ADVERTISEMENT

Another Realignment Article: CUSA Is Hanging On By A Thread

Most people on here already know this, but you’re an idiot.

Having any sort of positive relationship with a bigot gives that bigotry credit and acceptance. For many years, the LDS church had a bigoted stance against blacks. Would it be alright to play a school that refused to allow blacks on their athletic teams if their religion supported that?
Might a good game to schedule for Doc. We might pull out a victory in overtime.

Reactions: cottrell75
Marshall has both an AD and a President who are satisfied with the status quo and neither are proactive in trying to put us in a better place athletically IMO.

Yes, up. While it is a simple fact that on the national stage ALL FIVE of the G5, including the one that claims not to be a member, are equal. Win all your games, go to the "access bowl". Don't and each conference has about the same list of minor bowl, generally against one another.

But the SBC schools as a group are smaller, have small athletic budgets, smaller fan bases and booster groups, less relevance in their states, and, most importantly, is the only conference that does not have national distribution of all of its football games.

I saw where we have the highest travel costs in the league - 5.5 Mil a year. Gotta get that fixed!

Reactions: WV_Celt
I saw where we have the highest travel costs in the league - 5.5 Mil a year. Gotta get that fixed!
There is absolutely no reason a school as small as Marshall, and with the financial situation it has, should be traveling to Texas or Louisiana for anything outside of occasional money games with P5 schools.

Even with an east merger, it would only give us 1 more bus trip, assuming we would bus it to Boone. Given that, not gonna save much from what others said on here on where we actually fly to (I would have thought we'd bus it to Charlotte and Nashville, but apparently we don't do that, its just a 5.5 hour drive to either of those...... The only scenario that cuts down on the travel cost considering that...................going back to the MAC.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Even with an east merger, it would only give us 1 more bus trip, assuming we would bus it to Boone. Given that, not gonna save much from what others said on here on where we actually fly to (I would have thought we'd bus it to Charlotte and Nashville, but apparently we don't do that, its just a 5.5 hour drive to either of those...... The only scenario that cuts down on the travel cost considering that...................going back to the MAC.

I’d say we’ll see more bus trips to those places and permanent cuts in AD. Jmo

Reactions: beefcake0520
Any of us”older” Herd fans remember the days when our athletic department was run by one person - Whitey Wilson. He did all the scheduling by himself for football and basketball. My how times have changed - essentially for the good but lots of bodies now in the athletic department doing who knows what and probably honestly are not “essential” to the day to day operation.

Any of us”older” Herd fans remember the days when our athletic department was run by one person - Whitey Wilson. He did all the scheduling by himself for football and basketball. My how times have changed - essentially for the good but lots of bodies now in the athletic department doing who knows what and probably honestly are not “essential” to the day to day operation.
Truth. Universities are filled with countless positions that magically came about one day, just so someone's friend could have a job.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan

Most of those bodies are working for peanuts in exchange for experience and getting a foothold in the industry.

WKU has more titles total in their short time in the league than most member schools do combined. We have what? 4-5 since 05? We are way too good for this league. Lol!
CUSA schools are dropping sports and making cuts, have you noticed? Marshall will as well. Maybe if we had more donors, that would help.

I have noticed...I've also noticed the MAC is being the most vocal about dropping sports. The MAC is also being the most talked about as far as dropping down divisions.
I am not denying CUSA is having its fair share of problems, but to say the MAC or really ANYONE in the G5 is better, is asinine af.

I have noticed...I've also noticed the MAC is being the most vocal about dropping sports. The MAC is also being the most talked about as far as dropping down divisions.
I am not denying CUSA is having its fair share of problems, but to say the MAC or really ANYONE in the G5 is better, is asinine af.
Who said they were better? I laugh at those on the board who think it’s so much worse than CUSA when it’s not. Usually CUSA , the MAC and SB trade places from year to year on being the worst D1 football conference.

Reactions: ThunderDrunk304
Who said they were better? I laugh at those on the board who think it’s so much worse than CUSA when it’s not. Usually CUSA , the MAC and SB trade places from year to year on being the worst D1 football conference.

You wouldn't think that during the regular season.

The old geezer likely has donated more money than the young boys ever will. The old geezer gives to the BG regardless of W/L because he knows it helps the kids.

The old geezer bitches about uniforms. The old geezer complains about hot dogs. The old geezer complains and mocks the young athletes they claim to support. The old geezer equates a single loss as the worst in history and quits on the team. The old geezer thinks by being old, they are entitled to be able to do this. The old geezer doesn't realize they're wrong.

The old geezer bitches about uniforms. The old geezer complains about hot dogs. The old geezer complains and mocks the young athletes they claim to support. The old geezer equates a single loss as the worst in history and quits on the team. The old geezer thinks by being old, they are entitled to be able to do this. The old geezer doesn't realize they're wrong.

Hilarious. Have you actually witnessed such behavior at games? Can you pinpoint proof of this happening?

I know you are an ardent supporter of Doc and Hamrick but these claims are a little out there. Come on man.

Hilarious. Have you actually witnessed such behavior at games? Can you pinpoint proof of this happening?

I know you are an ardent supporter of Doc and Hamrick but these claims are a little out there. Come on man.

Well, considering all of the said topics have been threads ON THIS BOARD with plenty of you claiming this is what the entire Herd fandom thinks, I wouldn't need much else to prove.

As for Doc, he's as good as we have currently. I would certainly say there have been worse coaches out there, regardless of how terrible CUSA may be, teams not being able to win despite having resources to, have been far, far worse than MU...which is also why CUSA is so low on the G5 totem pole.
Plus, its not like anyone on this board is rushing to send in an application to take his job. Its not an easy job to be in charge of 100 or so people, so I really can't be too critical of the guy.
Has he made dumb decisions during games? Absolutely.
Do I agree he could be better at what he does? Of course.
I'm im favor of him being the HC till his contract expires and we find someone else. Let's hope its someone who'll stay for a while.

As for Hamrick, he's done more at MU in the last 8 years than MU has done in the last 30. This actually should overlap and include MU the entire school. It began with Kopp and continues with Gilbert. MU has been making some very good strides with where its been heading. Even with COVID-19, the AD and President have been taking initatives to help their departments through this.

But THIS old geezer and many of my friends continue to give thousands of dollars to Marshall University every year. Just not athletics but the MU Foundation, Alumni Assoc, etc. Some of us old geezers never ever attended Marshall but still have a love for the university

ohh lookie...it's the "all about me" group complaining about the older fans that hung in with Marshall through the lean years and gave when they could. Yep, it's true, we have raised a group of idiots that only care about themselves and the hell with older fans...disgusting

And another football player leaves Liberty because of their culture. But yeah, religion, religion rabble rabble.

@riflearm2
@herdalicious
@The Real SamC

Just wait all these coaches are going to get burned by all this stuff. The tail will start wagging the dog. They already went after Dabo and the guy at Oklahoma State. Everything will be culture or racist or a flag or they didn't play me because they are hate filled grand sons of a slave owner. Or I am the wrong religion or they served the wrong syrup in the cafeteria. Or they only let me kneel for the anthem and the band played the national anthem. This has become professional whining and the extension of a soft ass generation raised by soft ass parents.

Just wait. It is going to be a shit show, a real life WWE.

ADVERTISEMENT