ADVERTISEMENT

All this talk about Doc...What about Hamrick

BleedsGreen33

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010
At some point this huy has to be held accountable. Yes he's done some great things and seemed to get things turned but now he's on the clock in my opinion.

Rumors are that Doc is staying. Alright I can see some reasoning but the new OC better be a homerun or as close to it as we can get. Not some washed up former HC or someone we can get on the cheap.

Also we're in year three of Dan D'Antoni and last night was pretty darn embarrassing.

Yes it was Ohio State but while they are very good and will probay end up ranked at some point we still should look better than a D-II team brought in for an exhibition game which is exactly what we looked like.

He's been out athletic director now since what 2009? Since then we have an NIT appearance and one football conference title.

Have you seen all the conference titles WKU has posted since they joined CUSA?

Just like players are a direct reflection of their coaches the coaches are a direct reflection of the Athletic Director.

Buildings and campaigns are nice but they aren't squat without championships going along with them.

It is his job to ensure crap like this season, like this weekend do not happen.

Bleeds , that is pretty much a summation of what I have said over the course of multiple post and topics.

At some point this all ( football , hoops etc) lands at the feet of the athletic director. Successful programs have a successful and strong athletic director , floundering ones have one that takes forever to act and when the do the action is not what was really needed.

We can point fingers at coaches and staffs but the real issue is at the top and the lack of leadership.

At some point this huy has to be held accountable. Yes he's done some great things and seemed to get things turned but now he's on the clock in my opinion.

Rumors are that Doc is staying. Alright I can see some reasoning but the new OC better be a homerun or as close to it as we can get. Not some washed up former HC or someone we can get on the cheap.

Also we're in year three of Dan D'Antoni and last night was pretty darn embarrassing.

Yes it was Ohio State but while they are very good and will probay end up ranked at some point we still should look better than a D-II team brought in for an exhibition game which is exactly what we looked like.

He's been out athletic director now since what 2009? Since then we have an NIT appearance and one football conference title.

Have you seen all the conference titles WKU has posted since they joined CUSA?

Just like players are a direct reflection of their coaches the coaches are a direct reflection of the Athletic Director.

Buildings and campaigns are nice but they aren't squat without championships going along with them.

It is his job to ensure crap like this season, like this weekend do not happen.
Is Doc going to fire Legg?

Hamrick showed his true colors as an AD when he spent 6 weeks courting Mike D'Antoni and ending up with big brother as basketball coach.

New Hamrick showed his true colors as an AD when he spent 6 weeks courting Mike D'Antoni and ending up with big brother as basketball coach.

Not Hamrick fault. L A Lakers heard about MDs defection even though they wanted or rather Koby wanted him gone and threatened suit if he departed early. Hamrick was caught in a spot and pulled trigger on DD.

Yes the OSU game looked very familiar to last night , no effort.....very concerning.

Time.for President Gilbert to have a sit down with Hamrick and evaluate the entire athletic program at Marshall. As President he is not going to be satisfied with mediocrity within his administration, faculty, and staff and I hope he is not going to satisfied with mediocrity within our athletic department.

Reactions: ohio herd
Whether Legg is fired or not, i have a strong suspicion we'll have a new offensive coordinator soon. And it sucks, for all involved - coaches are big boys, but they still have lives, families and worth. Easy for us as fans to call for people to be fired, but it's not easy.

True, but Legg probably makes $200k/yr. Living in the tristate area, that's more than enough to live comfortably and put money away for this sort of thing. Coaching is a high risk/high reward profession.

Reactions: HerditAllBefore
Talk to anyone who has dealt personally with Mike Hamrick (at Marshall or his previous jobs) and you'll hear a description of the man that is much different than his public persona. He is almost sociopathic when it comes to dissent, differing opinions, and suggestions. His recent Twitter rant was not out of character.

I mean how much do you guys expect Hamrick to do? He doesn't have the financial resources the other programs do. I will agree he's made some mistakes, but there aren't a ton of examples I could point to where he's messed up

Whether Legg is fired or not, i have a strong suspicion we'll have a new offensive coordinator soon. And it sucks, for all involved - coaches are big boys, but they still have lives, families and worth. Easy for us as fans to call for people to be fired, but it's not easy.
I agree 100%.

I mean how much do you guys expect Hamrick to do? He doesn't have the financial resources the other programs do. I will agree he's made some mistakes, but there aren't a ton of examples I could point to where he's messed up

not attacking you, but please give some specifics rather than generalities in how we are so poor and destitute?

We pay Doc about $750K and potential bonus of another $150K. The difference which separates him from the top 3 paid coaches in CUSA isn't but about $65K.

I have a hard time believing teams like Ohio are somehow able to afford multiple uniform options and other things that we are always saying we're too poor to buy.

If we were playing in the AAC, we would barely be able to keep up financially, but given our shitty conference, I just don't see it.

Legg isn't hurting. He will be fine. These guys know the job has a high propensity for moving around. Not an unknown to them. They are well compensated and will find other jobs.

not attacking you, but please give some specifics rather than generalities in how we are so poor and destitute?

We pay Doc about $750K and potential bonus of another $150K. The difference which separates him from the top 3 paid coaches in CUSA isn't but about $65K.

I have a hard time believing teams like Ohio are somehow able to afford multiple uniform options and other things that we are always saying we're too poor to buy.

If we were playing in the AAC, we would barely be able to keep up financially, but given our shitty conference, I just don't see it.

Most MAC schools are heavily subsidized from the state and heavy student fees. That's why they can afford stuff we can't.

Marshall as a whole is not in a good financial position. The athletic department is an extension of that. Do I think they could be doing things differently? Yes, but let's not go crazy here Hamrick has done a fine job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT