ADVERTISEMENT

10 win blues

ohio herd

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2012
I remember when we were playing in the MAC. Back in those days 10 wins was something Marshall fans celebrated. However these days we scoff at the notion. Many say we play a weak schedule but we have shown over and over again that the schedule then and now are similar.I say it is about time for Herd Nation to get jacked up again about a 10 win season. If we can make this the norm again I am confident the day will come when we have another 1999 season. And when it comes we are going to get a NYD6 invite. Then we will get a chance to show the nation that we are for real.

The 2015 iteration of the Herd could win 20 games - it's still about the 80th best team in D-I, somewhere ahead of the Sun Belt runner-up and behind a boatload of teams with losing records.

Not trying to ruin anybody's Christmas, just saying, with as diluted and all-encompassing as FBS has become, its a bit misleading to use win total as an absolute evaluator of a team's quality or a season's success.

The 2015 iteration of the Herd could win 20 games - it's still about the 80th best team in D-I, somewhere ahead of the Sun Belt runner-up and behind a boatload of teams with losing records.

Not trying to ruin anybody's Christmas, just saying, with as diluted and all-encompassing as FBS has become, its a bit misleading to use win total as an absolute evaluator of a team's quality or a season's success.
that a load of bull. There are not 79 teams in college football better than us!

Last edited:
Another 10 win season would be huge for the program. No other G5 program could say they had won 10 games in each of the last 3 seasons.

It would give us a ton of momentum going into the off-season. Who knows, we might could even receive a vote or two in the pre-season next year.

This is a big bowl game for us for multiple reasons.

Reactions: ohio herd
and just looking at the teams closest to us...

on a neutral field:
Appy (10-2) by 2
Mizzo (5-7) by 2
Iowa State (3-9) by 1
Illinois State (10-2, FCS) by 1
Minnesota (5-7) by 1
Indiana (6-6) by 1
WMU (7-5) by 1
South Carolina (3-9) push

*does not in any way shape or form mean we would lose all/any of these games. just an idea of what the odds would be....

We were also winning conference championship after conference championship in the MAC. We've only won the C-USA once, and we're 1-2 for championships in seasons where we had a team that could win it. 1-1 I'd argue in seasons where we SHOULD have won it. And there is no way that this CUSA is better than the old MAC.

Sorry if I'm just not happy with winning this $hit show conference once out of every three years we're good enough to win it. Actually, I'm not sorry.

Great programs all have one thing in common. They have fanbases that have zero tolerance for losing. Winning is everything and nothing else matters is so true at marshall now and we pay more reference to the crash victims than ever. This kind of a fanbase is a necessary evil.

We were also winning conference championship after conference championship in the MAC. We've only won the C-USA once, and we're 1-2 for championships in seasons where we had a team that could win it. 1-1 I'd argue in seasons where we SHOULD have won it. And there is no way that this CUSA is better than the old MAC.

Sorry if I'm just not happy with winning this $hit show conference once out of every three years we're good enough to win it. Actually, I'm not sorry.

god, you must be a thrill to hang out with.

Reactions: Herd Fever

I agree 100%. Everyone balks at our success in the Mac and uses the "SOS" was weak argument. It's worse now and we have 1 ring to show for it compared to 5. I honesty don't get the excitement of just a 10 win season, in this conference with this schedule anything less than a CUSA title game annually is a bad year.

The reason everyone was fired up back then is that all this was new on the D1 level. We were playing with the big boys again and were winning right out of the shoot. There was no BCS, there was no playoff. We were glad to go to a bowl. The fact that we came back into the MAC and kicked their ass after they pissed on us when we were down, made it sweeter.

These days, we are repeatedly reminded of how bad our schedule is, how bad our league is, etc. We know that we can't get on the national stage (access) unless we go undefeated. Those things tend to take a bit of the shine off. That said, the possibility of three 10 win seasons in a row is pretty sweet; at least to this Herd fan!

Reactions: ohio herd
Herd fever is young school. I google nothing he googles everything. If i cant remember I ask. He sure didnt google that. Same as saying, well alabama cant win the sec every year,,,give him a break he is a young new york, yankee. city slicker,,college graduate but cant change a tire or his oil, but he does love the herd which trumps everything else. bet he votes for that lying hillary clinton who the taxpayers of america have supported for the last 48 years.One last thing, I saw the knicks in madison square garden with walt frazier, Earl the pearl, Willis Reed and all the great knicks of that time. He can never top that. You all know who I root for and in what sport. Cant even remember why I loved the knicks from the age of 8 to 13 better than the jerry west's Lakers. The only thing me and paw disagreed on. LOLLOL I never called him paw. I think that is as hillbilly as you can get. lol ma and pa,,,up north its Mom and Dad. It took awhile for me to not bust out laughing when in high school my friends calling their parents mommy and daddy. That is like for little kids,,or so I was learned,,,lol,,,taught,,gotta ya again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marine03
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT