ADVERTISEMENT

1-0 As a Road Dog This Week

I'm happy for the win. The biggest surprise was how well we ran the ball. Coming in to the game their defense had been fairly stout against the run and weak against the pass.

BTW, it was interesting that the line narrowed a point and a half today, ending at +4. You usually don't see a move like that for a G5 game on the day of the game.

I'm happy for the win. The biggest surprise was how well we ran the ball. Coming in to the game their defense had been fairly stout against the run and weak against the pass.

BTW, it was interesting that the line narrowed a point and a half today, ending at +4. You usually don't see a move like that for a G5 game on the day of the game.

Knox was an absolute beast tonight.

Knox was an absolute beast tonight.

Knox didn’t run the ball a lot earlier. That could have been the game plan. It was hot and humid. Keep his legs fresh for when their defense starts getting tired and then feed him the ball and boom...he goes crazy with the ball. If we feel that our offensive line can be strong and our defense can stop then it works....it did last night.

FAU went hurry up to start the game and scored easily. They had the long pass play that was big for them. We played well on defense and made plays when needed like on fourth down, the Int. at the end of the game.
I will take the win every day especially in the road as a dog and we had more yards than them. Stopped their winning streak and sets us up well going into the game with WKU.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Knox didn’t run the ball a lot earlier. That could have been the game plan. It was hot and humid. Keep his legs fresh for when their defense starts getting tired and then feed him the ball and boom...he goes crazy with the ball. If we feel that our offensive line can be strong and our defense can stop then it works....it did last night.

FAU went hurry up to start the game and scored easily. They had the long pass play that was big for them. We played well on defense and made plays when needed like on fourth down, the Int. at the end of the game.
I will take the win every day especially in the road as a dog and we had more yards than them. Stopped their winning streak and sets us up well going into the game with WKU.

They converted on 3rd down rather easily. The TE became their go to guy for it.
Defensive line rattling the QB was key for us as well.

Reactions: lexkyherdfan
They converted on 3rd down rather easily. The TE became their go to guy for it.
Defensive line rattling the QB was key for us as well.

7 sacks is a big deal. It was fun watching them get after the QB. The number of pressures and knockdowns were high.

Our OL got going and really brought it and allowed Knox the holes.

Time to enjoy this win today and get ready for the kool aid character next week.

7 sacks is a big deal. It was fun watching them get after the QB. The number of pressures and knockdowns were high.

Our OL got going and really brought it and allowed Knox the holes.

Time to enjoy this win today and get ready for the kool aid character next week.

There was one play where Knox had a literal wall of blockers and had one FAU lineman not gotten him, he was gone...lol.

Cramsey has certainly utilized the TE position as a strength for us.
Also another threat is Gaines, for anything, just being on the field. Reminds me of Rockhead when he was simply lined up in the backfield for a pass play, it forced defenses to change just because he was there, even if he wasn't directly doing anything.

Gaines is not only a TE or a WR, but also a QB and runner for the Wildcat, which rarely is done, but happens, we can throw with it.

Lots of weapons at our offense's disposal. Lets hope we continue to use them and expand.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT