ADVERTISEMENT

Any basketball Seniors returning?

It’s my understanding that Danny has given all of them a week or so to decide if they want to return. I suppose after that, he will determine those that he will allow to return. Can’t take a lot of time to make those decisions since recruiting will need to be done.

Next signing period I believe starts around the 2nd week of April. Players and Coaches have a little cushion in decision making, but I'm sure Danny would like as much time/cushion as possible to evaluate additional potential recruits, including, perhaps, any potential ones in the Transfer Portal!

I was surprised as hell to see Iran Bennett still out there at the end of the season. I would have thought he'd have quit the team by now, going from a starter to playing nine minutes in one game all season. I realize there is something going on behind the scenes that hasn't been made public, but it just seems like a waste of his time and our scholarship.

A healthy Bennett, slimmed-down version, would fill the role of the big man inside next year. That might be too much to hope for, but anything is possible. If that does not happen, DD needs to find one more big guy with long arms and springs in his legs. Defense and rebounding has to improve.

I don’t understand how no one is asking this question? Are any of the Seniors coming back!?!?
It looks like all will return with one possible exception. One player is yet to make the decision and one non senior is contemplating a transfer. Expect Danny to use the NCAA allotted 2 extra scholarships next year to give the 2 new committed players

It looks like all will return with one possible exception. One player is yet to make the decision and one non senior is contemplating a transfer. Expect Danny to use the NCAA allotted 2 extra scholarships next year to give the 2 new committed players
Without getting a legit big man, I don't see how this team or program moves forward in 21-22. They better hit the darn weights hard this off season.

Reactions: Sean Hammond
I have serious concerns as to how Iran's situation will play out. It would not surprise me to see that end up being a volatile breakup.
Iran needs to have a volatile breakup with his knife and fork! Herd nation and DD have been very patient with his weight battles which have to contribute to his many injury woes. If he's pissed because Dan gives up on him, he needs to look in the mirror if he wants to blame someone.

So Danny is happy with everyone and doesn’t see any immediate needs on our roster?

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan

So is Kinsey staying or is he the one possible exception?

Last edited:
For his best interests Kinsey must declare and get feedback from NBA evaluators. He can return if it looks like his draft stock isn’t high enough. This draft is fairly deep, that will be a factor.

So in reality.... We still can lose Kinsey, Williams, and one other ( Bennett??). If that is the case and if what Herdmeister said is true about additional scholarships.... We very well may not be done......

Jannson and someone not really playing much?

I hope Danny made it perfectly clear in the meetings that he expects improvement from each, for all to hit the weights and that this team will play with a mean streak and sense of urgency next season.

It wouldn't shock me that next season or the year thereafter will be his last. He's done his job in righting the ship. jmo

If not at a higher level program already, I'd go after AW hard when DD retires.

I hope Danny made it perfectly clear in the meetings that he expects improvement from each, for all to hit the weights and that this team will play with a mean streak and sense of urgency next season.

It wouldn't shock me that next season or the year thereafter will be his last. He's done his job in righting the ship. jmo

100% agree with both your points...we're better now than we were when Dan took over and AW seems the logical successor to Dan!

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Danny needs to try and found homes for more than one "non senior" somewhere in the Mountain East which is more in tune to some of their levels of talent!

Reactions: HerdGrad1999

The program is definitely in better shape now than it was before DD arrival. He has made basketball relevant and fun again.

Reactions: KyMUfan
At some point, if players (depending on the player) are having difficulty deciding whether they want to be here and play, then you make the decision for them.
All decisions have been made with the exception of Jarrod, That should happen after the weekend. Of course Taevion is still out there checking into his possible draft status

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
All decisions have been made with the exception of Jarrod, That should happen after the weekend. Of course Taevion is still out there checking into his possible draft status
West would be a loss. I know Dan liked Knapper is he a possible?

The program is definitely in better shape now than it was before DD arrival. He has made basketball relevant and fun again.
It is but we can’t say that over and over to justify any stagnation. I like DD and appreciate what he has done. It’s just we need to keep moving forward. Next year is very crucial for that.

So Taevion is either staying with us or heading to the draft?

Dan's decisions may have been made and if so, he needs to inform the respective players, because I know for a fact that Jannson is still undecided.

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT