ADVERTISEMENT

13-20 Means DD Stays?

If he is going to be done, an announcement should come in the next two weeks... The coaching hot stove kicks off as soon as teams are eliminated from the postseason.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I don't think it is CS decision to make, the decision is being made in Old Main from reliable rumors. MU hasn't bought out a coach for sometime due to the financial/budget issues facing the university. Of course Dan could do the right thing and resign, but I guess Dan likes stealing the $600,00 plus per year salary from Marshall.

Last edited:
The decision has already been made, by the cabal that lead the coup against MH three years ago. They love DD, and their lap dog yes man, non-leader CS, will dutifully follow their orders.

This is a token effort.

The decision has already been made, by the cabal that lead the coup against MH three years ago. They love DD, and their lap dog yes man, non-leader CS, will dutifully follow their orders.

This is a token effort.
Didn't MH give Doc an ill advised extension? I think so.

Reactions: Jartard

This is a token effort.
Sam, you aren’t referring to the individual who can single handedly end it….

I don't think it is CS decision to make, the decision is being made in Old Main from reliable rumors. MU hasn't bought out a coach for sometime due to the financial/budget issues facing the university. Of course Dan could do the right thing and resign, but I guess Dan likes stealing the $600,00 plus per year salary from Marshall.

I don’t mean to speak for Sam, but I believe that because it’s not CS’s decision to make is exactly what makes CS a non-leader as he accepted the job with the condition DD stays on. A real leader would have stood up and said, “I’m not taking the job unless I have full control of all coaching decisions.”

You are all making the simple complex.

- The cabal, not its yes-man CS, runs MU athletics.
- The cabal likes DD.
- The cabal is fine with a token effort, as long as the coach has MU ties and will never actually try to leave us for something greater.
- BS has 10000 other things to do, he does spend his days second guessing the AD. MU is a major economic enterprise, of which sports, much less basketball, is less than 1% of the whole deal.

DD will be the coach for as long as he wants. He will name his successor. This is, and will remain, a token effort.

- BS has 10000 other things to do, he does spend his days second guessing the AD. MU is a major economic enterprise, of which sports, much less basketball, is less than 1% of the whole deal.
Now, there you go again, disrespecting the most dynamic & talented Prez MU has ever had by diminishing his ability to multi-task.
Yes, there is definitely a business side to Marshall, and thank the Lord we (finally) woke up and hired a generational talent to run it.
BUT,
and we’ve gone over this ground already in a previous thread:
Marshall doesn’t make the national public perception needed to move us into a higher rung on the collegiate ladder because of our educational achievements, no matter how great. Marshall makes well north of 75% of our national exposure through our athletic achievements. And all you have to do is witness what’s getting ready to happen for Kim’s kids. I guarantee there is going to be a load of publicity over the next week or so from them making the 💃.
And if they would shock the world and win their 1st game? Off…..the……hook.

Just quit regurgitating the same old spew ad nauseam about your wisdom re: the inner workings of MU. You know as little about it as any of the rest of us.
If Brad decides the time has come to cut ties with Danny, it will be so!

p.s. I wonder how many recruits are going to be following Team 1 next week?

- The cabal, not its yes-man CS, runs MU athletics.
- The cabal likes DD.
- The cabal is fine with a token effort, as long as the coach has MU ties and will never actually try to leave us for something greater.

DD will be the coach for as long as he wants. He will name his successor. This is, and will remain, a token effort.
broken-records-1.gif

…..here’s how you’ll know if the issue is in the hands of the apex decision maker. If in the next 7-10 days we don’t see a X post from Spears, then there’s a chance he’s out dah doh…..

FWIW, the state journal lists Dannie's pay as 602K and change. That doesn't include any school or BG bonuses, incentives

Lists Huff as making 837K and change

Neal Brown is the highest paid state employee at 4Million a year.

From what I've heard, Brad is a huge fan of Dan so I don't think there will be any encouragement to retire coming from him. The only what that probably happens is if attendance and donations start to significantly drop.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
…..here’s how you’ll know if the issue is in the hands of the apex decision maker. If in the next 7-10 days we don’t see a X post from Spears, then there’s a chance he’s out dah doh…..
The longer it takes to make an announcement from The Shewey, the more likely a move is afoot to sever ties…..

• Wow
Reactions: putnam green
The longer it takes to make an announcement from The Shewey, the more likely a move is afoot to sever ties…..
I disagree. Usually the longer it goes without any substantial rumors or statements then it means nothing is happening. Much like with Huff last season.

Now I will give them a pass on not saying anything this past weekend as they didn't want the news taking any shine off of the girls' season.

However the clock is ticking now. Rumor was something was supposed to happen today so we'll see.

Well, I am not sure what to think. While I am happy there is a change, I am not sure about the Jackson hire. I mean, he might turn out to be a great head coach, I just do not know enough about him to have an opinion.

I was really hoping for a complete house cleaning and national search. But who knows.

I am curious what everyone else thinks.

I agree with the entire house cleaning would have been nice.. but let’s give him a chance and it’s not going to happen in one season with what we have on the roster currently!

Reactions: marshallsig
Let us first admit...Sammy was wrong, again. Second, IMO, this may have been a negotiated settlement to limit the DD contract payout. Third, Sammy, wrong again.

really?

DD, as predicted picked his own successor.

No leadership CS let it happen.

Fire CS.
Yes and no. All I can tell you is that the decision for Corny to be the HC was made a while back. He was going to be HC now or 2 years from now. However we're not locking him down. All he's getting is Dan's remaining two years. He's getting to audition. We didn't do a search because we already had our next HC. I am not a fan of it, but these are wheels that were already set in motion.

The reason it happened so abruptly is souring relationships. Not my info to give, but the time table got sped up. The question now is will Corny prove good enough to get an actual contract.

Also this was made from above. It's Spears cannot override his boss.

Let us first admit...Sammy was wrong, again. Second, IMO, this may have been a negotiated settlement to limit the DD contract payout. Third, Sammy, wrong again.
Gotta call bullsh!t on that comment, Rawlee.
Sam on numerous occassions opined that even if Spears grew a pair and demanded that DD leave, it would only be done on the condition he (DD) would hand-pick his successor.

Gotta call bullsh!t on that comment, Rawlee.
Sam on numerous occassions opined that even if Spears grew a pair and demanded that DD leave, it would only be done on the condition he (DD) would hand-pick his successor.
BS W-S. Sammy's main, overriding point for year(s) has been that CS would do nothing. WRONG.

• Sad
Reactions: putnam green
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT