ADVERTISEMENT

ANOTHER WHISTLE BLOWER: CROOKED TRIED TO FIX HIS IRS AUDIT

dems impeachable offense hopes summed up nicely . . .

iu

"neither of you were on this call?"

"correct."

"so you both read it after it was released at the end of september?"

"yes."

I'll say this.....IMO, It's a much better format to have attorneys conducting the examinations

the only thing about this entire sham process that i'm pissed about is that trey the bulldog gowdy isn't still around to rip some asses wide open. he'd make schiff his bitch along with anybody else that wanted a part of him.

my reaction to the mentally deranged liberals after today's fiasco . . .

source.gif

I'll say this.....IMO, It's a much better format to have attorneys conducting the examinations

Despite the fact that these guys on this committee are attorneys, it makes sense why you would attempt to say this. Once again, the Dems are demonstrating they have NOTHING. They are embarrassing themselves

Despite the fact that these guys on this committee are attorneys, it makes sense why you would attempt to say this. Once again, the Dems are demonstrating they have NOTHING. They are embarrassing themselves
I am a political junkie, particularly at the national level. I have not watched one minute of this proceeding because I think it is that big of a joke.

I am a political junkie, particularly at the national level. I have not watched one minute of this proceeding because I think it is that big of a joke.

Man O man. You've got to watch just a few minutes of this political suicide.

If you need even the slightest hint how "splendidly" it's going for the Dems this afternoon, just look at Dtard's silence in this thread. Not a peep since this thing started airing. If this hearing keeps going this way, he might disappear like he did for 6 months in 2016.

He's left it up to Chevy to try and make a point....bahahahahahaha.

Reactions: 19MU88
THEY may be attorneys, but "they" are politicians first.

The reason I mentioned this was due to a better flow of Q&A without the politicians BS. however, I can understand why would appreciate the politician's POV.

Glad to hear you believe the Dems have "nothing". Means the world to me.

THEY may be attorneys, but "they" are politicians first

Attorneys on the judicial committee performing a political process. They know how to handle this situation.

You don't have confidence in the Dems ability to prove legitimate impeachment offenses??? (shocking)

Attorneys on the judicial committee performing a political process. They know how to handle this situation.

You don't have confidence in the Dems ability to prove legitimate impeachment offenses??? (shocking)
The lawyers are practiced at cross examination. They get their questions in a format with good follow-up questions. Also, it's a consistent flow of Q&A....not this 5 min BS where witnesses can chew up time not answering....or slow answering before the 5 min window is complete.

The lawyers are practiced at cross examination. They get their questions in a format with good follow-up questions. Also, it's a consistent flow of Q&A....not this 5 min BS where witnesses can chew up time not answering....or slow answering before the 5 min window is complete.

Oh...The guys yesterday were "cross examined". Unfortunately, the "witnesses" yesterday had nothing of substance to say.

New testimony ties Trump directly to Ukraine pressure campaign
testimony in the first few hours of the public impeachment hearings Wednesday thrust Trump himself back to center stage.
Taylor said that the aide overheard Trump ask Sondland about “the investigations” and that Sondland told the president the Ukrainians were “ready to move forward.”

Taylor said his aide later asked Sondland what Trump thought about Ukraine. Sondland said that Trump cared “more about the investigations of Biden, which Giuliani was pressing for,” Taylor testified.

Rep. Peter Welch (D-Vt.) said he would be “glad to have the person who started it all come in and testify.”
“President Trump is welcome to take a seat right there,” Welch said, gesturing to the witness desk.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...9872b2-0633-11ea-ac12-3325d49eacaa_story.html

A second official from the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv was present when U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland spoke on a July 26 phone call from Ukraine with Trump that directly ties the president to his administration’s effort this year to pressure Ukraine’s new leadership into publicly committing to investigate Biden.

Suriya Jayanti, a Foreign Service officer based at the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv, overheard the phone call and also witnessed Sondland’s other interactions during his trip to Ukraine, where the call took place in a restaurant, according to a person familiar with the matter, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss a matter involved in the impeachment proceedings.

Jayanti was the embassy official tasked with accompanying Sondland throughout the day of the call.

It became clear Wednesday that at least one embassy staffer, David Holmes, overheard Sondland on the call in Ukraine. He is slated to testify behind closed doors in the House impeachment probe Friday.

Jayanti’s presence near Sondland during the call in Ukraine was first reported by the Associated Press.

Trump has said he doesn’t remember the call, which William B. Taylor Jr., the acting U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, revealed during testimony to the House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday.

After the call, according to Taylor, Sondland told one of the embassy staffers that Trump cared more about the Ukrainians committing to investigate Biden than other policy matters involving the country.

United States Constitution
Text of Article 2, Section 4: The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors..

IT SAYS SHALL BE REMOVED FROM OFFICE.

Text of Article 2, Section 4: The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors..

IT SAYS SHALL BE REMOVED FROM OFFICE.
That means in case A president were to take a bribe from a foreign nation.

A second official from the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv was present when U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland spoke on a July 26 phone call from Ukraine with Trump that directly ties the president to his administration’s effort this year to pressure Ukraine’s new leadership into publicly committing to investigate Biden.

Suriya Jayanti, a Foreign Service officer based at the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv, overheard the phone call and also witnessed Sondland’s other interactions during his trip to Ukraine, where the call took place in a restaurant, according to a person familiar with the matter, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss a matter involved in the impeachment proceedings.

Jayanti was the embassy official tasked with accompanying Sondland throughout the day of the call.

It became clear Wednesday that at least one embassy staffer, David Holmes, overheard Sondland on the call in Ukraine. He is slated to testify behind closed doors in the House impeachment probe Friday.

Jayanti’s presence near Sondland during the call in Ukraine was first reported by the Associated Press.

Trump has said he doesn’t remember the call, which William B. Taylor Jr., the acting U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, revealed during testimony to the House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday.

After the call, according to Taylor, Sondland told one of the embassy staffers that Trump cared more about the Ukrainians committing to investigate Biden than other policy matters involving the country.
Yes and that is not a impeachable offense

IT SAYS SHALL BE REMOVED FROM OFFICE AND CONVICTION OF.

I fixed it for you. You left out the last bit

New testimony ties Trump directly to Ukraine pressure campaign
testimony in the first few hours of the public impeachment hearings Wednesday thrust Trump himself back to center stage.
Taylor said that the aide overheard Trump ask Sondland about “the investigations” and that Sondland told the president the Ukrainians were “ready to move forward.”

Taylor said his aide later asked Sondland what Trump thought about Ukraine. Sondland said that Trump cared “more about the investigations of Biden, which Giuliani was pressing for,” Taylor testified.

Rep. Peter Welch (D-Vt.) said he would be “glad to have the person who started it all come in and testify.”
“President Trump is welcome to take a seat right there,” Welch said, gesturing to the witness desk.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...9872b2-0633-11ea-ac12-3325d49eacaa_story.html

That means in case A president were to take a bribe from a foreign nation.

This is incorrect. And I am not even going to get into the Founders discussion on this, because based on your ignorance of how this process works I know it would go over your head.

First, bribery does not explicitly mean cash, what we think of as a bribe. It is any thing of value to the official (not the nation) that influences policy or action.

Second, an official could very well bribe another official. POTUS could bribe a judge. POTUS could bribe a member of Congress.

Third, soliciting bribery is bribery by statute (the words in statute that cover this are "demand" and "seek") and by common sense (it's pretty goddamn corrupt to demand a bribe). No exchange has to take place. For example, Rod Blagojevich was convicted of soliciting bribery, no exchange actually took place.

Reactions: Chevy1
ROGER STONE GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS IN RUSSIAN COLLUSION COVERUP

A federal jury has convicted longtime Trump confidant Roger Stone of lying to Congress and tampering with a witness about his efforts to learn about the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks release of hacked Democratic emails in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

Guilty on all seven counts resulting from his September 2017 testimony to a House intelligence committee investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election and the Kremlin’s efforts to damage Trump’s Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton.

In arguments and testimony over the past two weeks, prosecutors revealed a series of phone calls at critical times in 2016 between Stone, Trump and some of the highest-ranking officials on the Trump campaign — Stephen K. Bannon, Paul Manafort and Rick Gates.

Gates and Bannon took the witness stand, describing how the campaign viewed Stone as a sort-of conduit to WikiLeaks who claimed — even before the Russian hacking was known — to have insider information. Gates testified to overhearing a phone call in which Trump seemed to discuss WikiLeaks with Stone, calling into question the president’s assertion to Mueller’s office that he did not recall discussing the organization with his longtime friend.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...4fff5a-06ff-11ea-8292-c46ee8cb3dce_story.html

ROGER STONE GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS IN RUSSIAN COLLUSION COVERUP

A federal jury has convicted longtime Trump confidant Roger Stone of lying to Congress and tampering with a witness about his efforts to learn about the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks release of hacked Democratic emails in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

Guilty on all seven counts resulting from his September 2017 testimony to a House intelligence committee investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election and the Kremlin’s efforts to damage Trump’s Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton.

In arguments and testimony over the past two weeks, prosecutors revealed a series of phone calls at critical times in 2016 between Stone, Trump and some of the highest-ranking officials on the Trump campaign — Stephen K. Bannon, Paul Manafort and Rick Gates.

Gates and Bannon took the witness stand, describing how the campaign viewed Stone as a sort-of conduit to WikiLeaks who claimed — even before the Russian hacking was known — to have insider information. Gates testified to overhearing a phone call in which Trump seemed to discuss WikiLeaks with Stone, calling into question the president’s assertion to Mueller’s office that he did not recall discussing the organization with his longtime friend.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...4fff5a-06ff-11ea-8292-c46ee8cb3dce_story.html
you got him now?

My favorite thing about the Dems recent use of "bribery" as a buzzword is that it was based solely on Democratic polling data from last week as to which term sounded worse/scariest to the American people. True story.

My favorite thing about the Dems recent use of "bribery" as a buzzword is that it was based solely on Democratic polling data from last week as to which term sounded worse/scariest to the American people. True story.
Have no doubt the Dems are market testing terms, but the word, "bribery" is actually listed as an impeachable offense in the Constitution. It's an easier sell than, "high crimes or other misdemeanors", and it doesn't require a Latin lesson like " no quid pro quo".

The Dems could also use illegally circumventing the will and appropriations of Congress, but that would require the majority of Americans to understand how our government works...which ain't happening.

Why would it need to be "sold"?

Oh wait...everyone knows there is nothing impeachable.

This is stupid.

I've made the point many times that this is not a criminal proceeding, but for a moment let's think of it as one...every day, prosecutors have to sell to juries. This is not different in that sense. The Senate needs to be sold to convict, and as impeachment is a political process the People need to be sold it is necessary...after all, we do have a form of representative government.

Current polling shows about 48% of Americans say impeach the motherfvcker. 45% say do not impeach the motherfvcker. What were you saying about "everyone"? I'll be curious to see the polls on conviction when it moves to the Senate, as I think a decent chunk of people feel it's got to be really bad shit to deserve that....see the lower numbers on support for canning Bill Clinton for lying about a BJ. Of course, Clinton's approval numbers were MUCH higher...he hit 70% after the House voted to impeach...that's impressive!

Reactions: Chevy1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT