ADVERTISEMENT

5th in final standings

So much for 11th
While true, that 11th preseason ranking was stupid. DD was even joking at the preseason media day, saying he wished it would have been a few spots lower so it would make him look even better, possible COY candidate haha. He knew, along with anyone who had a clue, that this wasn't a bottom 3rd type of team. We were unknown because we lost so much with very little recruiting hoopla. We're always low because we don't recruit based off of Rivals' star rankings.

In 2016, Stansbury's 1st year, WKU was preseason 3rd, while we were 4th. We had Ryan Taylor, Jon Elmore, Stevie Browning, Austin Loop, & CJ Burks returning. Again, Stansbury's 1st season. We finished 6th that year in regular season play and lost in the CUSA championship game to a loaded MTSU team. WKU got knocked out in the 1st round after finishing 9th in the regular season.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohio herd
We exceeded what the magazines predicted. No matter what happens, we are well-positioned to make a real surge for next year.

They tried our patience, but Danny's teams always come together toward the end of the season. Please recall that -- at times -- we had four true freshmen on the floor.

With two or more prize recruits coming, the future looks bright to me!

Certainly should be no excuses next year. Plenty of experience and depth. If we can shoot the ball better consistently, could be a very good year.

I agree. I've been critical of the team, mainly because they underperformed based on their potential and ability this season.
The way they lost was purely on them and Dan at times, for not adjusting. But when this team actually clicked, they did look good.
I'm not optimistic about this year's tournament but they'll all be coming back next year.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
My frustration with this years team is consistency and fundamentals. When they play up to their potential you have the first 3/4 of the UTSA game and the whole FAU game but the problem is we can follow those up with a complete meltdown game. I said it before pod play started and I’ll say it again. I could see us losing in the first round and I could also see us winning the championship. It just depends on which team shows up. The talent is there. I sure hope it’s the team that played FAU last week. We shall soon see!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT