ADVERTISEMENT

3rd in media poll???

this has been out two days and we are worried about the Big 12???

REALLY?? 3RD????

IN the East????

guys-listen-this-is-serious-buisness-now.jpg

Actually I'd be posting that poll in the IAF the Weight room and the locker room. It may well be correct, but time will tell.

Chase likes Chase a lot , and confidence is good, but PRACTICE is better, this poll make make practice a lot more meaningful.

I love MTSU winning it , and we have them at home. We spank them by 21.

Actually I'd be posting that poll in the IAF the Weight room and the locker room. It may well be correct, but time will tell.

Chase likes Chase a lot , and confidence is good, but PRACTICE is better, this poll make make practice a lot more meaningful.

I love MTSU winning it , and we have them at home. We spank them by 21.

Anyone know what the hell this means?

Back to the point, really 3rd should be a wake up call and motivation that others may not think we are as worthy as we think we are. Chase tweeted after the UCONN bowl win, the CUSA championship comes through Huntington, appears others may not agree....post that media ranking everywhere any Marshall player can see it!

Most of these media nuts are little more than cheerleaders...can you imagine if Vingleberry had a vote? He would have rated them 8th out of the 7 teams in the East.

If our Offense clicks against our 5 major opponents, lots of those media nuts will have egg on their faces.:p

Our WR's aren't getting much good ink, but seems like 6'7" Michael Clark might just surprise some folks downfield if Legg works him into the playbook. (That won't happen). :(

Justin Hunt & Josh Knight need to play like their hair is on fire or just turn in the pads and let the young bucks lead the way.o_O

Phil Steele only rates them 6th in the conference...We just need a couple guys to step up ... BIG TIME :D

There's always a diamond in the rough at receiver. There was a kid from Portsmouth I wish we went after. I can't remember his name at the moment.

The interesting thing about this poll is that they are suggesting that we will lose to both WKU & MTSU at home. That's essentially the only way we finish behind both of them in the standings. When is the last time we lost two conference games at home in one season?

The interesting thing about this poll is that they are suggesting that we will lose to both WKU & MTSU at home. That's essentially the only way we finish behind both of them in the standings. When is the last time we lost two conference games at home in one season?
That's just totally NUTS :p

No one knows how USM will respond to a new coach yet, and won't know it until the whistle blows. WKY is the biggest joke of the poll imo, unproven QB, they will definitely see a drop off in offense, we experienced the same thing last year but had a good enough defense to find 10 wins, something I don't think they have. MTSU can be a serious threat to win the east but with Stockstill coaching I just don't think they will win the east.

You have to remember Tony Franklin is their OC now and will be calling the plays. MTSU will be explosive on Offense. My question is will they be able to stop anyone on defense

As with any scheme, and new coordinator is where the changes are that a team goes through. So how much of a learning curve the kids will face will affect how they perform, at least in the first half of the season. Same goes for USM, new coordinator on top of new head coach.

Actually, this perception could not be more wrong. A high percentage of people who join the military benefit from not only learning many useful skills, gaining tons of self confidence and leadership abilities, and serving their country in a patriotic and very meaningful way. The typical many college students must pay for their education (if they don't earn some type of scholarship of course), then whine about having to pay their student loans. Then most can't get a job or a decent paying job if and when they ever get a degree. So, whose the "smarter"...a typical college student dependent on everything to support them or a military person who earns his/her way, to include an education comparable to any who do not serve in our Nation's Finest? I think I would edit your comment to read "people go to college because they're too dumb to join the military." I am very proud of my Marine Corps career and the college education I earned while serving.

This guy said it best

FORTUNE 500 2012
10 Fortune 500 military CEOs

Frederick Smith
7 of 10

fred_smith_fedex.jpg

Company: FedEx
Fortune 500 Rank: 70
"I do not believe I could have built FedEx without the skills I learned from the Marine Corps," says Frederick Smith, founder and CEO of FedEx. "The Corps altered my life, and I have always been grateful to it."

Frederick Smith founded the company, then called Federal Express, back in 1971. Smith graduated with a B.A. from Yale in 1966. While there, he says he decided to enlist in the Marines. Smith then served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1966 until 1970. During that time, he did two tours in Vietnam.

"My four years in the Marine Corps left me with an indelible understanding of the value of leadership skills," Smith says. "Leadership is simply the ability of an individual to coalesce the efforts of other individuals toward achieving common goals. It boils down to looking after your people and ensuring that, from top to bottom, everyone feels part of the team. Like in the Marine Corps, FedEx is a team effort and it takes all 300,000 of us working every day to satisfy our customers."

NEXT: James Skinner

Reactions: tradebait
Actually, this perception could not be more wrong. A high percentage of people who join the military benefit from not only learning many useful skills, gaining tons of self confidence and leadership abilities, and serving their country in a patriotic and very meaningful way. The typical many college students must pay for their education (if they don't earn some type of scholarship of course), then whine about having to pay their student loans. Then most can't get a job or a decent paying job if and when they ever get a degree. So, whose the "smarter"...a typical college student dependent on everything to support them or a military person who earns his/her way, to include an education comparable to any who do not serve in our Nation's Finest? I think I would edit your comment to read "people go to college because they're too dumb to join the military." I am very proud of my Marine Corps career and the college education I earned while serving.
Thank you for your service, I am very confused by your response to my post.

Thank you for your service, I am very confused by your response to my post.
Thank you. Actually, my response was to the comment that the attached Tweet or whatever media it was said..."people join the military because they're too dumb to go to college".

Thank you. Actually, my response was to the comment that the attached Tweet or whatever media it was said..."people join the military because they're too dumb to go to college".
LOL, you had me very confused

Aren't these polls usually just a repeat of how the previous year finished? We finished 3rd in the East so it makes sense.

Pretty much. Even the sentinel in Orlando has WKY above us. Having holes to fill is one thing, but breaking in a new QB is a whole different animal. I simply do not buy that they will just keep on trucking. Sentinel has them as the second highest G5 school, does that make sense to anyone?

For what it's worth, the gambling sites have us as the favorite to win the East.

Southern Miss is the favorite to win CUSA, followed by Marshall, WKU & MTSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT