ADVERTISEMENT

NHR - Oregon Player Granted 9th YEAR of Eligibility

“If he returns to UO, McCormick, who has already earned his bachelor’s and master’s degrees, said he’d likely take classes in business or yoga or pursue internships to fulfill the academic requirements.”

“The winner of this year’s Orange Bowl-FWAA Courage Award, McCormick was one of three UO players hospitalized with rhabdomyolysis following overly strenuous workouts in January 2017. He missed nearly all of the 2018-21 seasons due to a broken left ankle that required three surgeries and the torn Achilles.”

Handlogton by the ranking

After watching film on Micah after he committed I honestly thought we had a project player. And everyone knows projects seldom pan out. If you told me that after 12 games in he would have these numbers I'd believe you were nuts. Guess it was me...

Offensive rebounds- #6 in the country at 4.08
Total rebounds- #7 in the country at 10.8
Blocks- #12 in country with 29
Blocks per game- #17 in country with 2.42

These are numbers I thought we'd never get from the center position. As good as Kinsey and Taylor are and how well Curfman helps shooting 40% from the three, Micah is the single best driver of this teams improvement. I thought Goran gave us decent minutes last night and I think he's probably deserving of a few minutes, but after rewatching the replay on ESPN+, there were at least two possessions that Toledo scored because of 2nd and 3rd chances that would not have occurred if Micah was in the game. He would have ended the possession with a rebound that Goran simply can't get to.

A couple other individual stats...

Kinsey is #5 in the nation in points scored and #8 in ppg with 21.9
Taylor is #15 in nation in points scored and #37 in ppg with 19.3
Kinsey #37 in nation in assist.

Lots of bitching taking place

Mostly from democrats, but as usual, multiple problems with equipment, specifically tabulators. That's the small table top device that you slide your ballot into that reads the area you filled in when selecting your candidate.

Just my 2 cents, but seems like we could have a better way of doing this shit. Just setup a damn secure computer, and select your candidate with a simple push of your index finger. Pretty much everything else we do requires that shit. I ordered a double cheeseburger, fries, and a bottle of water at McDonalds after voting.

Just seems in our high-tech world, we could use computers to do all the damn work, and then know the winner by 10 tonight. Still too damn late for my normal bed-time, but it's better than waiting until next Monday or so to find out who won. Also, count those cheating mailed in ballots as they come in. I know there's assholes who will leak the results, but damn, waiting to count those until after the polls closes is why these damn things are a mess.

My prediction: You won't know who controls the senate until after the NCAA Conference championship games are played, and those are 4 weeks out.

That damn LIV tour event in WV

Don't go to it. Ban it.

First of all the only real tours and the other tours and we have the real majors.

Second, screw the Saudis and their money backing it. We protect those bastards with blood and treasure. Now they want to ruin golf. Hell with them.

PGA tour is this country's tour.

Those bastards are trying to ruin the Ryder Cup, President's Cup, the Majors and golf in general.

Huntington Has a Problem

Doesn't the city fine property owners of shitholes like these? These eyesores drive property values down, harbor crackheads and hookers, and are a horrible scab on the city. Slumlords should be fined for these ratholes:

Login to view embedded media Login to view embedded media Login to view embedded media Login to view embedded media Login to view embedded media Login to view embedded media

UCONN Article

Login to view embedded media
Jim Mora says this isn’t about proving people wrong or a chip on the shoulder. He doesn’t want to say he told you so.

But he also does want to say he told you so. After taking UConn to its first bowl game in seven years, in his first year as the coach, he’s earned that right.

“I didn’t think I should have been fired at UCLA,” Mora said. “I thought they made a mistake. I still think they made a mistake.”

Rarely has a 6-6 record with a bowl appearance been more impressive or surprising, and Mora is the director. The Huskies are preparing for Monday’s Myrtle Beach Bowl against Marshall, the first bowl game for a group of players who have experienced a college career like few others.

UConn had been at the bottom of the FBS, losing to UMass and Holy Cross and finishing with a 1-11 record last year (that one win came against Yale). The Huskies won four total games from 2018 to 2021. The 2018 UConn defense was statistically the worst in college football history, setting FBS records in points (50.4) and yards (617.4) allowed per game. They didn’t play in 2020, the first FBS team to cancel its season due to the pandemic, and then-head coach Randy Edsall left the team for Florida for several months. He resigned two games into the 2021 season.

When Mora took the job last November, friends asked him, What the hell are you doing?

He had been in the process of moving his life from California to his home in Sun Valley, Idaho. He was newly engaged. He went hiking, mountain biking or fly-fishing every day. He had plenty of money after more than three decades in coaching.

So what was Mora doing taking the UConn job?

The son of Jim E. Mora, an NFL head coach for 15 years, didn’t like going out on his back. He didn’t like that his coaching career had seemingly ended in his late 50s with a loss to USC in 2017.

“I had a void,” the younger Mora said. “I had unfinished business. This is what I’ve done my entire life, football, and I didn’t like how it ended at UCLA.”

In a season of unexpected turnarounds, from Kansasto Duke to TCU, UConn’s run to a bowl game is perhaps the most stunning.

Edsall resigned two games into the 2021 season but hoped to finish the year. That didn’t go over well inside the program, and he reversed course and left the next day. It ended a disastrous second stint in the role but gave athletic director David Benedict plenty of time to talk with a slew of candidates. After a few virtual calls with Mora, Benedict flew to Sun Valley on a one-way plane ticket for an unusually immersive interview experience. Benedict spent four days with Mora, which included the coach having virtual calls with various stakeholders and search committee members, including Connecticut governor Ned Lamont.

Leaning on the counter in Mora’s kitchen toward the end of the week, Benedict finally said, “So do you want this thing or what?’”

Fans were surprised but largely ecstatic. Mora was the most accomplished coach to ever take the reins of the program, as a former NFL head coach for two teams who also had a pretty good run at UCLA. UConn’s football history dates back to 1896, but the program has rarely made much noise outside the Northeast. It spent 50 years in the Yankee Conference, winning 15 conference championships. It moved up from what was then Division I-AA to I-A in 2000 in Edsall’s first stint as head coach. He found success, winning two conference titles. The Huskies made the 2011 Fiesta Bowl as Big East champs with an 8-4 record. They lost to Oklahomaand Edsall didn’t even fly back with the team, instead taking the Maryland job.

That set off a decade of despair, save for a 6-7 blip season in 2015. UConn was left behind in the last round of conference realignment. Former Boston College athletic director Gene DeFilippo said in 2011 that BC didn’t want UConn in the ACC. The Huskies stayed in the reformed American Athletic Conference but eventually left for the non-football Big East in 2020, delighting basketball fans but leaving football in independence purgatory and fan apathy hard to overcome.

Mora flew directly from Idaho to Clemson for UConn’s next game after taking the job, giving him a few weeks to observe the team in-season before he took over. When he took the reins for real, Mora felt refreshed. At UCLA, where he posted a respectable 46-30 record from 2012 to 2017, Mora had trouble dividing time between his team and his kids. He lived 45 minutes from campus in Manhattan Beach. Now at UConn, there are no kids around, and he practically lives on campus, in a house he maintains is haunted. A “College GameDay” investigation determined … maybe.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT