-6 record by beating nobody, Mr Realist.

Our SOS is ranked in the top half of college basketball, Mr Realist.

We’ve lost to only 2 teams outside of the top 100 RPI (Moorehead & Illinois) and both of those were in November, when we were playing a bunch of freshmen getting their first look at D1 Basketball and Rondale Watson hadn’t arrived yet.

Last edited:

Also, I’d argue that MTSU, UAB, WKU, and ODU take basketball much more seriously than they do football. So you’ll have to come up with something else, Mr Realist.

Sam and Pullman, you can't be pleased and you should be disregarded on this board regarding the basketball team.

Your premise is that we aren't even competing to be in the tournament and aren't growing the program to compete in that fashion year after year. Facts disagree. We made the championship game last season and just knocked off two of the top teams in the conference this past week. Your best points are just that you're annoying. Marshall CANNOT take a fast approach to success, we do not have the resources necessary. Dan is doing this correctly, not perfectly, but correctly.

You're so entrenched into your own stupidity that you can't peak up and see that 14-6, a top 50 win, 5-2 in conference, narrow loss to a top 10 on the road, etc can all be viewed as obvious success and a step in the right direction

This is the thing that I find funny about Sam and others who criticize basketball but feels football is amazing. The same expectations of our basketball team he doesn’t hold for our football team. Yet daily he tells us how our football team meets his expectations.

So let’s look at this in basketball we are in and have been for my entire life and I am 50 in a predominantly 1 bid league. Whether it was the first time MAC, Southern Conference, 2nd time MAC, CUSA 1.0 or CUSA 2.0 the overwhelming majority of those years our conference sent 1 team to the NCAAs. So in order to make the only post season that means anything in college basketball we would have had to have won our conference. Even more narrowed down we would have had to have won our conference tournament. So literally the only way Marshall basketball in the last 30 years since we last made it would have been to be top of our conference.

So your biggest problem with Marshall basketball is we haven’t won our conference to get into meaningful post season game.

Yet you laud our football team who has tons of opportunity to play post season games even if they are mediocre. During the Holiday era Marshall has played in exactly one bowl game that meets the conditions of the basketball team which is being the overall conference champion. Every bowl game that we have played in our history have been the equivalent of the basketball play in tournaments. New Mexico Bowl, Beef O’Bradys Bowl etc etc etc. All of these bowls are the equivalent of the CIB basketball tournament. Nobody outside of the fan bases of the teams care.

Yet even with that Coach Holiday is about to start year number 9. By the way in year 7 he went 3-9 and in year 8 he went 8-5 for a whopping 11-14 during that time. Which means his 2 year record with nothing but his players is below 500.

This is Danny’s 4th year, he won more games his second year from first, and again in his 3rd year from the second. In this his 4 th year barring significant injuries we should win more this year too. Also in year 2 and 3 he lost in the semi finals and then the finals last year of the conference tournament. Did I mention both years the team that beat us, MTSU, went to the NCAA tournament and made it to the round of 32.

So in 3 years he had us at the precipice of winning the conference tournament and going to the NCAA tournament which we acknowledge is the only post season tournament that matters and in year 4 he replaced much of the scoring from last year and is looking as if we are going to contend for the CUSA title this year after beating UAB and MTSU.

Until you have the same standards for Doc don’t give me that different standards for Dan vs Doc BS.

Little known fact- 15-15 and 20-10 will result in the same postseason...

Which apparently Sam said something similar above, so I apologize for responding before I saw it.

Also someone mentioned why making the tournament shouldn’t be the only gage of success- that would be a valid point if we EVER made the tournament. It’s basically what a fan of a bad program says to try to justify mediocrity.

Which apparently Sam said something similar above, so I apologize for responding before I saw it.

Also someone mentioned why making the tournament shouldn’t be the only gage of success- that would be a valid point if we EVER made the tournament. It’s basically what a fan of a bad program says to try to justify mediocrity.
What most fans, that are attending games, are observing is not mediocre.
We are observing a very solid program being built by a coach that is passionate about Marshall. I’m so sorry the negative posters are missing out on all the fun. This years team will continue to improve and next year, with the addition of Dillon, Bennett, Cook, and the young man from Lucasville, Ohio, to the great players returning, will provide all the Marshall and Huntington community with a very special year. D’Antoni is doing an outstanding job. I and the folks attending games are being treated with a well coached, disciplined team, likeable players and coaches, and great entertainment.

What most fans, that are attending games, are observing is not mediocre.
We are observing a very solid program being built by a coach that is passionate about Marshall. I’m so sorry the negative posters are missing out on all the fun. This years team will continue to improve and next year, with the addition of Dillon, Bennett, Cook, and the young man from Lucasville, Ohio, to the great players returning, will provide all the Marshall and Huntington community with a very special year. D’Antoni is doing an outstanding job. I and the folks attending games are being treated with a well coached, disciplined team, likeable players and coaches, and great entertainment.

Look I don’t doubt any of what you’re saying- and I’ve watched them play multiple times. The point is I’ve heard this bedtime story a LOT over the years and it hasn’t come to fruition once. So that’s nice we’re ‘building’. How about finishing a product off ONE time

The one thing I've learned about "realists" is that they are *always* negative, miserable people who put on their party hats only when they get to celebrate their own predictions of futility or mediocrity coming true. This board can always be counted on to reinforce that lesson.

I'm going to sit back and enjoy the ride with this team as I do every year. There's a good chance our season will eventually end with a disappointing loss, whether it's in our conference tournament or one that comes after. Until then, I'll keep hoping for yet another game to cheer on the Herd while the "realists" hope for nothing more than validation of their "realism".

Little known fact- 15-15 and 20-10 will result in the same postseason...
You missed the point. The self proclaimed realist on this board predicted 15-15. For that to happen we will only win one more game this season. You hope for that? By the way what year did you graduate from Marshall? I may know you.

You missed the point. The self proclaimed realist on this board predicted 15-15. For that to happen we will only win one more game this season. You hope for that? By the way what year did you graduate from Marshall? I may know you.

Of course i don’t hope for that. What Id like is to make the tournament ONE time. ONCE! I’m tired of new coaches every 5 years, lowered expectations because of lack of success, being thrilled about an overtime home win over Alabama Birmingham, and being content having in state players what we tout to replace touting success. Just make it the GD tourney one time. Most other programs can at do that every 30 years

Last edited:
Reactions: The Real SamC
Of course i don’t hope for that. What Id like is to make the tournament ONE time. ONCE! I’m tired of new coaches every 5 years, lowered expectations because of lack of success, being thrilled about an overtime home win over Alabama Birmingham, and being content having in state players what we tout to replace touting success. Just make it the GD tourney one time. Most other programs can at do that every 30 years

Pullman, we aren't thrilled over one win. We are excited about our program because, in a "down" year, we are 14-6 and have beaten a top 40 team MTSU and UAB back to back, preseason conference favorites.

Reactions: kdbherdon
Pullman, we aren't thrilled over one win. We are excited about our program because, in a "down" year, we are 14-6 and have beaten a top 40 team MTSU and UAB back to back, preseason conference favorites.

Yes and that’s great, and let’s keep it rolling. And it will mean nothing if we lose (again) in the CUSA tournament. And for the record I would be very encouraged by the success this year if it is supposed to be as you say a ‘down year’ If in the ‘up year’ we EVER made the tournament.

That’s my point- it has now become lowered expectations of success because success never happened.

Your expectations are unreasonable. Donnie left, Herrion crushed us. Dan is building us up for the long haul. This is a new program. We can't be focused on not making the tournament. Dan had us one win away last year. The likelihood that we make the tournament out of CUSA is very low each year but it is getting higher. Even if we go 15-2 in conference in a given season and lose in the CUSA tournament we probably still would only hope to see the NIT. I don't see the negativity as realistic though, we were a good shooting night away from March madness just last year

Being content having in-state players? Elmore and Burks are two of the highest scoring players in the country. Jarrod West will probably be on the freshman all-conference team. Do you honestly think we could find a better sixth man out of state than Rondale Watson? You going to be against 6’10 Levi Cook playing next year too?

Our best players are in-state and we’re competing for conference titles. I’d argue that we would have been much better under DJ & Herrion if they gave more guys a chance. Some of the in-state kids we’ve missed out on under Dantoni are playing at wvu, Davidson, and Florida. Remember when the kid from GW went to Charlotte and beat Herrion’s ass every time we played them? Clemson’s best player (Grantham) is from WV.

So what's your solution except to bitch and complain? And what year did you graduate from MU?

There are 351 (up nearly 100 since the ancient times when MU actually devoted the resources to basketball that are necessary to actually WIN) teams in Division I. Of which at least 80 are in ridiculous gym based bus leagues that are kidding themselves by being Div I, and another 100 or so are in leagues like the SoCon, MAC, or CUSA that are solid one-bid leagues. Despite that, almost half of the division has made the tournament at least once in the last 30 years. MU has not.

And now we have the obscene idea that 13-6, against a schedule lighter than air, moral victories (AKA losses), a lucky streak in a conference tournament or two, and not sucking as bad as we sucked previously is "not mediocre".

It is mediocre.

That is what it is. Mediocre. .666 ball. Playing randos and, apparently, totally ignoring the results every time we play a team with a pulse.

This is the buy-in necessary for MU basketball fandom, c.2018. ACCEPTING that the team will NEVER contend, and DELUDING oneself into believing that what one is seeing is "fun" and ignoring the scoreboard when it does not go our way. PRETENDING that the pot of gold is just over the next hill, or the next, or the next.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
Depends on how you define the problem.

If we actually want to win, then we need to look at the programs that have actually made it work in CUSA and similar leagues. Basketball starts and ends with recruiting. Make Marshall a place that a kid with mid-major talent (and no particular attachment to WV/tri-state/Marshall) would wish to attend over the other 100 or so options he might have. A lot of that starts with arena upgrades and travel upgrades.

If however we are happy with .666 against nothing and "get hot in the conference tournament and who knows" then it is on us, the fan base. STOP it already. We are making ourselves look foolish with the green-colored glasses delusional idiocy that gets posted here, and elsewhere, which touts wins and ignores assreaming losses. ACCEPT that the goal is "fun" and be happy with 5K on a good night, TV a few times a year, and a fan base average age that rivals Murder She Wrote or Matlock reruns. Stop saying stupid **** which only makes us look worse than a token basketball effort already does.

Go Herd.

If we actually want to win, then we need to look at the programs that have actually made it work in CUSA and similar leagues. Basketball starts and ends with recruiting. Make Marshall a place that a kid with mid-major talent (and no particular attachment to WV/tri-state/Marshall) would wish to attend over the other 100 or so options he might have. A lot of that starts with arena upgrades and travel upgrades.

If however we are happy with .666 against nothing and "get hot in the conference tournament and who knows" then it is on us, the fan base. STOP it already. We are making ourselves look foolish with the green-colored glasses delusional idiocy that gets posted here, and elsewhere, which touts wins and ignores assreaming losses. ACCEPT that the goal is "fun" and be happy with 5K on a good night, TV a few times a year, and a fan base average age that rivals Murder She Wrote or Matlock reruns. Stop saying stupid **** which only makes us look worse than a token basketball effort already does.

Go Herd.

How can you tell people to stop saying "stupid ****" when that's all you post?

If you don't like people enjoying themselves at basketball games or talking about Marshall basketball in a positive way, there are 350 other schools you can go follow. Choose one of them and piss off.

Go Herd.

So your solution is to recruit like the team we beat last Thursday and raise more money?

We need to recruit players that lead the conference in ppg and assists and blocks, right?

Wonder if Dan knows about this?

Go Herd.
Want to be like MTSU? If we look at the MTSU model, it will take us 10 years to make the NCAA tournament. Dantoni is in year 5, so he only needs 5 more years to be Kermit Davis.

Also, what types of recruits do we need to go after to get better than the leading shot blocker in the country? A PG who is one of the leading scorers in the country and also 5th in assists. Our two-guard is also one of the top scorers in the country. We’ve got a uniquely athletic big man sitting out who will be a force as soon as he steps on the floor next year...and we’ve also got another 6’10 guy sitting out in Levi Cook. What about our freshmen? Don’t think Jarrod West holds his own? Go ask every PG he’s guarded how tough he is. Don’t think Jannson Williams & Darius George are contributing at a pretty high level right now...even after George sat out a month with a broken foot?

You missing the Justin Coleman’s, Elijah Pittman’s, Deandre Kane’s, and whatever that PG’s name was who transfered to Auburn? I sure miss the success we had with that trash.

So what's your solution except to bitch and complain? And what year did you graduate from MU?

And I’m not complaining about our players- I’m saying because we have in state guys that has become a satisfactory alternative to high expectations. "Well we aren't going to have a very high ceiling, so let's make sure we have local players"

Someone said unreasonable expectations. Unreasonable to make the tournament once every THIRTY YEARS?!! Yeah that’s just delusions of graduer

Your expectations are unreasonable. Donnie left, Herrion crushed us. Dan is building us up for the long haul. This is a new program. We can't be focused on not making the tournament. Dan had us one win away last year. The likelihood that we make the tournament out of CUSA is very low each year but it is getting higher. Even if we go 15-2 in conference in a given season and lose in the CUSA tournament we probably still would only hope to see the NIT. I don't see the negativity as realistic though, we were a good shooting night away from March madness just last year

This is partially true. Going 15-2 or 14-3 in CUSA would in fact get us in with higher profile Non Conference wins. For instance beating Xavier, not losing to Morehead, not losing to W&M... then those CUSA amazing records might actually come into play.

Go Herd.

STUPID Sam...enough of your BS remarks.....you may think you are entertaining....guess what=====NOT.

About 7,000 folks came to The Cam Saturday evening to witness another HERD basketball VICTORY, 86-78 over UAB following a huge win over then undefeated (in CUSA play)...MTSU on Thursday night, 73-63---a team that had won 15 consecutive CUSA games! However, you continue to belittle Head Coach Dan D'Antoni, his capable staff and more importantly his players. ENOUGH OF YOUR BS======ENOUGH!

Marshall currently rests at 14-6; 5-2 and only ONE GAME from being tied at the top.
Yet, their efforts do not merit with you?

ARENA UPGRADES & TRAVEL UPGRADES.
You should address that with AD, Mike Hamrick. This is not in Dan's job description. He is paid to upgrade our basketball program and he is doing a Hell of a Job to date. Because of a lack of funding for basketball...Dan has taken money out of his own pocket to have hats & shirts made for our basketball program---thus, signifying Marshall also represents the state of West Virginia, with the outline of our great state.. All you had to do was visit our campus bookstore.....lots of football, tennis, baseball, & even medical shirts. But nothing related to basketball. Deplorable!

You may continue to mutter your negative BS to whom ever wants to listen. We are tired of your negative "jealous shit" and I am putting you on "alert"....enough is enough! You have battles with our Mods (especially Josh) daily.....and if I were a Mod...your ass would have been aborted long ago!

Bring on The HERD....

Zilla22 in Charlotte

Last edited:
Reactions: kdbherdon

Go Herd.
A new fundraising campaign will be announced in the near future per John Sutherland of the Big Green. He told us that basketball will be the biggest recipient. Danny has told us all the upgrades he wants and I'm sure Sutherland is aware of that too.
As for travel. We now take charter flights to all CUSA games except to WKU which is a bus trip.
If you want to raise your BG donation, I'm sure it will be appreciated by all concerned.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
This is partially true. Going 15-2 or 14-3 in CUSA would in fact get us in with higher profile Non Conference wins. For instance beating Xavier, not losing to Morehead, not losing to W&M... then those CUSA amazing records might actually come into play.
Just for future reference, the Illinois loss was worse than the William and Mary loss. I know you probably think that was a bad loss, but that they’re actually a pretty good team. To put them in the same category as Moorehead is laughable.

Being content having in-state players? Elmore and Burks are two of the highest scoring players in the country. Jarrod West will probably be on the freshman all-conference team. Do you honestly think we could find a better sixth man out of state than Rondale Watson? You going to be against 6’10 Levi Cook playing next year too?

Our best players are in-state and we’re competing for conference titles. I’d argue that we would have been much better under DJ & Herrion if they gave more guys a chance. Some of the in-state kids we’ve missed out on under Dantoni are playing at wvu, Davidson, and Florida. Remember when the kid from GW went to Charlotte and beat Herrion’s ass every time we played them? Clemson’s best player (Grantham) is from WV.

Sadly the young man at Clemson career has ended with a knee injury.
Huge loss for CU

Pullman - please. You & Sam are absolutely complaining about the players on this team! It is idiocy to state otherwise. You both apparently have an axe to grind - You either didn't like it when the AD decided to go with a Alum who has a wealth of head coaching experience & was a great player in his own right, probably because he didn't fit your idea of the process used to decide on the head guy, or it is frustrating you to the end of the earth that the script isn't going to plan. You constantly use your ultimate argument that we haven't made the NCAA's in 30years, and yet when the basketball team does well, the Bison has your tongue & your fingers can't tap out a simple positive post containing the words "good" "win" "great" "effort" "exciting" "atmosphere" "solid" "performance" "quality" "positive" "attitude" "Peneva" "shot blocker" "Go Herd!". Like the other poster stated if you don't like the direction the basketball team is headed, you are under no obligation to follow them. As Sam states, there are a lot of programs out there that "do it the right way" put a lot of $$$ resources into salaries, facilities & have storied histories. Sorry Sam says "We are......Marshall!" But his comments are decidedly opposite of the entire premise of the sentiment. You are indefatigable (never thought I would type that word on here!) and both are lost causes.

Go HERD!!! (& I mean it)
WS

Reactions: herd4life5 (HN)
Just for future reference, the Illinois loss was worse than the William and Mary loss. I know you probably think that was a bad loss, but that they’re actually a pretty good team. To put them in the same category as Moorehead is laughable.

I'm not putting them in any category other than the "if you lose to these teams you are never going to get an at large bid" category. And for one time in 30 years I would like to be in that category. We never win big games, EVER. What is our biggest win the last decade- WVU in Charleston? Some of you would say our biggest wins are actually formidable losses.

Pullman - please. You & Sam are absolutely complaining about the players on this team! It is idiocy to state otherwise. You both apparently have an axe to grind - You either didn't like it when the AD decided to go with a Alum who has a wealth of head coaching experience & was a great player in his own right, probably because he didn't fit you idea of the process used to decide on the head guy, or it is frustrating you to the end of the earth that the script isn't going to plan. You constantly use your ultimate argument that we haven't made the NCAA's in 30years, and yet when the basketball team does well, the Bison has your tongue & your fingers can't tap out a simple positive post containing the words "good" "win" "great" "effort" "exciting" "atmosphere" "solid" "performance" "quality" "positive" "attitude" "Peneva" "shot blocker" "Go Herd!". Like the other poster stated if you don't like the direction the basketball team is headed, you are under no obligation to follow them. As Sam states, there are a lot of programs out there that "do it the right way" put a lot of $$$ resources into salaries, facilities & have storied histories. Sorry Sam says "We are......Marshall!" But his comments are decidedly opposite of the entire premise of the sentiment. You are indefatigable (never thought I would type that word on here!) and both are lost causes.

Go HERD!!! (& I mean it)
WS

I havent once complained about the players. I AM however complaining about fans who think we are 'on the rise' because we have beaten a few decent CUSA teams (in the same season we lost to Morehead ****ing state). I think our players are actually doing very well (minus the laughable defense 33% of games that will end up costing us one in the CUSA tourney). I AM complaining that DD is a hero to a couple people on here like somehow he is the next Sean Miller or Chris Beard. My point is simply this- PROVE IT

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT