ADVERTISEMENT

Stewarts gone?

And MU management has announced that Midway Drive In hot dogs will take over the slot vacated by Stewart’s. Owners are Bill Ghiz and Cory Hutchinson, whose politics are unknown to me, but apparently acceptable to the faculty lounge.

And MU management has announced that Midway Drive In hot dogs will take over the slot vacated by Stewart’s. Owners are Bill Ghiz and Cory Hutchinson, whose politics are unknown to me, but apparently acceptable to the faculty lounge.
Welp, my folks have sworn by Midway food, fries & shakes (I think chocolate/peanut butter is their fav) for 60 years. If it can't be Stewies I think Midway will do just fine.....unique place to get food if you decide to eat in. Very little seating, and what they do have includes counter bar stools to sit & eat...

Only two years premature, Samantha. It was so premature that your partner hadn’t even taken his shirt off this time.

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderCat98
I would guess this is all SDX, not a Marshall decision. Not only is Stewart’s going away in the concession stands (I guess) but suite owners used to have the option of choosing from between either4-5 local restaurants to cater their boxes or SDX. This year it’s Buddies BBQ or SDX, only options. I Understand why and think SDX is a very good Foodservice company So I have no issues with it.

It’s all about ROI with large corporations, they spend a load of money to get these accounts and need to at worst break even. If that means selling their own hot dogs and making more then what Stewart’s pays them, then that’s what they do

SDX, Pepsi, IMG and others contribute large sums of money to Marshall in exchange for selling their products to the Marshall community. Therefore they have the right to make business decisions you may not like.

By the way, I like Midway hot dogs the best.

I would guess this is all SDX, not a Marshall decision. Not only is Stewart’s going away in the concession stands (I guess) but suite owners used to have the option of choosing from between either4-5 local restaurants to cater their boxes or SDX. This year it’s Buddies BBQ or SDX, only options. I Understand why and think SDX is a very good Foodservice company So I have no issues with it.

It’s all about ROI with large corporations, they spend a load of money to get these accounts and need to at worst break even. If that means selling their own hot dogs and making more then what Stewart’s pays them, then that’s what they do

SDX, Pepsi, IMG and others contribute large sums of money to Marshall in exchange for selling their products to the Marshall community. Therefore they have the right to make business decisions you may not like.

By the way, I like Midway hot dogs the best.
Been going to Huntington for 56 years and have never heard of Midway dogs. Where is it?

Reactions: 19MU88
Been going to Huntington for 56 years and have never heard of Midway dogs. Where is it?
445 6th Ave. W
Huntington, WV 25701

It’s good but nothing outstanding, a real hotdog is at a lil ole place called Stewart’s, sorry born and raised on Stewart’s and sometimes I just crave it... midway isn’t bad but it’s your typical dairy bar type Dog...

445 6th Ave. W
Huntington, WV 25701

It’s good but nothing outstanding, a real hotdog is at a lil ole place called Stewart’s, sorry born and raised on Stewart’s and sometimes I just crave it... midway isn’t bad but it’s your typical dairy bar type Dog...
Thanks.

Frostop much better than Stewarts or Midway.

1. Frostop slaw dog
2. Midway
3. Stewarts

Its all about the sauce.

1) stewarts for a nice plain dog
2) Sam’s for a good spicy slaw dog
3) all others I wouldn’t waste much time on

Those crappy Pepperoni rolls where a Northern WV thing. Especially, before the opening of I79….
Pepperoni rolls that you seen in a lot of stores came from Kenova, I had friend that worked there and were allowed to make and take their own home..

bakery on sycamore st...

Pepperoni rolls that you seen in a lot of stores came from Kenova, I had friend that worked there and were allowed to make and take their own home..

bakery on sycamore

I hate to bring this up the night before the opening game.....but the Stewart’s chili sauce cook was laid off this week after the announcement, and has placed a Lebanese’s curse on all things associated with Marshall football. Omar the chili cook..not sure of his last name spit three times in the direction of the stadium as he slit the neck of a goat. This information was given to me by a Syrian friend in Charleston. This could get ugly.
So from your post, can we assume that currently the Lebanese and the Syrians are getting along, or at least communicating? Phew! That's a relief! With Afghanistan blowing up and Iran boiling over there are already enough international issues for Ole Joe "3 packs of No Doze a day" B. up there in the D.C. Big House to deal with!! :)

Hot dogs are a matter of taste preference. Frostop, Midway, Stewarts and even Farleys in Barboursville are all good choices.

Don’t believe I said that. Just commenting regarding Midway. Pretty much any of the “WV hotdogs” can induce explosive diarrhea and projectile vomiting. 😦
You like those red carolina packers bright leaf hot dogs.

If that’s a thing I’m not familiar with it. Can I get one in the Triangle.

most of the grocery stores in that area sell them. Some of the hot dog places also. straight out of johnston county. I think the Char Grills in Raleigh area has them still

Char-Grill​

Since 1959, Char-Grill has been serving Raleigh delicious Carolina Packers' red hot dogs. Try one of these delicious hot dogs with chili and onions, and pair it with a chocolate milkshake for the perfect all-American lunch. Find a location here.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenDuke

most of the grocery stores in that area sell them. Some of the hot dog places also. straight out of johnston county. I think the Char Grills in Raleigh area has them still

Char-Grill​

Since 1959, Char-Grill has been serving Raleigh delicious Carolina Packers' red hot dogs. Try one of these delicious hot dogs with chili and onions, and pair it with a chocolate milkshake for the perfect all-American lunch. Find a location here.
Thanks.

With all the talk of 6” wieners, I wasn’t sure if this was a thread about concessions, or another thread about the urinals at The Joan.

Reactions: KyMUfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT