ADVERTISEMENT

“I’m not opposed to looking at high-caliber FCS teams,” Lyons said. “My goal, though, is to have us

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where you miss the boat. Aside from maybe WKU KSU would beat everyone we play
Good point. KSU at 6-6 is ranked #54 by Sagarin with the #31 strength of schedule. Marshall at 9-3 is ranked #68 with the #138 strength of schedule. Speaks volumes right there.

WVU by the way, at 7-5 is ranked # 29 by Sagarin with a SOS of # 40. WVU's and Marshall's schedule are in different stratospheres by any objective measure.

Once again SOS does not mean anything towards how good you are.

UCF played a terrible schedule and didn't win a game.

Plus anyone who uses Sagarin when he said himself his system is flawed deserves to leave th conversation

Reactions: ohio herd

Plus anyone who uses Sagarin when he said himself his system is flawed deserves to leave th conversation
SOS has everything to do with how good a team is. It is a major factor in considering the participants in the college football playoffs. But I'll grant you that if Alabama played Marshall's schedule, they'd win every game and they'd still be good. But nobody would know how good. With that being said, no good team is going to lose to Ohio, MTSU, and WKU like Marshall did. And I highly doubt Kansas State team would either.

This is how flawed the SOS and Sagarin rankings is

Iowa State has the #1 ranked SOS in the country and comes in with a 3-9 record and is ranked 63 by sagarin

Marshall with the 138 ranked SOS is only 5 spots behind at 68.

Does that mean Iowa State is a better team??? No

North Dakota State has a SOS 4 spots better than Marshall but comes in ranked 12 spot ahead of Marshall and 7 higher than the #1 ranked SOS team Iowa State

So a team with 3 wins is better than a team with 9......please excuse yourself from ever talking about sports.......ever

This is how flawed the SOS and Sagarin rankings is

Iowa State has the #1 ranked SOS in the country and comes in with a 3-9 record and is ranked 63 by sagarin

Marshall with the 138 ranked SOS is only 5 spots behind at 68.

Does that mean Iowa State is a better team??? No
If Iowa State played Marshall's schedule, they'd have won at least 10 games. After all, they beat Texas. No way Marshall could do that.

So a team with 3 wins is better than a team with 9......please excuse yourself from ever talking about sports.......ever
With that logic, Shepherd is better than Alabama. Beating a bunch of nobodies is meaningless. Playing and beating good teams truly determines how good a team is.

Anything related to the eerdiots automatically falls into the who gives a crap category. I've seen turds I care more about than them.

Anyone who doesn't know how to read Sagarians ratings should also excuse themselves from the conversation.

So what would have Marshall done with Iowa State's schedule this year?

How about Iowa State with Marshall's schedule?

That question(s) really can't be answered fairly unless you consider whether one school gets the same money as the other school would playing its schedule in its conference.

My favorite thing is how "WVU is scared/afraid" to play Marshall. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. Show me any 18-23 year old who is afraid to play football, and I will show you a football player who will not be on my team.

When comments like this are made, it just makes you look foolish.

I have always been an advocate of playing Marshall. I think if WVU runs the program I think they should be, this game makes sense. We need regional OOC games. We can do a 2-1 or 3-1, whatever. We obviously can't do a H&H with Marshall. Even as a middle of the pack Big 12 program, WVU should have no problem handling Marshall every year.

That question(s) really can't be answered fairly unless you consider whether one school gets the same money as the other school would playing its schedule in its conference.
What the???? Some of you are real rocket scientists...

I don't get this. How could someone claim "they're scared" then back up and say "if we had more money we could compete with their schedule. " The notion here is WVU is scared to play MU in football, correct? That means as is, with what we have, the current status quo.

The claim is that Marshall is better than Iowa State this year, regardless of resources, schedules, etc.

Better yet, do you think Marshall would beat Iowa State more often than not this year if they played each other 12 times? I think that would be a good indicator of which team is truly better.

The claim is that Marshall is better than Iowa State this year, regardless of resources, schedules, etc.

Better yet, do you think Marshall would beat Iowa State more often than not this year if they played each other 12 times? I think that would be a good indicator of which team is truly better.
I think Marshall would beat Iowa State 8 out of 10 times. Iowa State is terrible. Their wins are against an FCS, the worst team in all of 1A football and a Texas team that quit

I know this, Marshall has beaten Kansas State more times out of three than uspam has beaten KState out of 5.

My favorite thing is how "WVU is scared/afraid" to play Marshall. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. Show me any 18-23 year old who is afraid to play football, and I will show you a football player who will not be on my team.

When comments like this are made, it just makes you look foolish.

Well, I guess that's unfortunate the players have no say in who they play huh?

I know this, Marshall has beaten Kansas State more times out of three than uspam has beaten KState out of 5.
BOOM!

yep and they were what # 6 in the country at that time and ultimately the B12 champs?

wvu as an institution is scared to play MU. they love to call it our superbowl but the reality is they are more scared of losing one game than we are worried about winning. it negatively impacts their ability to spread propaganda to the ignorant hillbilly fan base. I mean anyone watching the series and games in Huntington saw our worst team in the last 25 years or so hold a halftime lead over one of their all time great teams and also saw one of our teams with a losing record give away (with help from the officials refusing to call holding in the endzone) an OT game to a bowl bound eerdiot team.

BOOM!

yep and they were what # 6 in the country at that time and ultimately the B12 champs?

wvu as an institution is scared to play MU. they love to call it our superbowl but the reality is they are more scared of losing one game than we are worried about winning. it negatively impacts their ability to spread propaganda to the ignorant hillbilly fan base. I mean anyone watching the series and games in Huntington saw our worst team in the last 25 years or so hold a halftime lead over one of their all time great teams and also saw one of our teams with a losing record give away (with help from the officials refusing to call holding in the endzone) an OT game to a bowl bound eerdiot team.
88, you clarified the "scared" part. They are scared, skeered to play us and this certainly does not refer to the players. Administration and hilljack fans are scared at the thought of losing to us. They know they are 0-12 during some really down years. They do not want to take a chance now. After their worshipping 0-12 they cannot risk 1-12, much less more balance on the series. 0-12 is Almost Heaven, 1-12 Almost Hell.

BOOM!

You mean strangulation not holding

The faux-luxury of being able to use practically any or every other team in the country as an ally of MU in the discussion
of WVU's failures still begs the question......How does WVU matchup with the Herd over the years?

Records and facts speak an immutable truth

Reactions: RichardPeterJohnson
They know they are 0-12 during some really down years. They do not want to take a chance now. After their worshipping 0-12 they cannot risk 1-12, much less more balance on the series. 0-12 is Almost Heaven, 1-12 Almost Hell.

Damn the luck, we just dodged you at your better years. If you all would have played us when you had Moss and Pennington, like 1997, things would have been different. Yep, every time we played, it was just Marshall's down years.....and the refs' fault.

Damn the luck, we just dodged you at your better years. If you all would have played us when you had Moss and Pennington, like 1997, things would have been different. Yep, every time we played, it was just Marshall's down years.....and the refs' fault.
look country the 97 team was not our best team ever. It was our first game as a FBS team. We still were trying to get to the 85 scholly limit. Get over it. I really don't care if we ever play you clowns again. We don't need you. Hold onto your Polaroids of when you used to win cause that is all you have left.

I have always been an advocate of playing Marshall. I think if WVU runs the program I think they should be, this game makes sense. We need regional OOC games. We can do a 2-1 or 3-1, whatever. We obviously can't do a H&H with Marshall. Even as a middle of the pack Big 12 program, WVU should have no problem handling Marshall every year.
3 things.
#1. we play you 1-1 or not at all.
#2. Keep telling yourself how you could handle us easily - hope it makes you feel better cause the fact is we are better now than when we played the series and you are worse.
#3 the new norm in morgantown is 25-25 the past 4 years!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT