ADVERTISEMENT

New ESPN bracketology... 2 CUSA teams in

I think we’re having a better year than expected, no question. I guess I just don’t share the same enthusiasm of Herd Zilla who thinks DD is God and does no wrong.

Pullman[MIDDLE Finger]....I question my sanity to even reply to you.

"I do not think that Dan is God or walks on water...nor does he do no wrong." It's JEALOUS haters like you that need to stay away from The Cam and let the ones that recognize the PROGRESS being made enjoy the games and cheer on Marshall.

MARSHALL does not need your kind.........

Zilla22 (G Sweeney) in Charlotte

Pullman[MIDDLE Finger]....I question my sanity to even reply to you.

"I do not think that Dan is God or walks on water...nor does he do no wrong." It's JEALOUS haters like you that need to stay away from The Cam and let the ones that recognize the PROGRESS being made enjoy the games and cheer on Marshall.

MARSHALL does not need your kind.........

Zilla22 (G Sweeney) in Charlotte
Well stated, Mr. Sweeney. Pully is only here masquerading as a Herd fan, while spending 24/7 taking back handed stabs at the Herd. I'm guessing he's a lonely little fellow.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Well stated, Mr. Sweeney. Pully is only here masquerading as a Herd fan, while spending 24/7 taking back handed stabs at the Herd. I'm guessing he's a lonely little fellow.

I love when you two suck each other off... nothing like two old geezers kicking back before their 10:00 lunch talking about old times when people cared about their opinions

I love when you two suck each other off... nothing like two old geezers kicking back before their 10:00 lunch talking about old times when people cared about their opinions

HA HA HA HA HA HO HO HO---LOL........Pullman your one queer sounding person!

Zilla22 (Sweeney) in Charlotte

The only way this thread should not be locked is if the personal attacks stop. Coming back to the OP premise: We are still a one bid league. What do you think about the proposal that the conference is considering? I am copying the explanation provided by Herdmeister in another thread:

Here is what is being proposed. Go to a 20 game conference schedule. When the schedules are released you will see only 14 games listed. 1 game vs every other team in the league and 2 against your travel partner (In our case, WKU). Then after the 14 games are over, they will divide the league into two 7 team pods. The top seven will then play 1 game against the other 6 in the pod. The bottom 7 will play against the other 6 in the lower pod. Thus, the top 7 will only play against the better teams the rest of the year to protect and hopefully raise their RPI and try forasecond NCAA bid.
Those last 6 will be split 3 home and 3 away.

Sounds like a great way to spice up fan interest among the top-tier conference mates.
Thoughts?

Reactions: chuck1069
The only way this thread should not be locked is if the personal attacks stop. Coming back to the OP premise: We are still a one bid league. What do you think about the proposal that the conference is considering? I am copying the explanation provided by Herdmeister in another thread:

Here is what is being proposed. Go to a 20 game conference schedule. When the schedules are released you will see only 14 games listed. 1 game vs every other team in the league and 2 against your travel partner (In our case, WKU). Then after the 14 games are over, they will divide the league into two 7 team pods. The top seven will then play 1 game against the other 6 in the pod. The bottom 7 will play against the other 6 in the lower pod. Thus, the top 7 will only play against the better teams the rest of the year to protect and hopefully raise their RPI and try forasecond NCAA bid.

Sounds like a great way to spice up fan interest among the top-tier conference mates.
Thoughts?

Everything is usually fine until Dreg Fagi shows up and starts attacking me instead of adding to the thread. Just want that known for the record.

Thoughts?
Yeah, to get away from that garbage, way to get the conversation back on track.

I love the idea (as I stated in the other thread). Travel cost could be an issue, but I think could be worked out if it’s thought through properly.

One thing I think would be unfair is if a team seeded in the back end of the top 7 has to go through a tough schedule before the conference tournament, while a team seeded in the front end of the bottom 7 has to go through the easiest portion. You could see teams jumping from an 8 seed to a 5 (possibly a 4 and a first round bye?!) while teams in those 6-7 slots could fall to 8-9.

That’s my only problem with it.

...........AND JUST LIKE THAT........I have slayed another monstrous, dragon-like thread....Long live the King!!!

(Zilla is my court jester/PR man)

Being content having in-state players? Elmore and Burks are two of the highest scoring players in the country. Jarrod West will probably be on the freshman all-conference team. Do you honestly think we could find a better sixth man out of state than Rondale Watson? You going to be against 6’10 Levi Cook playing next year too?

Our best players are in-state and we’re competing for conference titles. I’d argue that we would have been much better under DJ & Herrion if they gave more guys a chance. Some of the in-state kids we’ve missed out on under Dantoni are playing at wvu, Davidson, and Florida. Remember when the kid from GW went to Charlotte and beat Herrion’s ass every time we played them? Clemson’s best player (Grantham) is from WV.

Also the Ponder kid from Bluefield dropped like 30 on us in the Cam when he was at UNC-W and Herrion was here and then you had the Fieler kid from Parkersburg helping lead Florida Gulf Coast to the Sweet 16 a few years back. Both kids that may have played at Marshall had D'antoni been here at the time.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Also the Ponder kid from Bluefield dropped like 30 on us in the Cam when he was at UNC-W and Herrion was here and then you had the Fieler kid from Parkersburg helping lead Florida Gulf Coast to the Sweet 16 a few years back. Both kids that may have played at Marshall had D'antoni been here at the time.

Doubt it.. FGCU is a pipeline from Wood County area and Fieler was part of that group of AAU/Coaches, etc growing up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT