ADVERTISEMENT

Another One Bites the Dust

Agree, TwolfHerdfan. The area needs some new to the market eateries. Surprised the Huntington area doesn't have a Cheddar's. The one in Beckley is pretty good. Was hoping the development at Tanyard Station would have one of those places you mention. So far, just another same-o, same-o steak house. You'd think that the Charleston-Putnam-Huntington corridor could support a Cheesecake Factory!!

There is a Cheddars in Ashland, we eat their often. Yeah, a Cheesecake factory would kill in this area but that's a high end investment. They actually have a good menu as well.
Hell, I thought about contacting them and opening up a Cheesecake Factory bakery place in the old Five Guys space and selling just cheesecake for eat in or take out. I think that would do well. jmo.

The Tanyard development looks to be a major disappointment, and all talk, not much do.

There is a Cheddars in Ashland, we eat their often. Yeah, a Cheesecake factory would kill in this area but that's a high end investment. They actually have a good menu as well.
Hell, I thought about contacting them and opening up a Cheesecake Factory bakery place in the old Five Guys space and selling just cheesecake for eat in or take out. I think that would do well. jmo.

The Tanyard development looks to be a major disappointment, and all talk, not much do.
I am looking forward to Tanyard. I love Longhorn and can't wait for it to open. It is by far my favorite family priced steak house chain. It looks like it is coming along nicely.

I've been told by couple different people that Pies & Pints is going in where Max & Erma's was. Not sure if true or not , but what I have heard from couple different people.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I've been told by couple different people that Pies & Pints is going in where Max & Erma's was. Not sure if true or not , but what I have heard from couple different people.

That would be a good fit in that spot... It would fit the area at least.

Reactions: HerdFan73
I am looking forward to Tanyard. I love Longhorn and can't wait for it to open. It is by far my favorite family priced steak house chain. It looks like it is coming along nicely.

Really? A Longhorn and Menards. Sorry, that is just diappointing to me

They have a steak place and Menards. Not much to get too excited about - considering all the press and ballyhooed expectations.

Actually, Tanyard Station has only announced its first third or so of it tenants, should it be fully built out. It would have about 8 to 10 mid-size stores or restaurants and two more six store each strip mall buildings. Also are considering a motel and restaurant on the other side of 60. Have signed for a Highway 55 fast food restaurant already.

Reactions: Herdmeister
Actually, Tanyard Station has only announced its first third or so of it tenants, should it be fully built out. It would have about 8 to 10 mid-size stores or restaurants and two more six store each strip mall buildings. Also are considering a motel and restaurant on the other side of 60. Have signed for a Highway 55 fast food restaurant already.
Talk about a place that is overpriced and under delivers, HWY55 fits that bill perfectly.

I eat at the original 55, which was first called Andy’s. Completely different from the fringe area stores.

I eat at the original 55, which was first called Andy’s. Completely different from the fringe area stores.

Kenny Moore, who is the founder of Andy's (Now HWY55) is a member at Southern Wayne Golf Club in Mount Olive, NC. I was a member there for five years (2009-2014) and played many rounds of golf with him. Great guy... Built a multi-million dollar franchise from nothing in an abandoned storefront in a small rural NC town when he was fresh out of Mount Olive College. I always stop there, even if its just for a milkshake, whenever I am near one because I'd rather support a guy who came from nothing and has given untold amounts of money back in his community than one of the chains owned by a multi-national conglomerate like Yum Brands.

Kenny Moore, who is the founder of Andy's (Now HWY55) is a member at Southern Wayne Golf Club in Mount Olive, NC. I was a member there for five years (2009-2014) and played many rounds of golf with him. Great guy... Built a multi-million dollar franchise from nothing in an abandoned storefront in a small rural NC town when he was fresh out of Mount Olive College. I always stop there, even if its just for a milkshake, whenever I am near one because I'd rather support a guy who came from nothing and has given untold amounts of money back in his community than one of the chains owned by a multi-national conglomerate like Yum Brands.

I remember Kenny wheeling his burger cart into Cameron Indoor when he was getting established.

Last edited:

Hopefully they are saving the best for last regarding announcing tenants.

Hell, it’s progress I guess.

Really? A Longhorn and Menards. Sorry, that is just diappointing to me

They have a steak place and Menards. Not much to get too excited about - considering all the press and ballyhooed expectations.

Don't forget that Tanyard is also getting a Sheetz, a Verizon store, a mattress store and a nail salon. These are all needed in our area and.... oh wait.

I remember Kenny wheeling his burger cart into Cameron Indoor when he was getting established.

He was/is super proud that Andy ended up attending Duke. Kenny always talked about how the people at Duke were great to him when he was trying to get his feet under him as a small business owner.

Reactions: GreenDuke
Isn't there already a HWY 55 downtown around the corner from the Japanese Steak House, and little donuts place (Peace, Love?) on 4th Ave.?

What do you consider a nice breakfast?

We have Tudors, Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans and believe it or not, Waffle House is very good and cheap.

Would like a First Watch but that will never happen.
we were staying downtown so which of one of those is close

One of the best restaurants ever. I agree. But, when the tostada was removed from the menu along with the chili cheese burrito it was not a smart move by corporate. Very disturbing. The chili cheese burrito was a top notch.

I seldom ever go to Taco Bell, but, when I do, I have to stand there, staring at that damn menu board for probably 10 minutes, trying to figure out what I want. TB has way too many menu items, with little differences between them.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
And how does all the above help Huntington and/or Marshall? Once again Barboursville wins out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT