ADVERTISEMENT

17.5 Dogs

Hope the defense is flying around all game — and the offense finds a way to rush for 300 and pass for 250.

Yikes, no respect whatsoever

Honestly. What have we done to garner respect? If I were an outsider I'd assume UCF would easily beat us. We lost to UNCC and MTSU on top of that when we played two of the top G5s we lost. UC being from UCF conference that they narrowly lost to absolutely annihilated us with no mercy.

Reactions: HerdFan1971
Our ONLY shot at this is if UCF comes into the game feeling so let down because they are stuck playing us that they fall into a deep state of depression.

Then, the team physician is unable to get everyone the meds in time and BAM, ol' John Holliday coaches a top notch 2 quarters and then rides out his 3 point lead the rest of the 2nd half.

It could happen.

You want to see two programs on diverging paths over the past 5 years?... We are probably going to get our chance.

At least getting walloped will be "good for recruiting" since its essentially a true road game in Florida. LOL

I DO NOT like this match-up at all. I usually enjoy bowl season because Marshall wins. I do not expect that at all here. I imagine that Marshall will get the brakes beat off of them. Cincy game 2.0.

Oh well … good opportunity for the team to play in a bowl and get some national exposure.

Sincerely (very sincerely) hope the coaching staff proves me wrong...

You want to see two programs on diverging paths over the past 5 years?... We are probably going to get our chance.

At least getting walloped will be "good for recruiting" since its essentially a true road game in Florida. LOL

5 years? Our paths diverged when we lost to them the first time. What was that the McConaughey game? It was at that moment we started to tumble and they started to build. Horrific leadership ruined this program. We never looked past Pruett and were not building for a future. We got complacent then hired Marcum and Snyder and completely killed everything we had built to that point. UCF was brash and hungry. We were arrogant and lazy. Now CFB is geared to prevent anymore Boise States, TCUs, Utahs, and even 1999 Marshall's. We did this to ourselves.

Just look at the attitude of our current administration. They aren't building to be a national contender. They're goal is to just exist in CUSA. Call UCF cocky all you want. They believed they were and are above everyone else. Marshall will tell you that college football is hard and teams like Charlotte are loaded with potential and we just can't expect to compete year in and year out like we used to. Those are decades old expectations.

Last edited:
5 years. Our paths diverged when we lost to them the first time. What was that the McConaughey game? It was at that moment we started to tumble and they started to build. Horrific leadership ruined this program. We never looked past Pruett and were not building for a future. We got complacent then hired Marcum and Snyder and completely killed everything we had built to that point. UCF was brash and hungry. We were arrogant and lazy. Now CFB is geared to prevent anymore Boise States, TCUs, Utahs, and even 1999 Marshall's. We did this to ourselves.

Just look at the attitude of our current administration. They aren't building to be a national contender. They're goal is to just exist in CUSA. Call UCF cocky all you want. They believed they were and are above everyone else. Marshall will tell you that college football is hard and teams like Charlotte are loaded with potential and we just can't expect to compete year in and year out like we used to. Those are decades old expectations.

Your right about the McConaughey game... I went with the last 5 years because in 2014 we were conference champions and so were they (so theoretically the programs were even).

Since then you might ask? – We have gone 10-3, 3-9, 8-5, 9-4, 8-4 (so far). No division titles. Meaningless bowl games. "Competed in our division" ribbons.

UCF went 0-12 in 2015... Let's repeat that for emphasis 0-and MF'n-12...

Then they made a necessary coaching change and have gone 6-7, 13-0, 12-1, 9-3 (so far) played in two New Year's Bowls and finished ranked twice (probably 3 times if they beat us this year).

Your right about the McConaughey game... I went with the last 5 years because in 2014 we were conference champions and so were they (so theoretically the programs were even).

Since then you might ask? – We have gone 10-3, 3-9, 8-5, 9-4, 8-4 (so far). No division titles. Meaningless bowl games. "Competed in our division" ribbons.

UCF went 0-12 in 2015... Let's repeat that for emphasis 0-and MF'n-12...

Then they made a necessary coaching change and have gone 6-7, 13-0, 12-1, 9-3 (so far) played in two New Year's Bowls and finished ranked twice (probably 3 times if they beat us this year).

Doesn't change my post. Our leadership does not build for a better future because they do not believe we can do any better. Marshall's athletic department does not believe we could be Boise, UCF, or even Memphis. Until that changes. Until someone gets in there that believes we can and exhausts all efforts to do so this is going to be our existence.

@The Real SamC @Aaron Perkins and @Josh Stowers will tell you that college football is hard and teams like Charlotte are loaded with potential and we just can't expect to compete year in and year out like we used to. Those are decades old expectations.

FIFY

Reactions: Marine03
funniest-simpsons-gifs-nelson-bees-nest.gif.cf.gif

Comparing UCF and Marshall is idiotic. UCF exists on student fees 67,000 students, and is one of the largest metro area in the country.

And despite success at the G5 level, they remain a dot of black in a sea of Orange and Blue and Garnett and Gold. In a few years the “little school that could” story, which resided in Huntington for most of the late 90s, will move on to the next place, as it always does, and the world, and Orlando, will get back to ignoring the entire matter.

Comparing UCF and Marshall is idiotic. UCF exists on student fees 67,000 students, and is one of the largest metro area in the country.

And despite success at the G5 level, they remain a dot of black in a sea of Orange and Blue and Garnett and Gold. In a few years the “little school that could” story, which resided in Huntington for most of the late 90s, will move on to the next place, as it always does, and the world, and Orlando, will get back to ignoring the entire matter.

You’re literally fvcking clueless and quite possibly the most deranged homer on this board

and yet Marshall would kill to be that dot of black...

Actually Marshall, on a per capita basis, is a FAR LARGER deal in Huntington and the entire I-64 corridor vis WVU, et al than UCF is in Orlando and central Florida, vis UF and FSU. You can spend months in Orlando and be unaware UCF even exists.

And, if you remember, Marshall already was where UCF was a couple of years ago, in 1999. The system of that day did not give us the same reward that the system of this day gave UCF, WMU, etc.

Actually Marshall, on a per capita basis, is a FAR LARGER deal in Huntington and the entire I-64 corridor vis WVU, et al than UCF is in Orlando and central Florida, vis UF and FSU. You can spend months in Orlando and be unaware UCF even exists.

And, if you remember, Marshall already was where UCF was a couple of years ago, in 1999. The system of that day did not give us the same reward that the system of this day gave UCF, WMU, etc.

You’re the extragreen of the main board. The shit you say on here makes absolutely no sense

Maybe the 60,000+ students that go there from central Florida knows it exists. 20 years ago what you say was true. Not today. They draw great crowds and have created quite the buzz down there

Reactions: JAFFX2

I like the Marshall fans here. But you’re full of shit.

I live in Pinellas. I see UCF stuff every single day. In Orlando you can and will see UCF stuff every single day. Especially given we just built a damn downtown campus. You’re overly butthurt and defensive about UCF for some reason but you can’t just invent nonsense. Sorry. You’re lying for whatever purpose that I can’t understand.

I live in Pinellas. I see UCF stuff every single day. In Orlando you can and will see UCF stuff every single day. Especially given we just built a damn downtown campus. You’re overly butthurt and defensive about UCF for some reason but you can’t just invent nonsense. Sorry. You’re lying for whatever purpose that I can’t understand.

No, only a few are full of shit. Hang out long enough you’ll see who

Damn, a UCF fan has been here five minutes and I’m in full agreement with them.

In a few years, UCF will over shadow Miami. Already passed USF. And will gain on Gainesville. Watch and see.

Still no excuse for going 8-4 and losing to freakin' Charlotte.

Enjoy our 2nd place divisional trophy again.

He is mentally deranged and has a fetish for our Coach and AD.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan

The last time we beat UCF, Bobby Pruett was the coach in 2004. We went 3-0 against them under Bobby, we've gone 0-8 vs UCF since.

hmmmm.........

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
The last time we beat UCF, Bobby Pruett was the coach in 2004. We went 3-0 against them under Bobby, we've gone 0-8 vs UCF since.
EG, I saw that today as well. Bobby went 3 and 0 against them. Haven't beat them since and Doc lost 52-17 to them in the last meeting,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT