ADVERTISEMENT

“I’m not opposed to looking at high-caliber FCS teams,” Lyons said. “My goal, though, is to have us

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 things.
#1. we play you 1-1 or not at all.
#2. Keep telling yourself how you could handle us easily - hope it makes you feel better cause the fact is we are better now than when we played the series and you are worse.
#3 the new norm in morgantown is 25-25 the past 4 years!

At the same time, though, in that 25-25 record that you mentioned something comes to mind that is pertinent to WVU vs. MU.

What does that have to do with 2015 Marshall vs. 2015 Iowa State?[/QUO
Why do we start threads like this? It's click bait for Poutie trash.
trade,you are absolutely right. Fact is, I feel sorry for them. The only way they can feel good about themselves is tout 0-12. They are in now where land with uspams situation and threads like this draw them out of their lurking status like flies. Just a sample, hilljack who married his cuz in Richmond, cuntree roads, the renowned da wee wee, All we need is the really stupid one who always had da wee wee on his back.

Reactions: ohio herd
Damn the luck, we just dodged you at your better years. If you all would have played us when you had Moss and Pennington, like 1997, things would have been different. Yep, every time we played, it was just Marshall's down years.....and the refs' fault.
Good point. Go watch the tape the big east announcers acknowledged the horrible calls while moss was mugged. Also replay would have helped us on fumble screw job. At the end of the day, we out gained and our first downed wvu in our first D1 game with 4 turnovers and blocked punt plus home cooking and mighty hillbilly u had to come from behind in the fourth Q

Reactions: Herd In the Plains
Marshall first yr getting 85 schollys....we were a !-AA team with a bunch of tr fr. Still gave them all they wanted. Same deal in Huntington too. That's why they're called chickeneers. LT demolished by USM played K St just as tough as the Pouties.

I don't get this. How could someone claim "they're scared" then back up and say "if we had more money we could compete with their schedule. " The notion here is WVU is scared to play MU in football, correct? That means as is, with what we have, the current status quo.

My response had nothing to do with whether WVU is scared or not. Cousin posed the query of how MU and ISU would do playing each other's schedule.

Now personally, I don't think we would do well in the B12 playing with our current resources on a weekly basis. But give us B12 $$ and I think we could be near the middle of the pack. Certainly better than ISU or Kansas. And ISU would probably be one of the better teams in CUSA, with B12 $$. Give them CUSA $$, they probably don't do very well.

It's not a fair question unless the $$ issue is addressed.

Head to head right now I think we beat ISU 6 or 7 out of 10 assuming it's home and home on an equal basis.

3 things.
#1. we play you 1-1 or not at all.
#2. Keep telling yourself how you could handle us easily - hope it makes you feel better cause the fact is we are better now than when we played the series and you are worse.
#3 the new norm in morgantown is 25-25 the past 4 years!
Lol at 1.

Reactions: countryroads89
trade,you are absolutely right. Fact is, I feel sorry for them. The only way they can feel good about themselves is tout 0-12. They are in now where land with uspams situation and threads like this draw them out of their lurking status like flies. Just a sample, hilljack who married his cuz in Richmond, cuntree roads, the renowned da wee wee, All we need is the really stupid one who always had da wee wee on his back.

Not really regarding visiting your board and coming away feeling better about ourselves, at least from my viewpoint.

However, I come away feeling a bit chastened.

Thinking that maybe somebody here would NOT use PSU, Alabama, USC, ND or whomever as the measuring stick for the MU-WVU discussion, I'm let down again.

So, yeah, we're not OSU, Michigan, LSU or FSU but there are others out there that we do well against, some of which their partisans maintain otherwise, damn the facts.

And I remind you that you will have another chance in your bowl game to make your point that you are better than us by proxy-----UCONN beat us once.

Reactions: Motown Mounty
Lol at 1.
First of all this is a Marshall board. Second let this sink in, we don't need to play you. Let me say it again, we don't need to play you guys. I am happy to play Purdue 1-1 and Louisville 1-1 and Pitt 1-1. I know it hurts your damaged ego to admit it but a team that is 25-25 the past 4 years is in no position to demand anything. Now go away!

Marshal is a CUSA team - a lower tier G5 conference. WVU is a Power Five team. The Mountaineers lose money by playing in Huntington. There is absolutely nothing about the series that benefits WVU.

As for being afraid. Yes indeed. So afraid that Virginia Tech, Missouri, BYU and others were scheduled just to avoid the powerful Thundering Herd.

I've heard that Holgorsen's problems come from the paranoia he has that WVU will be forced to play Marshall again.

A very well connected source tells me that both Nick Saban and Jimbo Fisher have declined interest in replacing Holgorsen because they don't want their career records besmirched by loss after loss to Doc Holiday's Herd.

I've even heard one WVU BoG member say that Dr. Gee would drop football rather than enduring yet another embarrassing loss to Marshall in football.

The fear is real. It haunts Stewart Hall to this very day.

First of all this is a Marshall board. Second let this sink in, we don't need to play you. Let me say it again, we don't need to play you guys. I am happy to play Purdue 1-1 and Louisville 1-1 and Pitt 1-1. I know it hurts your damaged ego to admit it but a team that is 25-25 the past 4 years is in no position to demand anything. Now go away!
That is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT